• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if Jesus came back as a Buddhist?

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Deut 13:1 said:
Okay, fine, let me rephrase it, your question is similar to, "What if pizza could talk to me?"
:biglaugh: I appreciate your humour, but I think people are taking this thread slightly more seriously than that :tsk:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Okay, fine, let me rephrase it, your question is similar to, "What if pizza could talk to me?"
What? Your pizza DOESN'T talk to you? Good Lord. Next you will tell me the pixie that delivers it is not real.

*starts sobbing*

*Glances down at a three day old pizza*

"Don't listen to him my precious... Here, I will keep you safe."

*Chomp, chomp, chomp*

blueman

God's Warrior
Popeyesays said:
How many, many times have I seen exclusivists cite single verses and expect it to win an argument.

Here it is in context: "
John 14

Jesus Comforts His Disciples

1"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God[a]; trust also in me. 2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going."
Jesus the Way to the Father

5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

He says there were already many mansions and many rooms - salvation for those who followed the Prophet of God when He wore a different face - Jews, Zoroastrians, Hindus, the followers of Noah, Lot, Jacob - the many rooms for all of them. NOW He goes to prepare a place for His own followers in heaven. Did you think that meant all the people there before got evicted?

Jesus was indeed the way, the truth and the life for the Apostles and all who lived in those days. Before Jesus Zoroaster was the way, the truth and the life, as was Moses, Abraham, Noah, Jacob, Krsna. You see INCLUSIVE salvation, not EXCLUSIVE salvation.
God wants us all to know and worship Him, not just the followers of Jesus of NAzareth.

As time passed the Prophet of God returned in a new Vessel - Muhammed, then the Bab and Baha`u'llah. As is said in Revelations - "He will write His name on a white stone, and no man knows the name." (paraphrase) In the latest instance the name on the stone is "Baha`u'llah". But that's my own belief, you are not obligated to accept it. But my belief includes everyone in heaven, not just those who agree with me. I like it better that way, I think God prefers it too.

Regards,
Scott
Whatever you say Scott.

greatcalgarian

YmirGF said:
What? Your pizza DOESN'T talk to you? Good Lord. Next you will tell me the pixie that delivers it is not real.

*starts sobbing*

*Glances down at a three day old pizza*

"Don't listen to him my precious... Here, I will keep you safe."

*Chomp, chomp, chomp*
You read too many Garfield:biglaugh:

Master Vigil

Why do you find it so absurd that Jesus would come back as something other than a christian? I certainly don't see it as absurd, if not as impossible as pizza talking.

mr.guy

crapsack
Wouldn't Jesus being a christian be the most absurd choice? Why join a religion just to worship himself? I don't know how prayers get off the ground and to heaven, but Jesus as a christian might make something of a "prayer feedback".

Master_vigil:
Well... What if?? I mean, what if Jesus truely did come back, and this was beyond any doubt. And he was a buddhist, or any other religion for that matter. Would that shake a christians faith?
When honestly when i was 13 years old i was always thinking about that! well our teachers told us that Jesus will come down and will pray with Mahdi(as).he will be working with Muslims saviour!!

and i was always spending timeasking my self:
There are many faiths that are in the right way and say God is one and they do good! What will Jesus Christ do with these groups??

Now u say...what will be the destiny of those that believe in God but dont know jesus?

im still spending time on it!!!(thats why i,m time spender!)
Sorry 4 the Mistakes
And cheers
God bless
~mohammad

Deut 13:1

Master Vigil said:
Why do you find it so absurd that Jesus would come back as something other than a christian? I certainly don't see it as absurd, if not as impossible as pizza talking.
I don't find it absurd, in-fact it wouldn't surprise me if HaShem sent Mr. J back as someone else via gilgul ha'ne'shamot in order to fix what I believe to be, his lies.

fromthe heart

I don't find it absurd, in-fact it wouldn't surprise me if HaShem sent Mr. J back as someone else via gilgul ha'ne'shamot in order to fix his lies.
COME ON Deut...that wasn't nice you hurt my feelings! :(