• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if "Angels" and "Gods" are aliens/extraterrestrials/extra-dimensionals?

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
I like the concept to a certain extent. In my personal view, I think those ancient figures of religion were beings from other locations in the universe, perhaps from a separate dimension of reality as ours, possessing hyper advanced technology as well as being highly developed spiritual beings, with the ability to transform themselves into physical beings at will.

And I do believe that there are millions of species of advanced aliens all over the universe, and that these "angels" have visited them as well as us.

And I think the angel wings are plausible as well.

What are your thoughts on the idea?
I find the Discovery and History features regarding Ancient Astronauts, and Aliens, to be fascinating.

And I do think that if an extra-terrestrial intelligence did arrive in our primitive history the people then, who would be completely unaware of flying machines, would have recorded their experience using subjective imagery that denoted the closest thing they knew to what they were witness to.
Flying men then would be depicted with wings. Flying craft would be depicted as winged chariots, because chariots were the mode of transportation of that time.

I like the ancient Sumerian accounts that are said to be translated from the Cuneiform tablets that describe, in the Enuma Elish, that creation epic that preceded the epic of Gilgamesh and yet both accounts contributed to what is today's Genesis fable.
That there are depictions on ancient Sumerian (today's Iraq) tablets showing our solar system with all it's planetary bodies including Pluto, which our astronomers didn't discover until the early 19th century, is intriguing. As is the map of, I believe it's Antarctica, as it appeared prior to the ice cap taking hold. And today's ground penetrating radar is said to have mapped that region and it coincides with the ancient map exactly.

I do believe an ancient race that would have awed and inspired a primitive one, would have been considered like unto creator of all that was new and different. As God's and Goddesses.
There are translations according to one author,Zacharia Sitchin, who is said to be the foremost authority on translation of cuneiform tablets, wherein the human race is said to have been created through genetic science orchestrated by a race of extra-terrestrial beings that even the Bible refers to as the "Annunaki".
Sitchin is under a lot of fire for what he's written in his many books on the subject, however I think one has to judge for themselves. And especially when thinking outside the mainstream, giving credit to a superior other worldly intelligence, isn't always going to be respected in those circles that imagine everything that exists is a direct result of the sole evolution of the human consciousness.

Then there are artifacts that simply aren't easily explained away as all that. Because time-lines aren't in keeping with a plausible excuse.

Like the flying machines depicted within the Temple of Abydos. Or the sarcophagus of the ancient Mayan ruler who appears to be sitting at the controls of some sort of machine, K'inich Janaab' Pakal.

(Pakal gets a new lid)

It's all very interesting. :) Great post.

KittensAngel

Boldly Proudly Not PC
What if aliens and Gods are human time travellers from the distant future?:run:
12.gif
Well, that would certainly go a long way to help explain their fondness for maintaining lights on UFO's.
smiley_emoticons_bibi_aussi4.gif
:p

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
All gods, angels, daemons, have been created by human beings. However, from a Magical point of view this does not mean that they are "inauthentic". Gods exist as they are evoked to meaningful existence by the individual psyche. So, one could say they do exist within an intra-dimensional plane.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

horizon_mj1

What is the difference between Gods/Angels and Aliens/Extra-terrestrials?
Well using the combination of philosophies and religions, Gods created the Angels/Extra-terrestrials/and or Aliens. Angels are in charge of the Aliens and Extra-terrestrials are in charge of the Aliens.:D:eek:

The Wizard

I like the concept to a certain extent. In my personal view, I think those ancient figures of religion were beings from other locations in the universe, perhaps from a separate dimension of reality as ours, possessing hyper advanced technology as well as being highly developed spiritual beings, with the ability to transform themselves into physical beings at will.

And I do believe that there are millions of species of advanced aliens all over the universe, and that these "angels" have visited them as well as us.

My thought is not to be against other approaches out there, for I am somewhat openminded about many things. If aliens exist and they visited Earth then it would be obvious they would be worshipped as gods, angels, etc. It is perfectly plausible to me that our evolution could involve us, ourselves, growing wings and looking angelic sooner or later, etc. If it happened today people would be worshipping them as a higher god, authority and master.

But, there is another side I also notice. It is that of taking inner guidence and self-authority of belief out of people and making it an external authority for controlling people- with no "inner world" all there would be is the external one- people on reaction to surroundings mode sort of speak, which is then more controllable and programmable by the sickest of the human race. So, on that note.. I myself leave aliens completely out from my spiritual beliefs and inner world... IMO.

horizon_mj1

My thought is not to be against other approaches out there, for I am somewhat openminded about many things. If aliens exist and they visited Earth then it would be obvious they would be worshipped as gods, angels, etc. It is perfectly plausible to me that our evolution could involve us, ourselves, growing wings and looking angelic sooner or later, etc. If it happened today people would be worshipping them as a higher god, authority and master.

But, there is another side I also notice. It is that of taking inner guidence and self-authority of belief out of people and making it an external authority for controlling people- with no "inner world" all there would be is the external one- people on reaction to surroundings mode sort of speak, which is then more controllable and programmable by the sickest of the human race. So, on that note.. I myself leave aliens completely out from my spiritual beliefs and inner world... IMO.
To what form does life have in your spiritual beliefs? Is all life in every form known to mankind a part of your constructed spiritual beliefs and of your inner world? Is it that maybe you put humanity at the top of the spiritual chain that disallows you to even merit plausibility to extraterrestrial life? We are at mercy to the very elements in which we depend to live, this can not be denied (weather; sun, earthquakes, tornadoes; cosmological threats; solar storms, asteroids, space debris, etc.). Who are we as a species to deny that these other things we know of as elements are not "thinking" beings as well? Is this to "scary" of a thought, or can it be a "possibility".;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
All gods, angels, daemons, have been created by human beings. However, from a Magical point of view this does not mean that they are "inauthentic". Gods exist as they are evoked to meaningful existence by the individual psyche. So, one could say they do exist within an intra-dimensional plane.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Ah, yes good point brother.

Now that you bring this up, it made me remember of some research I did a while back on the origins of the word "God", or deity.

"God" was originally translated from the Sanskrit word, "Hu", which is to call upon, to invoke, to implore. The word "God" also references may descriptions of "light" or "upbringing", also "correct" and even "goodbye". Also, from the Aryan word "gheu" and "glhutó-m", comes two rough translations that evolve into "to invoke", and "to pour, to offer". The second word, was eventually translated into "what is invoked".

So, with this in mind I am sure many people would be able to connect the dots ;)

Best regards and Xeper,

Orias

Last edited:

The Wizard

To what form does life have in your spiritual beliefs?

Life? Hmmm.. as in concious being or mind or...? At the moment, but I guess I'm missing the question here and don't understand the relevance, I would have to say another vibration. I'm sure I make a quite interesting plant or rock at some point.

Is all life in every form known to mankind a part of your constructed spiritual beliefs and of your inner world?

Yes,... but not a higher authority- the inner authority. Not a god spirit figure. Just a relationship. Visiting Orions Belt with the Greys and munching on Rieses Pieces would not affect my inner or spirirual world AKA ultamite relationship with ALL.

Is it that maybe you put humanity at the top of the spiritual chain that disallows you to even merit plausibility to extraterrestrial life?

Nothing is dissallowing me to merit any plausibility of ET life. Not sure where you would interpret that from my posts. But, yes, humanity is at the top of my "chain." That is the familia I am connected with... that is my kind. Until I go on a space voyage with aliens I won't consider much else, period.

We are at mercy to the very elements in which we depend to live, this can not be denied (weather; sun, earthquakes, tornadoes; cosmological threats; solar storms, asteroids, space debris, etc.).

Such elements are here for us to use and respect ... not sure where "mercy" plays any factor... but, yes, I agree of the dependancy involved.

Who are we as a species to deny that these other things we know of as elements are not "thinking" beings as well? Is this to "scary" of a thought, or can it be a "possibility".;)

Not sure... how does a plant or rock think? Or does it just react? Sorry, I don't understand the relevance of what you're saying contrary to my last post or the thread subject. You would have to explain further. IMO.

Last edited:

horizon_mj1

The Wizard, actually I now fully understand more of where you are coming from. As you relate to humans as being "a plant or rock", is it plausible (in your personal opinion) keeping that in mind, that the elements in which we depend to live could be a "higher intelligence" than people. I can definitely understand your opinion on alien life forms (sound mind with sound facts); the only reason I give some credence to this possibility is the mathematical improbability of other intelligent life forms not existing within the know universe. Statistics show that life can form on a planet out of so many million times; there are beyond billions of planets within the known universe; this just reminds me there are possibilities that may seem improbable, but end up being fact. A very good example of this is an arsenic based life form was discovered; scientist thought that maybe there "could" be a silicon based life form (some still do) outside of the carbon life form world, and were quite surprised of their find.

The Wizard

The Wizard, actually I now fully understand more of where you are coming from. As you relate to humans as being "a plant or rock", is it plausible (in your personal opinion) keeping that in mind, that the elements in which we depend to live could be a "higher intelligence" than people. .

Anything of higher vibration would operate much omni-presently and faster and therefore rendering the mear human living as similiar to a plant or rock- barely even awake or moving and completely lost. But, that is another dimension and just a viewpoint of mine and no more. Therefore, a material being alien would not go into my category of "the spirit or higher father/mother mind context" or that of more closer to the divine on that level. They could be more benevolent and evolved etc, but would not be a part of my inner spiritual world in as much as an evolved monkey from mars with some neat toys. I could not consider much else unless I actually had contact and communication. I am sure many things could change of course.

These are strange questions that I have never even pondered for myself. So, this is actually a different part or subject. On this question, I cannot say humans are "the higher intelligence." Everything seems to carry its own harmony, balance and function whether a rock, plant, mineral, microbe or elephant.

Humans hardly have this... whatever it was has been destroyed or lost or guarded. A cat has 10X more natural grace, harmony, balance, self-purpose, relaxed, stress-free life than us... yet we are suppose to be smarter and can't even manage that, lol, which is quite ironic is it not? A meer pet is making us look like fools in that area. Plants can sense intention. Many people can't even communicate with their own mouths or ears with each other to accomplish anything, lol. So, on it goes...

I can't seem to use the word "higher intelligence", but just perhaps a different intelligence- a different role in the grand scheme of things. Nope, I just don't have the ego or inflated self importance to even consider it. In all actuality I can't even answere this question on the premise of higher intelligence.

I can definitely understand your opinion on alien life forms (sound mind with sound facts); the only reason I give some credence to this possibility is the mathematical improbability of other intelligent life forms not existing within the know universe. Statistics show that life can form on a planet out of so many million times; there are beyond billions of planets within the known universe; this just reminds me there are possibilities that may seem improbable, but end up being fact. A very good example of this is an arsenic based life form was discovered; scientist thought that maybe there "could" be a silicon based life form (some still do) outside of the carbon life form world, and were quite surprised of their find.

No, no.. my whole point was intermingling spirit beliefs with ET. There are many dynamics about that and I was just mentioning a possible negative aspect involving the concept of self- authority and internal guidence. I don't doubt in life else where... one day we dont have water and one day we do... one day there is no life and one day there is something found.. on it goes in that direction until we are ready for the grand discovery of possible cosmic cousins... it is just all the rest I am in complet mystery over and uncertain.

Put it this way... would you visit a planet where the tribe rendered you as a god and master and would sacrifice theirselves like heathens for your glorious attention and blessing or the planets where the concsious beings are secure in their inner spiritual world, beliefs, slef-guidence, etc and can look at you on same level as a brother or cosmic cousin. Now, aliens would know this when or if they came here... they would be the gods... so, think about if that be so of their possible intentions.

Galactic Federation Law 1: would most likely be not to even interferre with less advanced civilizations and let them grow up and evolve until a certain point. But, who knows for certain, eh?.. IMO.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Now that you bring this up, it made me remember of some research I did a while back on the origins of the word "God", or deity.

"God" was originally translated from the Sanskrit word, "Hu", which is to call upon, to invoke, to implore. The word "God" also references may descriptions of "light" or "upbringing", also "correct" and even "goodbye". Also, from the Aryan word "gheu" and "glhutó-m", comes two rough translations that evolve into "to invoke", and "to pour, to offer". The second word, was eventually translated into "what is invoked".

Excellent Orias, very good research on your part. :D You've given me an education on the origins of the word "God" that I can draw upon in my own studies, thanks.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

abinormal

I'm open to it since I fell away from the christian faith about a year ago. I feel good about not being so narrow-minded and thinking (geesh) I was one of the chosen few, what crap that was:( Well, at least I now believe I have woken up to a point of actually finding the truth, or at least getting much closer.

I just watched a few episodes of "Ancient Aliens" I think that is the name of the show. I loved it and it's ideas on what "could be".

I star-gaze, always have, and I have never seen anything I can't explain, darn it, but I think I'll keep looking;)

Blackmarch

W'rkncacntr

There's nothing to say they are not, strictly speaking. The difference between magic and science is understanding. However I'd wager that it's nothing like Stargate...

Salek Atesh

Interesting. They'd be very unlike humans considering humans would make their presence super-known and probably directly meddle in the affairs of any new planet or species we found.

And I do believe that there are millions of species of advanced aliens all over the universe, and that these "angels" have visited them as well as us.?

So one powerful race of angelic beings subtly influencing all other planets. Very interesting.

Ehhhh... no. The aerodynamics are all wrong for human-shaped winged beings. They'd be a lot slimmer, lighter, and pointier than humans. When you finished modifying the typical notion of a human-with-wings angel, they'd look very un-human.

Angels can't fly, scientist says - Telegraph

Plus the idea of angels looking like humans with wings is relatively new. The oldest, biblical descriptions are much more... alien than that. Beings of fire with three sets of wings (seraphim). Flaming wheels covered in eyeballs (ophanim). Beings with four faces, that of ox, human, lion, and eagle (cherubim).

Between the only recent emergence of angels being "humans with wings", as well as this form being completely incapable of flight, I'd say your idea of angels wouldn't look anything like that.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There's nothing to say they are not, strictly speaking. The difference between magic and science is understanding. However I'd wager that it's nothing like Stargate...
The difference between true magic and contemporary science is that the first is understood to be due to supernatural powers beyond the physical,while latter believes everything can be explained by the laws of the physical universe and denies the existence of the supernatural.

Last edited:

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I like the idea of technologically advanced ancient civilizations. It's an awesome realm that I am suprised isn't more popular - regarding non-fiction ancient civilizations like the Egyptians and Sumerians, Greeks who had the Half man half beast beings in myth. It would make an awesome movie to see a God as a scientist who made these mythological creations with alchemy and technology, which later went regarded as abominations as perhaps another "God" like Zeus or someone. Then there was war and cataclysm completely annihilating civilization.

It would be an awesome epic.

DDzU1Ik.jpg

***staff edit to remove image***

It could work in film. Like there was the barbarian age through the ages and behind the curtain there was advanced technology - maybe from a previous advanced civilization that died off and the Gods had that technology and were having to rediscover all that lost knowledge through the ages.

It would be an incredible story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theweirdtophat

I always thought gods and goddesses were aliens. They talk about creating the planet Earth. An alien is someone outside of our own planet and they would be by definition be aliens. They always talk of the deities coming down from heaven as well which makes me think of alien ships and "celestial chariots" could be in fact ships. People thousands of years ago wouldn't be able to comprehend our technology. Imagine how they'd react to aliens who are far more advanced. But I think they had more than just technology and also had magic as well.

I sort of imagine them as like Jedi Knights from Star Wars. Able to fly through space and using gadgets but also have access to magical forces like "The Force".