• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if women were the ones in charge

Vee

Premium Member
Bellow there are a couple of links to news of the events today in France (not "our" brightest moment I must say). Apart from the obvious stupidity and violence, what really caught my eye was that there are hardly any women in the images. Everyone we see breaking and burning are men. So it made me wonder what kind of world we would have if women were the ones in power. I'm guessing it wouldn't be all peace and quiet - definitely not quiet! But we probably wouldn't have this kind of incivility either:

PS - Just in case you're wondering, I didn't participate in any of the demonstrations.

dfnj

Bellow there are a couple of links to news of the events today in France (not "our" brightest moment I must say). Apart from the obvious stupidity and violence, what really caught my eye was that there are hardly any women in the images. Everyone we see breaking and burning are men. So it made me wonder what kind of world we would have if women were the ones in power. I'm guessing it wouldn't be all peace and quiet - definitely not quiet! But we probably wouldn't have this kind of incivility either:
PS - Just in case you're wondering, I didn't participate in any of the demonstrations.

Clearly God is a woman. No man could ever create anything as beautiful as a woman. Besides, I would prefer God be a woman anyway. This way men are not responsible for this mess.

WalterTrull

Godfella
Quite a few years of observation leads me to believe, that while their circumstances are different, men and women are pretty much the same. Women tend to be just as prone to violence as men. Might carry a few more "equalizers".

dfnj

Quite a few years of observation leads me to believe, that while their circumstances are different, men and women are pretty much the same. Women tend to be just as prone to violence as men. Might carry a few more "equalizers".

'Hell has no fury like a woman scorned'

Skwim

Veteran Member
A meeting between two women in charge.

two women in charge.png

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Is the leader of that movement a man?

Ciao

- viole

Vee

Premium Member
Nothing would be different, they are still human as well.

They are still human but I doubt they would take down fences, set a bank on fire or break the windows of every shop on the way.

Vee

Premium Member
Is the leader of that movement a man?

Ciao

- viole

They don't have a leader. Just random people getting together to do demonstrations that tend to end up with broken stuff, burnt stuff and lots of people in the hospital.

Curious George

Veteran Member

While i hope that governments have close to gender parity, I do not hold any illusions about it. France has one of the best gender parity rates in the world. I think history is clear that women can be just as vicious, destructive, and violent as men. They should be equally untrusted as their male counterparts. Power corrupts. Corruption breeds unrest. Unrest produces incivility.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
They don't have a leader. Just random people getting together to do demonstrations that tend to end up with broken stuff, burnt stuff and lots of people in the hospital.

Well, I just happen to have spent the last two days in Alsace. Strasbourg and Obernai. The Christmast markets, you know.
I know it is not statistically relevant, but the majority of people I saw wearing those yellow jilets were women. I believe BB also support them.

So, I am not sure what your point is.

Ciao

- viole

Vee

Premium Member
Well, I just happen to have spent the last two days in Alsace. Strasbourg and Obernai. The Christmas markets, you know.
I know it is not statistically relevant, but the majority of people I saw wearing those yellow jilets were women. I believe BB also support them.

So, I am not sure what your point is.

Ciao

- viole

My point was about the physical violence. The breaking, burning, and fighting.

Shad

Veteran Member

It wouldn't make a difference as rioting is not about the sex of the one(s) in power but policy, social, economic, etc, issues

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
My point was about the physical violence. The breaking, burning, and fighting.

I hasten to add that all "peaceful" protests seem to end up like this.....I wonder why? Could it be that paid stirrers go in and whip up an already emotionally charged crowd who then follow them into these violent outbursts? "Rent-a-crowd" has been operating for quite a long time. It gives police a licence to quell the violent mob with tear gas and water canons. Looks good on the news report, doesn't it? Who are portrayed as the bad guys? Who looks like the good guys? :shrug:

Reactions: Vee