• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if Jesus was born in 1053 A.D?

Ana.J

Here is what happens when scientists study religious books....

Basically they took the description of crucification in Bible (eclipse and earthquake) and found the date when those events were describes in other sources.

Ana.J

Even non-believers have to admit that Jesus has changed the world, and such a person leaves his signs on the pages of history..

Indeed. However, it is interesting if he was alive just a 1000 years ago....not 2000 as we are told...

Basically they took the description of crucification in Bible (eclipse and earthquake) and found the date when those events were describes in other sources.

That is what happens when crackpot pseudo-scholars data mine and retro fit explanations to historical events.

There are countless flaws with this line of argument, but sticking to one key example: Islam could not have emerged if there was no Jesus narrative in the Middle East. I can say with a very high degree of confidence that Islam did indeed emerge in the ME significantly before the 11th C.

This idea that religions could be magicked out of thin air and enforced top-down on the global masses by a handful of cunning manipulators is ludicrous.

Ana.J

That is what happens when crackpot pseudo-scholars data mine and retro fit explanations to historical events.

There are countless flaws with this line of argument, but sticking to one key example: Islam could not have emerged if there was no Jesus narrative in the Middle East. I can say with a very high degree of confidence that Islam did indeed emerge in the ME significantly before the 11th C.

This idea that religions could be magicked out of thin air and enforced top-down on the global masses by a handful of cunning manipulators is ludicrous.

Well, who says that Jesus from Bible and Jesus from Karan are the same people? Jesus means "messiah". Like Buddha means "enlightened". Why can't there be few messiahs?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, who says that Jesus from Bible and Jesus from Karan are the same people? Jesus means "messiah". Like Buddha means "enlightened". Why can't there be few messiahs?
No, Jesus doesn't mean 'Messiah'. There are other figures in the Bible called Jesus, as the alternative form of the name is also Joshua. Jesus was a very common name at the time. It means Yahweh Saves.

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

Well, who says that Jesus from Bible and Jesus from Karan are the same people?

The Quran specifically references and alludes to Biblical passages, from both the Torah and the Gospels. It's not referring to some generic character, but to the guy mentioned in the book that must have predated the creation of that religion...

Wanting to believe something does not make it true.

Isa bin Maryam was very much the same person.

Significant parts of the Quran are a discourse on Syriac Christianity and Judaism. It contains references to the Syriac Alexander Romance which served as propaganda for Emperor Heraclius clearly dated to around 630

The inscription in the Dome of the Rock from the 7th/8th C contain anti-Christian polemics. Stone inscriptions record Jewish/Christian warfare between Ethiopia and Himyar (Yemen) in the 7th C.

Unless their was a very well coordinated global conspiracy from Greece to Ethiopia to Yemen to Persia to China to Britain to France to Russia that managed to insert a new world history into effect and delete all traces of the old history then we can probably consider this myth pretty comprehensively busted.

Shad

Veteran Member

No this is from one scientist, a mathematician really, spinning wild conspiracy theories that would never make it passed peer-review. He is a crackpot, nothing more.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Love it. We've gone from 'Jesus didn't exist' to, 'Jesus was born a thousand years after he was supposedly born. Please believe us.'

Can you imagine if someone said "Actually, Mohammed was born in AD 1600."

Because that is the argument level here.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
It's like watching Zeitgeist for the first time...

I will take your word for it as I've never watch it before nor have an interest in doing so. It is pure nonsense within academia hence why it is released to the public as the public is gullible enough to spend time and money on garbage.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even non-believers have to admit that Jesus has changed the world, and such a person leaves his signs on the pages of history..
For good or worse?
Indeed. However, it is interesting if he was alive just a 1000 years ago....not 2000 as we are told...
Allah/Mohammad would not have had to explain about nativity and crucifixion.

Last edited:

Limo

These books have some logical base. It's really can be justified.
The problem is in the New Testimony itself which has many contradicted natural environmental signs birth date and crucifixion date.

If you try to trace back these natural signs in the books (stars, earthquicks, volcanoes,,,) with new scientific discoveries you'll reach no where or 11th century as Dr Formenko concluded or any other date

Limo

Islamic perspective :
El-messiah is there in Quran as a human and as a prophet. He is born from a good woman Mariam without a father. He's just like Adam who is created with neither father nor mother.
He's neither god nor son god nor god the son nor son of god nor part of trinity god

The Jesus-Christ character is built away from where he was born among the Israelis. The character has been taken state of the arts beliefs from many Pagans religions at that time (Born from virgin, savior, crucified, resurrected,,,)
It ends up with a fictitious character that it's easily for archeologists and scholars to prove that Jesus-Christ character doesn't exist.

MD

qualiaphile
Love it. We've gone from 'Jesus didn't exist' to, 'Jesus was born a thousand years after he was supposedly born. Please believe us."

Can you imagine if someone said "Actually, Mohammed was born in AD 1600."

Because that is the argument level here.

There are 1600 Mohammeds born in the UK every day :p