• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if Jesus comes tomorrow?

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Here's a thought experiment:

OK, so imagine tomorrow Jesus Christ comes down to Earth, from Heaven, thus bringing about his second coming:

I was wondering, what may happen once he shows up? But before he actually does or says anything?

So, once he appears and makes himself known, but before he says or does anything:

1) How would this event be covered by the media?

2) Would anything drastic happen, economically?

3) What would the political establishment do? What would world leaders have to say?

4) What would happen on the Internet?

5) Would there be civil disturbances of some kind? Or mass celebrations?

6) What would the Atheists do? (Assuming there would be obvious miracles being performed that they would be able to observe)

7) How would adherents to religions other than Christianity react? (Bearing in mind he hasn't yet said anything...)

8) Would it all of a sudden somehow make the world a better place? Or would it make the world a more dangerous and unstable place? What do you think?

We already know the answer to all these questions.

GOP Rep. Claims Trump Is Being Treated Worse Than Jesus | HuffPost

Jesus came with a message of hope and peace. Yet he was not ashamed to speak the truth even if it sounded rude, not even if he flipped a few tables to get injustice to stop. How did people respond?

We know all of this, because as the above article says, it happened to Trump. If Trump is treated thus, the Messiah will be treated this bad, or worse. In fact, we know how Jesus was treated the first time.

The test of the Second Coming is about Jesus repackaged. Will you also reject such a person, and allow him to be bullied? Will you tell yourself lies about how you help the poor (mainly by donating to people you never see) while someone stands in front of you and says "Behold I stand at the gate..." Sorry Jesus, you're not wearing a mask, and you look dirty. Or, sorry you're Republican/male/white/whatever I hate.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

OK, so imagine tomorrow Jesus Christ comes down to Earth, from Heaven, thus bringing about his second coming:

I was wondering, what may happen once he shows up? But before he actually does or says anything?

So, once he appears and makes himself known, but before he says or does anything:

3) What would the political establishment do? What would world leaders have to say?

6) What would the Atheists do? (Assuming there would be obvious miracles being performed that they would be able to observe)

7) How would adherents to religions other than Christianity react? (Bearing in mind he hasn't yet said anything...)

8) Would it all of a sudden somehow make the world a better place? Or would it make the world a more dangerous and unstable place? What do you think?

Absolutely nothing would happen. He would be ignored and called a madman or a monster like when He first appeared and if He became popular and seen by many as a saviour then He would be slandered, maligned, called an imposter and false pretexts found to imprison and kill or exile Him just as humankind has done to all the Prophets and Messengers of the past.

Further proof of this is what they did to the Twin Manifestations of God The Bab and Baha’u’llah when They appeared recently.

So it is I believe the case to be that Jesus has already returned in the Glory of the Father, Baha’u’llah, but sadly has been treated with the same cruelty and oppression as when He first appeared.

As to whether the world would become a better place or not. I believe that in time the world will accept that He has returned and that the Kingdom of God on earth will be established.

If Christ comes tomorrow! Among all the evangelical specualtions and exaggerations, there is a more nuanced side to the question. For a start, the scriptural record, canonical and non, contain more than three hundred passages of warnings of false teaching and interpretation. Confronting and exposing these errors must be high on 'his' agenda. And as history has yet to definitively agree on the veracity of any religious claim, one would expect that to be sorted. And as all chistology is founded upon an all too human theological construct, it remains to be seen if Christ will even recognize theology as a valid human intellecutal enterprise. And what if 'he' comes not only to expose error but to reveal new understanding and insight of the Incarnation and the will of the Father, contrary to what tradition has taught? Expect ecclesiastic feathers flying and gnashing of teeth all around!

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
If Jesus would come tomorrow, we would really, really know;
That `He` was the original `Jesus` and not some phony,
because `He` wouldn't have a cell phone !!!

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
It would be a shame to Martin Luther King to see people talk like this.
Skin color is back - brought back by African Americans and those who
support them.
I think there's going to be more skin hate now than there was before.

Personally I think it is more about culture than skin. Folks wanting to keep their culture separate.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If Christ comes tomorrow! Among all the evangelical specualtions and exaggerations, there is a more nuanced side to the question. For a start, the scriptural record, canonical and non, contain more than three hundred passages of warnings of false teaching and interpretation. Confronting and exposing these errors must be high on 'his' agenda. And as history has yet to definitively agree on the veracity of any religious claim, one would expect that to be sorted. And as all chistology is founded upon an all too human theological construct, it remains to be seen if Christ will even recognize theology as a valid human intellecutal enterprise. And what if 'he' comes not only to expose error but to reveal new understanding and insight of the Incarnation and the will of the Father, contrary to what tradition has taught? Expect ecclesiastic feathers flying and gnashing of teeth all around!

Good one ^ above ^ . Yes, ecclesiastic feathers flying and gnashing of teeth all around.
Because the ' ecclesiastical feathers ' think they sit as some sort of ' religious queen ' to earth's political ' kings ' so she thinks she will never see sorrow.
Revelation 18:7-9 informs us otherwise. By sudden surprise the political 'kings' will No longer need the the ' religious queen' as a bed fellow and topple her.
Who knows, perhaps a bad economy could even make the wealth the religions have amassed look like easy taking for the political.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Absolutely nothing would happen..................................
So it is I believe the case to be that Jesus has already returned in the Glory of the Father, ...................................
As to whether the world would become a better place or not. I believe that in time the world will accept that He has returned and that the Kingdom of God on earth will be established.
If Jesus already returned we would see the fulfillment of Matthew 25:31-33 by that ' time of separating ' taking place on Earth.
Jesus ( as King of God's kingdom - Daniel 2:44) will separate people at this glory time.
I find Jesus said that among those professing to follow him there would be fake ' weed/tares ' Christians and genuine ' wheat ' Christians.
These would both grow together until the Harvest Time. We know a harvest comes at the end of the season and Not before.
Yes, the kingdom of God will be established on Earth. ( thy kingdom come ....)
We are nearing the time of that crumbling political statue's toes of Daniel chapter 2.
Perhaps, we are even more like being at the 'time of the toenails' ! The collapse of that political world statue.
The 'executional words from Jesus' mouth'' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
Then, Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will establish Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill. - Psalms 37:9-11.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

I would look to see if he brought all the Jews back to Israel, ruled from Jerusalem, and ushered in an era of world peace. IOW if he still didn't fulfill the prophecies, he still wouldn't be the messiah.

PruePhillip

I would look to see if he brought all the Jews back to Israel, ruled from Jerusalem, and ushered in an era of world peace. IOW if he still didn't fulfill the prophecies, he still wouldn't be the messiah.

Jesus has fulfilled half the Messianic prophecy.
In Zechariah he speaks of the Messiah King coming to rule the nations, but
the Jews will mourn because they see it's the same lowly man they crucified.

IndigoChild5559

Jesus has fulfilled half the Messianic prophecy.
In Zechariah he speaks of the Messiah King coming to rule the nations, but
the Jews will mourn because they see it's the same lowly man they crucified.
Jesus didn't fulfill half the prophecies. Virtually all the prophesies quoted in the gospels are out of context, mistranslated, or made up out of whole cloth.

PruePhillip

Jesus didn't fulfill half the prophecies. Virtually all the prophesies quoted in the gospels are out of context, mistranslated, or made up out of whole cloth.

Okay, this is what Zechariah said, about 600 years before Jesus.
The Messiah as King would come to His people. He will conquer
his enemies. But the Jews will mourn because this King is also
the Messianic Redeemer who came to them lowly and upon a
colt, and the one they "pierced." They will mourn because it was
they, as a people, who did this.
This is a prophecy of TWO Messianic comings - first as Redeemer
and then as King.

ps the Greek translations of the New Testament are fairly consistent.
You can check in the Interlinear bible.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Well, depending on where He is going to land, He will need to wear a mask.

Ciao

- viole

IndigoChild5559

Okay, this is what Zechariah said, about 600 years before Jesus.
The Messiah as King would come to His people. He will conquer
his enemies. But the Jews will mourn because this King is also
the Messianic Redeemer who came to them lowly and upon a
colt, and the one they "pierced." They will mourn because it was
they, as a people, who did this.
This is a prophecy of TWO Messianic comings - first as Redeemer
and then as King.

ps the Greek translations of the New Testament are fairly consistent.
You can check in the Interlinear bible.
I'm willing to discuss this with you,but first, bring the quality of your post up to par. Zechariah what???? Quote the verses in question.

PruePhillip

I'm willing to discuss this with you,but first, bring the quality of your post up to par. Zechariah what???? Quote the verses in question.

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! See, your King comes to
you, righteous and victorious, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. And I will cut
off the chariot from Ephraim and the horse from Jerusalem, and the bow of war will be broken. Then He
will proclaim peace to the nations; His dominion will extend from sea to sea, and from the Euphrates to
the ends of the earth.…

Zechariah 12:9
On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem. And I will pour out on the house of
David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they
have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child…

IndigoChild5559

Zechariah 12:9
On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem. And I will pour out on the house of
David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they
have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child…
I'm going to limit the discussion to the Zecheriah 12:9-10 quote, since really this is the one that matters most to Christians.

Let me requote it for the record: Zecheriah 12:10 in Jewish Bibles:
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto Me because of the one they have thrust through; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.

According to Christians this is supposed to be a messianic prophecy that is fulfilled in John 19:34-37
34 Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus’ side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35 The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36 These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: “Not one of his bones will be broken,” 37 and, as another scripture says, “They will look on the one they have pierced.

If I'm remembering this correctly, Zechariah ch. 12 is about the battle at the end of time. In the middle of that battle, a miracle is going to happen -- someone is going to get killed, and this death is going to cause Israel to so deeply mourn that Israel will repent and turn back to God. It will be like the mourning in the Valley of Megiddo. What's that mean?

Often when God wants to speak to us of a future event, he says, "Remember when that happened back there? It will be like that."

If you read 2 Chronicles 35 about the death of King Josiah, you will understand. King Josiah disguises himself as an ordinary soldier so that he can fight alongside his men in battle. He is slain by archers. It is written that ALLLLL of Israel mourned for him. Jeremiah himself wrote the great lamentation for him. There was nothing again ever like it.

So all of this is who is pierced. Not Jesus.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe:
1. It would be viewed as an alien invasion

2. With the armies of the world devastated the lack of manpower would hurt the world economies.

3. The AntiChrist will most likely perish leaving his followers in a quandary. They would probably say it is a disaster.

4. The internet would have all kinds of wild speculation and aliens would top the list.

5. I believe the lost might go nuts and riot since their foundation will be undercut.

6. Atheist would probably by the alien theory. A superior force does not necessarily count as a miracle.

7. They would probably buy the alien theory.

8. The world would go into chaos.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Only if Jesus is non-White. I mean nobody is going to listen to a White man of privilege.

MexicanJesus_400x400.gif

I believe the glorified vision of Jesus will be far removed from what people normally look like and what Jesus will look like in The Kingdom of God.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I believe the glorified vision of Jesus will be far removed from what people normally look like and what Jesus will look like in The Kingdom of God.

Ok, why.

Why not do coming in all glory the first time?

If there is a God, I doubt anyone has the right idea about what is going to happen.