• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if "Angels" and "Gods" are aliens/extraterrestrials/extra-dimensionals?

Selsiuss

I like the concept to a certain extent. In my personal view, I think those ancient figures of religion were beings from other locations in the universe, perhaps from a separate dimension of reality as ours, possessing hyper advanced technology as well as being highly developed spiritual beings, with the ability to transform themselves into physical beings at will.

And I do believe that there are millions of species of advanced aliens all over the universe, and that these "angels" have visited them as well as us.

And I think the angel wings are plausible as well.

What are your thoughts on the idea?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Did you ever read Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke? If not, I think you would love it.

regulo

Learner
I like the concept to a certain extent. In my personal view, I think those ancient figures of religion were beings from other locations in the universe, perhaps from a separate dimension of reality as ours, possessing hyper advanced technology as well as being highly developed spiritual beings, with the ability to transform themselves into physical beings at will.

And I do believe that there are millions of species of advanced aliens all over the universe, and that these "angels" have visited them as well as us.

And I think the angel wings are plausible as well.

What are your thoughts on the idea?

Wouldnt change diddly. It still wouldnt get us nearer the truth except to maybe give us somewhere to start asking the right questions because if angels kn ow more than us then maybe they'll tell us what they know and then we'll be angels.

Mr Cheese

Good reccomendation, love Childhood's end...

What if angels were aliens....

well in some senses they are...

angel wings are largely romantic... remeber there are many "types" of angels
thus depictions of them differ largely through culture... for example Islamic angels are typically veiled in art.

Rev. White

Reverend Jedi Master
Even in the traditional sense, God and angels are beings from somewhere other than our planet or dimension, and are therefore "aliens" or "E.T"s.

:yes:

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
Did angels evolve from a common ancestor, do they have sex, or do they rely on meiosis instead of mitosis, are they haploid or diploid in nature?
Where can I get a urine sample from one?

Cheers

crazyKiwi

I don't know but I do find it hard to believe that God made all these universes, galaxies etc just for humans.. We are bit little bits of dust on a small rock hurtling through space.

Baydwin

I've always liked the alien astronauts theory, although only on a purely conceptual level, I think it makes for good stories. In real life I think it's possible, but highly implausible.

harmony999

yes you are pretty much right about this, the only thing is that angels dont have wings, and are not this half nude caucasian babies and god is not this caucasian male just in the sky, that was all implanted in people from the artist michael angelo in the sixteen chapel of the vatican church to make everybody think that god is caucasian and in there image. when really females are gods and they are negroids.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What if "Angels" and "Gods" are aliens/extraterrestrials/extra-dimensionals?

Hi Selsiuss, yes there is a lot of evidence to suggest this is so in the Bible and in other ancient manuscripts concerning the Sumerians, Akkadians, etc.. The Sons of God of Genesis are Elohim who left their high post and descended to Earth, and their progeny as a result of their mating with women were the Nephilim. What followed was widespread human decadence which resulted in the flood to decimate the Earths population.

Now the material covered in this interview with Jay Weidner is an interesting read as it does IMHO touch on some valid points though in total it is a mixed bag. Certainly though, the overall theme of Earth history and its cycles is to some extent, but is a reasonable start for someone to do more esoteric learning and research. Now IMO, there is a problem in that a lot of this stuff and the entities themselves are not 100% confined to the physical reality that most humans presume, due to their limited sensory perception to determine what is reality, is the end of the story. So materialists need not bother reading this for it will seem silly, but for those who are able to also resonate to some extent with cosmic vibrations beneath, between, and beyond the frequencies associated with tactile touch, taste, smell, sound, and light, then you may find it interesting, and to some extent plausible.

It is in 3 parts, here is the link to part 1

Disclosure: Aryans, Mars
and the End of Days

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
It is possible and even very plausible. If They created Earth then it stands that They came from elsewhere. If They created us then They are still Gods/Goddesses and deserve to be respected as such.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
This is interesting cause I saw a thing on the History channel about this last night.... :areyoucra

Dam aliens.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Indeed! what does God need with a starship?

Years ago I was watching a documentary about intergalactic travel, and the various types of ship that might be constructed for that distance.

Toward the end of the program, it was pointed out that a physical body of any kind won't do well at the speed of light.
Light waves seem able to do so, easily enough...but we can't.

To go from point a to b, and retain our form, would require a ship of enormous proportion, and a propulsion device even larger.
We might as well dream of taking the entire Earth with us.

Otherwise...spiritual form seems the way to go.
If we were made of light, and able to direct ourselves....well here we go!

General Usage

I do believe that what religions believe to be gods are in fact an alien race. Most Religion’s all have one thing in common and that is their god came from above. Thousands of years ago the human race had very little understanding of anything beyond our own existence and maybe these aliens had to be very careful on what knowledge they could give, maybe being told there are billions of other planets above our heads would have been to damaging or difficult to explain.

I am a firm believer that our own existence is thankful to the mixing of alien DNA with our closest relative ‘the ape’. For example our features from the ape are our eyes, ears, nose and body hair and our ‘grey’ (i use the term loosely) features are larger brains and thus higher intelligence and our drawn back jar bone plus lack of body hair... there are many other features but you get where i am going with this.

So yes, i believe that what most religions call their God/Gods are in fact a visit from the Skies

horizon_mj1

Wouldnt change diddly. It still wouldnt get us nearer the truth except to maybe give us somewhere to start asking the right questions because if angels kn ow more than us then maybe they'll tell us what they know and then we'll be angels.
No offense, but that is a sad way to see it. Did you ever think that angels do use types of communications with people and they just don't listen?