• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if any ancient practices do you follow?

angrymoose

angrymoose
Associated with Taoism one can find traditions for everything:

Caligraphy, Chinese Medicine, Mediation, Chi Gong, Chinese art, Tai Chi, Tea making, face reading, palm reading, using the I-Ching, ...

Do you practice any of these?

Do tell?

For the record, I don't. I may be influenced by the works of sword masters past and of great sages but I'm proudly a very western Taoist. That's not to say that I think these traditions aren't great but they aren't currently my path.

Perhaps one day, I'll learn Tai Chi. I tried Akido once and loved it but i nearly injured myself. I don't practice formal meditation yet either, I do practice self taught contemplation and walking.

I do seek wu-wei but not in the wu-wei of skills past but rather wu-wei in skills in use today. I'd not claimed to be a master by any means but I'd love to hear your experiences.

Chuang Tzu

Taoist Marxist
Hello,

I study the Tao Te Ching, read books on Taoism, read quotes from the masters, practice Qigong daily, and mindfulness throughout the day.