• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What I learned from reading 50 books in a year

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hello everybody and best wishes!

It wasn't me who read the 50 books - that is the title of the webpage.

Here's a taste -

Make time. We all have 24 hours a day. If you deduct 7 hours of sleep, 9 hours of working time, 2 hours for logistics, we still have 6 hours to spare. It’s all about allocating and protecting the time. Instead of using willpower to decide to read, turn reading into a habit instead. Block time on your daily schedule and dedicate it to read no matter what. I rigorously followed my routine to read almost every morning and evening. Because it’s ingrained in my subconscious, there’s no need for me to decide, I simply followed the cues and as a result, read a lot I did.

Full article here -

What I learned from reading 50 books in a year

Cheers!

:)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Color me unimpressed. I frequently read as many as five books at one time. Scanning the books mentioned didn't leave me overwhelmed with the depth of reading involved.

Books at that level (which I think of as popular books) can be read easily in a week, if not in 2-3 days. A more substantial work, like a history of China, will take longer. But getting through 50 books in a year just doesn't seem remarkable to me.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Color me unimpressed. I frequently read as many as five books at one time. Scanning the books mentioned didn't leave me overwhelmed with the depth of reading involved.

Books at that level (which I think of as popular books) can be read easily in a week, if not in 2-3 days. A more substantial work, like a history of China, will take longer. But getting through 50 books in a year just doesn't seem remarkable to me.

Please don't mince words - tell us what you REALLY think! :)

Seriously though, I have found that if I am mindful it makes little difference what I happen to be reading - just about anything can be appreciated and interesting.

When I am un-mindful the experience is very different.

It's all in the eye (or mind) of the beholder. What fascinates one reader may bore the pants of a different reader.

Cheers!