• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if God were one of us?

Muffled

Jesus in me
If it's you calling it so, then yes. God on the other hand...

So basically what you are saying is that I am completely dense and have no sense of reality. However this is nothing but a bias on your part. You have no way of determining my intelligence level or whether or not I have a good hold on reality.

Do you have a way of recognizing God? How will you judge? What criteria will you use?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
So basically what you are saying is that I am completely dense and have no sense of reality. However this is nothing but a bias on your part. You have no way of determining my intelligence level or whether or not I have a good hold on reality.

Do you have a way of recognizing God? How will you judge? What criteria will you use?
I believe that if God has something to say, he is more than capable of saying it himself, don't you?

Muffled

Jesus in me
There is god and there is God. There is the son and there is the Father. The son of man will come at a time you least expect. Could be he is here and he does not know you.

God is full of surprises. However Jesus left definitive signs.

God is always here but not physically and He knows me better than I know myself.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I believe that if God has something to say, he is more than capable of saying it himself, don't you?

If there is a god, it would be a being of infinite love and infinite logic. Therefore anything devoid of reason or compassion is not of god, meaning that all of the world's religions and holy texts belong in the rubbish bin.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yes. God is equally capable of speaking directly to a person or through me or someone else and even through a donkey if necessary.
Why? Wouldn't you be more convinced of something if the Almighty spoke directly to you, as opposed to another person or a donkey?

Has God gotten lazy?

Muffled

Jesus in me
If there is a god, it would be a being of infinite love and infinite logic. Therefore anything devoid of reason or compassion is not of god, meaning that all of the world's religions and holy texts belong in the rubbish bin.

I most likely would not agree with your concept of love or logic.

So my deduction is that most of the worlds relgions reflect or give god's understanding of things.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why? Wouldn't you be more convinced of something if the Almighty spoke directly to you, as opposed to another person or a donkey?

Has God gotten lazy?

Some people don't listen very well or have no faith that God will answer. For them another person is needed.

However in my instance having another person confirm what I am hearing builds my confidence in what I heard.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I most likely would not agree with your concept of love or logic.

So my deduction is that most of the worlds relgions reflect or give god's understanding of things.
I take the view that they are man's attempt at reaching God with the tools they have available, and building on them in terms of language, history, tradition, folklore, etc.

In what way do you believe they reflect or give God's understanding of things? :)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Some people don't listen very well or have no faith that God will answer. For them another person is needed.

However in my instance having another person confirm what I am hearing builds my confidence in what I heard.
...We are talking about the same God here, right? Turns people into salt, drowned an entire army, blinded a guy simply by seeing him...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
God is one of us...

"For whatever you did for the least of these, my brothers, you did also to me..."

Muffled

Jesus in me
I take the view that they are man's attempt at reaching God with the tools they have available, and building on them in terms of language, history, tradition, folklore, etc.

In what way do you believe they reflect or give God's understanding of things? :)

This is only true of animism. God based relgions receive their information from God not from the people following them.

In every way that God is reported to be involved.

Muffled

Jesus in me
...We are talking about the same God here, right? Turns people into salt, drowned an entire army, blinded a guy simply by seeing him...

Yes. So what's your point? Are you saying that you wish to be the person turned into salt, drowned or blinded?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Yes. So what's your point? Are you saying that you wish to be the person turned into salt, drowned or blinded?
I'm saying God is more than capable of "speaking" directly, and has no reason not to do so, unless you believe he can't control his anger long enough to get a few words out.