• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if my friend is Jesus?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
A while back I made a post about a friend of mine who thinks he’s Jesus.

I am now pretty convinced that he is Jesus.

But yes, I do harbour an element of doubt

The Simulation is telling me that he is Jesus too.

So… I have literally found Jesus...

If you were me, what would you do next?

Yes, I know this is madness :D

And yes, I am aware of this: Folie à deux - Wikipedia

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

personalities only exist as persons. they don't come into being and then die and return the same personality. they might have the same name but they aren't the same person. case in point: jesus references john the baptist as the former personality known as elijah. john the baptist was asked if he were elijah. he said no because he wasn't. that personality elijah existed in another space/time. he was reincarnated as a new personality with possible memories of an old earthly experience.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have a Spanish friend named Jesus, ang another named Angel. Both are good guys

Your question. I would carry on the friendship as though he is just an ordinary friend... No worshipping, that would only drive him deeper into psychosis

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I have a Spanish friend named Jesus, ang another named Angel. Both are good guys

Your question. I would carry on the friendship as though he is just an ordinary friend... No worshipping, that would onky drive him deeper into psychosis
He says he doesn't want to be worshipped!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The thing is, he is not at all grandiose

He comes off as humble and he seems motivated only by service to humankind

Sounds good to me

There is a lot of mankind is that needs servicing, he'll have his work cut out for him

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

Here is how do you check he is real Jesus Christ, ask him to unlock the seals of revelation, because the book of revelation says Jesus is the only one able to do it.

Bathos Logos

Just as words stand or fall on their own merits, regardless who said them, people's actions stand on their own merits, regardless who they are surmised to be in the eyes of anyone else.

Ultimately - it doesn't matter if your friend is something anyone deems "Jesus" or not. If he does right by people, is kind and shows goodness and benevolence in his actions, then that is what we might say matters about "who" he is. Not that he is some representation of some other person who already came and went. That doesn't matter. If he has merit, he has merit - no matter if he is deemed a "Jesus" or not.

So, ultimately, my answer to "what should I do?" is - nothing. Treat him no differently than you would someone else with his exact same disposition. Treat him as a friend as you feel compelled to do, but don't act on the idea that he is "Jesus".

Last edited: