• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What i will be eating from now on :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
For protein and healthy oils I like Salmon and Sardines.
Would you say you are more vegetarian then Vegan?
There are many plants and fruits that contain enough protein, so it should not be a problem.

For those meat eaters who say one must get protein from animal meat, Where did the protein come from in the animal? it comes from them eating grass and vegetable, braches and so on ;)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Since my visit to the doctor last week i been doing some research and tried combination of foods.
So here is a list of what my diet will be from now on.
Carrots
Radish
Spring onions
Red onions
Sun-dried tomato
Tomatoes
Paprika
Broccoli
Cucumber
Avocado
Apple
Orange
Banana
grapes
Blueberry
Raspberry
Strawberry
Kiwi
Peas and beans
Corn
Mushroom
Rice
Different salads

The list will probably get longer too :)

This is scary ... no legumes, no nuts, no cooked beans, just 'rice' when there are a hundred varieties. No grains like quinoa, oats, amaranth, flax, millet?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
This is scary ... no legumes, no nuts, no cooked beans, just 'rice' when there are a hundred varieties. No grains like quinoa, oats, amaranth, flax, millet?
As i said in an earlier answer :) I will add more to the list, that is only a basic list, but yes i see it does miss some very important things

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Is that mortadella? Damn, you just added something else to my *food i miss* list. Not had a mortadella sandwich for almost 4 years.

On the plus side, last nights dinner was pasta penne with home made pesto sauce (much better than shop bought), chunks of mozzarella thrown in and shaved parmigianino on top, then grilled until the cheese browned.

Sounds like the Italian cardiac special. More in tense than bologna or salami.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Would you say you are more vegetarian then Vegan?
There are many plants and fruits that contain enough protein, so it should not be a problem.

For those meat eaters who say one must get protein from animal meat, Where did the protein come from in the animal? it comes from them eating grass and vegetable, braches and so on ;)

Not vegetarian, my diet is not red meat and lower consumption of meat in general. Higher in vegetables, coarse grains, nuts, non-meat protein source like soybean products. I garden year round and grow a large amount of my vegetables.

I consider the omnivore diet the natural human diet, actually lower in meat in human Neolithic diet. Naturally humans did not evolve with diary, and the result is difficulty of digestion in many people, and bone issues. Dairy contributes to teeth problems and obesity. We evolved without sugar and refined white grain products, and this contributes to high rates of obesity and diabetes. Different species evolved differently, and I believe we evolved omnivore. A strict vegetarian or vegan has nutrition problems such as B12 difficiency

Last edited:
Not vegetarian, my diet is not red meat and lower consumption of meat in general. Higher in vegetables, coarse grains, nuts, non-meat protein source like soybean products. I garden year round and grow a large amount of my vegetables.

I consider the omnivore diet the natural human diet, actually lower in meat in human Neolithic diet. Naturally humans did not evolve with diary, and the result is difficulty of digestion in many people, and bone issues. Dairy contributes to teeth problems and obesity. We evolved without sugar and refined white grain products, and this contributes to high rates of obesity and diabetes. Different species evolved differently, and I believe we evolved omnivore. A strict vegetarian or vegan has nutrition problems such as B12 difficiency

Why does dairy cause teeth problems?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Yes I will be needing a B-12 supplement that is true

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Because of the nutrient can be lost by cooking the vegetables :)

Thats not strictly right, although some nutrients are lost in cooking, most veg keeps the vast majority of vitamins and minerals. The amount depends on cooking method, i steam or roast. Just never overcook them

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sounds like the Italian cardiac special. More in tense than bologna or salami.

The name intrigues me 'mort' or derivatives if mort is dead in several languages

But i do like a slice between a couple of rounds of fresh crusty bread.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Since my visit to the doctor last week i been doing some research and tried combination of foods.
So here is a list of what my diet will be from now on.
Nice list. No wheat or corn or any other cereal? There are so many, with gluten as well as gluten free. No potatoes? Why did you need to go to a dietician?