• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if I Called You A Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins?

What if I called you a cotton headed ninny muggins.

• I would be offended

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I would tell you to step away from the DVD player, open it, and smash your Elf disc.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • This thread is stupid.

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What if I called you a cotton headed ninny muggins in passing?

"He does nothing all Christmas season but watch Elf because he's a cotton headed ninny muggins.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
does-not-compute-gif.gif

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Salix, I don't understand the context I guess. The urban dictionary info indicated it was racist, referring of African Americans, I guess. Much like the 'n' word. I've personally used racist idioms in the past, unknowingly, but once I learned the history, I stopped.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Salix, I don't understand the context I guess. The urban dictionary info indicated it was racist, referring of African Americans, I guess. Much like the 'n' word. I've personally used racist idioms in the past, unknowingly, but once I learned the history, I stopped.

I guess one has to see the movie Elf to understand the context.

I personally have never heard the phrase used as a racial slur against Sikhis or African Americans, and am confident that anyone takes such a movie reference to make is a slur is doing nothing more than furthering a their own racial agenda.

That said, this is a joke thread, my friend! Lighten up!!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I guess one has to see the movie Elf to understand the context.

I personally have never heard the phrase used as a racial slur against Sikhis or African Americans, and am confident that anyone takes such a movie reference to make is a slur is doing nothing more than furthering a their own racial agenda.

That said, this is a joke thread, my friend! Lighten up!!

I've never seen the movie, nor do I intend to. As I said before, there are some racial phrases, I had never heard of before either. I've confronted people with racial humour before in real life, and have been told to 'lighten up'. First nations 'humour' and East Indian 'humour' have never set well with me. I'm suggesting you consider that this phrase may well be a racial one, and stop using it. If it is, most likely the producers got a few complaints. After all, Hollywood was well known in the old days to be quite racist. Of course I can start a serious thread on racial joke phrases.