• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if God...

Frank Goad

gave you the power of telekinesis?I would go around healing people.And tell my family about it.What would you do?

Jumi

If I had telekinesis I'd probably fly around a bit if no one was watching...

Frank Goad

My brother said he would use it to rip girls clothes off.That doesn't appeal to me.I would want to heal people.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
gave you the power of telekinesis?I would go around healing people.And tell my family about it.What would you do?

First Frank you said telekinesis.That's just the ability to move objects and such with your mind. In fiction(There could be such things as psychic ability in the real world but I don't know what abilities are possible in this plane and in regards to the supernatural ect so I'm just using fiction as an example since I know how psychic abilities work there..) there are quite a few ways to heal people by psychic ability but that's not one of them. Usually. I mean I guess it could be under some circumstances such as moving white blood cells or something. But then you would also have to be able to see them..Thinking more on this..How would you heal people using telekinesis?
If i get any psychic abilities i would not use them, because we are not supposed to show it to others
I agree with Amanaki on this it's probably wise not to use them. Don't know their reasons aside from not supposed to show them to others (I would like for you to elaborate on that a bit if that's ok with you, Amanaki.) but my reasons are simple. People will probably want to find out whats going on and I would not want to risk someone trying to harm me. If I did use them it would be because I had no other choice. Like say to save someones life or something. Or because of an inability to control it . Or since God is giving me the ability in this scenario I would do what He asked me to nothing more.Also as a writer and someone who thinks too much...No gift comes without a cost. Don't know what cost it would be for God to give me that power. Probably doesn't mean anything good. Must be something important. Why would He give someone that ability otherwise? I really do not like the idea of God using me for something dangerous.I mean I kinda do because then I would be serving Him but I really value my life. I mean if He wanted me to do something I would no question, even if its dangerous but this is not a situation I would want to be in.

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
First Frank you said telekinesis.That's just the ability to move objects and such with your mind. In fiction(There could be such things as psychic ability in the real world but I don't know what abilities are possible in this plane and in regards to the supernatural ect so I'm just using fiction as an example since I know how psychic abilities work there..) there are quite a few ways to heal people by psychic ability but that's not one of them. Usually. I mean I guess it could be under some circumstances such as moving white blood cells or something. But then you would also have to be able to see them..Thinking more on this..How would you heal people using telekinesis?

I agree with Amanaki on this it's probably wise not to use them. Don't know their reasons aside from not supposed to show them to others (I would like for you to elaborate on that a bit if that's ok with you, Amanaki.) but my reasons are simple. People will probably want to find out whats going on and I would not want to risk someone trying to harm me. If I did use them it would be because I had no other choice. Like say to save someones life or something. Or because of an inability to control it . Or since God is giving me the ability in this scenario I would do what He asked me to nothing more.Also as a writer and someone who thinks too much...No gift comes without a cost. Don't know what cost it would be for God to give me that power. Probably doesn't mean anything good. Must be something important. Why would He give someone that ability otherwise? I really do not like the idea of God using me for something dangerous.I mean I kinda do because then I would be serving Him but I really value my life. I mean if He wanted me to do something I would no question, even if its dangerous but this is not a situation I would want to be in.

The reason we should not use abilities to "show off" is because it can lead to egoism and to selfishness instead of compassion for others. In my understanding one get abilities when the cultivation of spirituality arise to a higher wisdom level (meaning understanding of how the universe works) Because when you understand how the universe is working, you could also use the abilities to do changes that "should not be done" so to have psychic powers also come with a very high responsability to not mess up.And if you use do use it to show if, you can also lose the ability again.

VoidCat

The reason we should not use abilities to "show off" is because it can lead to egoism and to selfishness instead of compassion for others. In my understanding one get abilities when the cultivation of spirituality arise to a higher wisdom level (meaning understanding of how the universe works) Because when you understand how the universe is working, you could also use the abilities to do changes that "should not be done" so to have psychic powers also come with a very high responsability to not mess up.And if you use do use it to show if, you can also lose the ability again.
Thank you.

VoidCat

I can not say why Jesus walked on water, I dont know his thoughts
Who does? Even if you don't believe Him to be God (and who can fathom what goes on in another humans mind let along God's mind?)He still was very odd.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Was he odd? I think Jesus, Buddha or other masters like them would look strange or odd to those who did not undersand what they knew and saw in humans. or what they was able to do in their times.
So i dont find them odd :)

VoidCat

Was he odd? I think Jesus, Buddha or other masters like them would look strange or odd to those who did not undersand what they knew and saw in humans. or what they was able to do in their times.
So i dont find them odd :)
Perhaps. Still that poor fig tree...

Thief

Rogue Theologian
let's step this up.....

considering the moments when the Carpenter healed......

different effects and applications

some one touched His garment and He spoke as if He felt something.....leave Him
she did not ask Him
He did not see her

another occasion......someone came asking for the life of her daughter
first came His denial...then her rebuttal
and the girl was healed at a distance....no touch....not even close enough

another occasion....He spit upon a hand full of dirt
and rubbed the mix forcefully into the eyes of a blind man
and then sent him seeking (while still blind) to a particular pool of water to rinse
seems a but rough....and mischievous

VoidCat

let's step this up.....

considering the moments when the Carpenter healed......

different effects and applications

some one touched His garment and He spoke as if He felt something.....leave Him
she did not ask Him
He did not see her

another occasion......someone came asking for the life of her daughter
first came His denial...then her rebuttal
and the girl was healed at a distance....no touch....not even close enough

another occasion....He spit upon a hand full of dirt
and rubbed the mix forcefully into the eyes of a blind man
and then sent him seeking (while still blind) to a particular pool of water to rinse
seems a but rough....and mischievous
Yeah that is kind of weird. But as I've said He was a weird dude overall. It's also worth noting that Jesus had an odd sense of humor even through that's not really related to His miracles it's just worth noting if we are to talk about Him being odd.