• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if minorities in the US...

Wandering Monk

formed their own political party?

Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians make up 36% of the US population. If they could work together and get out the vote, they could turn the power structure of the US on its head. They couldn't be ignored or patronized anymore.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Hispanics, Blacks, and Asians make up 36% of the US population. If they could work together and get out the vote, they could turn the power structure of the US on its head. They couldn't be ignored or patronized anymore.
At this time that would primarily take votes from the Democrats so Republicans would win more.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's an interesting political study to look at South Africa in the years since apartheid. At far higher than 36% of the population, there are still major challenges yet to be overcome.

So much of the problem is totally ingrained, and difficult to change, on many levels.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It's an interesting idea, but we're not talking about monolithic groups which could easily form a political alliance simply based on being minorities.

Curious George

Veteran Member

Do you think "no whites allowed" is a good slogan for such a party?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

A race based political party? Now where have we heard that before in our history?

Actually I would use modern politics own tools against them. Form a lobbying group and buy off your very own special interest politician.

Prim969

Wandering Monk that would surely lead to a racist agenda within your own country and probably a racial war as well. As to that 36 percent of the population that you mentioned about acquiring more power for themselves. I do not understand. Does not that power belong to the fullness of one people within your country.? I think it’s called the American people

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

The problem in the U.S. is that the people are divided. You have the poor and lower class white people and the “minorities” fighting each other. But if they worked together to fight for their common goals you would have a major force for change. Keep them divided and the rich upper class just keeps getting richer.

Wandering Monk

A race based political party? Now where have we heard that before in our history?

Actually I would use modern politics own tools against them. Form a lobbying group and buy off your very own special interest politician.

I never suggested that the party would only have minorities in it. I expect there would be substantial numbers of whites in the party who sympathize and support the party. It would be a party that recognizes and utilizes the the power of that coalition to move the country to FINALLY doing something meaningful for minorities.