• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if this is the afterlife?

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Yeah, if this is my afterlife, I want to kick myself for what I did in my former life. I don't care how great you have it in this life, this place doesn't seem much of a "heaven". If it is, I hope .5% of the world's population is enjoying it.

no_spoon

No one explains what takes the place of the axons, dendrites and neural networks that make thought and consciousness possible.

Oh, is there a monograph I missed on how axons, dendrites and neural networks make consciousness possible?

But seriously, last time I checked (and it's been a while, I grant you) the mechanism of consciousness was elusive. It obviously can't be a little person sitting inside your head watching flat screen monitors, because then the question would be, who watches inside his/her head? So if the consciousness that wrote your post in this thread is not in a particular part of your body, things aren't so clear anymore, right?

Bawb

Satan
if it is,it's hell,and then satan probably had a life span and died, and he'll be reincarnated as the child of marilyn manson and mikal jaxon XD

texan1

If this is my afterlife, I must have been a saint in my previous life or something. I wonder what the heck I did to deserve all this?