• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if the the Baha'i Faith were right?

Zephyr

Moved on
I'd be fine with it. Doesn't mean I'd convert though. Right or wrong, it's still foreign to my people and I have no business following it.

But like Katzpur said, we could sure do a hell of a lot worse.

Popeyesays

I'd be fine with it. Doesn't mean I'd convert though. Right or wrong, it's still foreign to my people and I have no business following it.

But like Katzpur said, we could sure do a hell of a lot worse.

Well, lots of people who believe they have found the truth outside the traditions of their ethnicity embrace the new without restraint.

It is not acceptable in my opinion to simply say my fathers and grandfathers believed this so i believe this without any business to come to my own decision.

Regards,
Scott

arthra

Baha'i
There's a positive side to parental consents for marriage that needs to be mentioned...

Families today need more support and assistance than ever... When parents consent to the marriage of their children they are more readily available to assist the new family.

So a stronger bond is created between the extended family and the new family...

- Art

Popeyesays

There's a positive side to parental consents for marriage that needs to be mentioned...

Families today need more support and assistance than ever... When parents consent to the marriage of their children they are more readily available to assist the new family.

So a stronger bond is created between the extended family and the new family...

- Art

Exatcly and it also means you never have to hear from your parents: "I never thought this was going to work!" They already had their chance to say that.

Regards,
Scott

UnityNow101

It would be wonderful if the Bahai Faith was the truth..Wouldn't it mean that we all would be saved in the end? One would not have to accept the Bahai Faith though because they believe that all roads lead to Heaven as long as you live a righteous life.

I do have a question for the Bahai's of this forum; if someone does not accept Baha'u'llah but is following one of the legitimate Messengers of God, are they saved? Or does one have to accept the station of Baha'u'llah to inherit eternal bliss? If I remember correctly, it is not necessary for one to accept Baha'u'llah to be saved.

Popeyesays

Baha`i's do not worry about salvation, it's a given. We worry about bringing about God's Kingdom on earth so mankind can be "saved".

Regards,
Scott

arthra

Baha'i
It would be wonderful if the Bahai Faith was the truth..Wouldn't it mean that we all would be saved in the end? One would not have to accept the Bahai Faith though because they believe that all roads lead to Heaven as long as you live a righteous life.

I do have a question for the Bahai's of this forum; if someone does not accept Baha'u'llah but is following one of the legitimate Messengers of God, are they saved? Or does one have to accept the station of Baha'u'llah to inherit eternal bliss? If I remember correctly, it is not necessary for one to accept Baha'u'llah to be saved.

"Salvation" is more a term I think used by Christians..like the word "sin" maybe..at least in my experiece.. You won't hear the word so much among Baha'is..and we wouldn't go around saying UnityNow that you're not "saved" either... that's more of an issue between you and God.

If say you believe in Jesus Christ and Baha'is also believe in Jesus ...and you accepted His promise to return then you might consider whether that came about already..

But for Baha'is the crucial issue at least in my view, is are we following what God has revealed for this day?

Christians also say they are no longer under the "old law" meaning the laws of Moses such as in Deuteronomy ... Most Christians would accept the Old Testament though as part of the Bible and inspired by God.

So somewhat the same thing has happened for the Baha'is..We acknowledge the inspiration of the Bible but accept what we believe God has revealed for this age...

- Art

The crucial point

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Baha`i's do not worry about salvation, it's a given. We worry about bringing about God's Kingdom on earth so mankind can be "saved".
Could you elaborate on this statement, Scott. I'm interested in what you're saying, but not quite following you.

Zephyr

Moved on
Well, lots of people who believe they have found the truth outside the traditions of their ethnicity embrace the new without restraint.

It is not acceptable in my opinion to simply say my fathers and grandfathers believed this so i believe this without any business to come to my own decision.

Regards,
Scott
I have no problem with lots of people converting. It's not my business to say who can and who can't, but as an Odalist, such a conversion would be against my philosophy.

As for the second comment, my family has been Christian for quite some time ;)

arthra

Baha'i
Could you elaborate on this statement, Scott. I'm interested in what you're saying, but not quite following you.

Scott I'm sure will reply.. but what i would like to propose what i think it means...

You will probably not hear the word "salvation" mentioned much by Baha'is ...although Salvation is mentioned in the Writings as in this quote from Abdul-Baha:

S[SIZE=-1]ALVATION[/SIZE]
"You ask if, through the appearance of the kingdom of God, every soul hath been saved. The Sun of Reality hath appeared to all the world. This luminous appearance is salvation and life; but only he who hath opened the eye of reality and who hath seen these lights will be saved."

For Baha'is I think the important thing is to recognize Who the Manifestation of God is for this age and to follow HIs principles and teachings...

Now the part about "bringing about the Kingdom of God on earth" means I think that we should help build the foundations of world peace ... Jesus encouraged all His followers to say the "Our Father" prayer which includes the part about the Kingdom of God being realized on this earth... to us this means realizing the principles of Baha'u'llah about establishing a representative world government, reducing armaments, an international court of arbitration, the equality of men and women, universal education, reducing the extremes of wealth and poverty, eliminating racism and so on... when these principles have been established we believe Christ's promise will be fulfilled and the Kingdom of God will be here on this earth.

- Art

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, let's all hop on and see if we can get everyone's belief covered here (waves to mystics especially):

How would you react if at the end of the day you found out the Baha'i Faith was right?

(This is actually getting kinda fun now...can't wait to see who pops up next.)

You wouldn't believe me if i said this, but, i don't think it would be the right one. :D

I have my own reasons. ;)

Yeah yeah, i know it's just a matter of "what if ..." but sometimes, there are things which just can't be right no matter what, no offense inteneded.

arthra

Baha'i
Well "The Truth"...

Thanks for your comments and good to read them...Maybe there are some things we have in common after all...

- Art:bunny::bunny:

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
OK, let's all hop on and see if we can get everyone's belief covered here (waves to mystics especially):

How would you react if at the end of the day you found out the Baha'i Faith was right?

(This is actually getting kinda fun now...can't wait to see who pops up next.)

If the god of the Baha'i Faith could manifest the miracle I have proposed "How To Prove God to an Atheist", here...then I'd be a "true believer" in very short order.

Popeyesays

If the god of the Baha'i Faith could manifest the miracle I have proposed "How To Prove God to an Atheist", here...then I'd be a "true believer" in very short order.

Miracles are worthless for those who do not get to witness them. I would point out that just such a miracle as you describe occured with jesus at the Transfiguration and yet since you did not witness it, you do not accept it.

God reveals Himself as we are able to perceive Him. Can't ask for more.

baha`u'llah received an emissary from a Shi'ih school in Karbila. The message to Him was would He deign to grant a miracle so the clergy at the school could become followers if he produced. Baha`u'llah said, "Fine". He stipulated that they would have to agree as to what precisely the miracle should be and if Baha`u'llah was able to produce it they would all publicly declare their belief in the bab and baha`u'llah and become Baha`i publicly.

For months they wrangled with just what this miracle should be. in the end they could not agree and feared that if they did agree Baha`u'llah would like a magician produce an illusion that would pin them to their word.

When the emissary returned to give baha`u'llah the rather craven message, he severed his relationship with the school of clergy, declared his belief in the Bab and baha`u'llah and lived to a ripe age as a baha`i of exemplary accomplishment.

For him the miracle had been produced.

Regards,
Scott

Regards,
Scott

arthra

Baha'i
Baha'u'llah in the Kitab-i-Iqan pp. 80-81 mentioned the kind of miracle I think is being alluded to above..

What would happen is that everyone would be thunder struck and unable to deny it...and be afraid to speak or respond:

"(Were the) Gospel to be literally fulfilled; were Jesus, Son of Mary, accompanied by angels, to descend from the visible heaven upon the clouds; who would dare to disbelieve, who would dare to reject the truth, and wax disdainful? Nay, such consternation would immediately seize all the dwellers of the earth that no soul would feel able to utter a word, much less to reject or accept the truth. "

This is not what God wills for us. At least in the Baha'i view.

- Art

BruceDLimber

On a lighter note, pun intended, what does the Baha'i faith have to say about little nuggets such as "cosmic consciousness", "samadhi", "enlightenment" or whatever you feel like calling that primary or "entry level" state of awareness?

Hi!

The Baha'i Faith says exactly zero about these things.

Our own scriptures cover the important points using their own terminology.

And you can see these at:
Best regards, and good hunting! :)

Bruce

arthra

Baha'i
Well concepts of cosmic consciousness, samadhi and enlightenment... to me imply meditation and as in most all religions meditation is also valued in Baha'i Faith...but no particular course in meditation is prescribed or endorsed...so the believer is free to meditate in a way that pretty much suits them... The above concepts are not necessarily incompatible with Baha'i ideals. One could have say an experience of awakening for instance... or spiritual insight.

Also Baha'i Faith is I think more socially oriented...that is, we stress building a society on Baha'i principles more than retreating say to the Black Forest or the HImalaya and attaining personal bliss

- Art

UnityNow101

I must say that I love the teachings of the Bahai Faith and believe the followers of the faith to be among some of the nicest people that I have ever met. I just wonder how the truth of the Bahai Faith can stand in light of some very important passages. How can we ignore these very clear statements made by Jesus Christ? This is not to argue about anything. Just to restate that Jesus said clearly that there will be false Christs' and prophets...Who could these be? You must come to your own conclusions, although it is hard to make a case for Baha'u'llah in the light of some of these passages.

Mark 13:21; "If anyone says to you, 'Behold, here is the Christ(Anointed)', or 'Behold, He is there', do NOT believe him, for false Christs and false prophets WILL arise, and will show signs and wonders, in order, if possible, to lead the elect astray."

Matthew 24:23; "Then if anyone says to you, Behold, here is the Christ, or there He is, do NOT believe him."

Luke 21:8; "See to it that you be not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, I am He' and, ' The time is at hand; do NOT go after them."