• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Have You Gained (or Lost) at RF?

My experience at RF has...

• changed me from a theist to an atheist.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • changed me to an atheist to a theist.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • helped me to understand more about the theist worldview.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • helped me to understand more about the atheist worldview.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • had no effect on my views. I'm just here to prove atheists wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • had no effect on my views. I'm just here to prove theists wrong.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • provided me entertainment watching futile arguments about religion.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • increased my appreciation for turtles.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • made me hungry for bacon.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • None of the choices above reflect my views (elaborate below).

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I initially joined RF to learn more about others and what makes them tick regarding their religion and beliefs. I also historically like to say things that promote thought, not to change anyone's beliefs or lack thereof, but just to bring to light an alternate perspective that perhaps hadn't been considered.

I had fun here over the years learning about others and engaging others as such conversation.

While there are a few that appear to have similar purpose to being here, I find myself jaded by discourse from those with the "I'm right and you're wrong" mentality or approach. It may just be my own perception, so I'm creating this poll to sate my curiosity.

What have you gained or hope to gain from being a part of our community?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
giphy.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I initially joined RF to learn more about others and what makes them tick regarding their religion and beliefs. I also historically like to say things that promote thought, not to change anyone's beliefs or lack thereof, but just to bring to light an alternate perspective that perhaps hadn't been considered.

I had fun here over the years learning about others and engaging others as such conversation.

While there are a few that appear to have similar purpose to being here, I find myself jaded by discourse from those with the "I'm right and you're wrong" mentality or approach. It may just be my own perception, so I'm creating this poll to sate my curiosity.

What have you gained or hope to gain from being a part of our community?

No fair. The poll only allows one option. So i voted
helped me to understand more about the theist worldview.
I would also have included.
provided me entertainment watching futile arguments about religion
And one not include
Had fun.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
No fair. The poll only allows one option. So i voted
helped me to understand more about the theist worldview.
I would also have included.
provided me entertainment watching futile arguments about religion
And one not include
Had fun.

Thanks for this. I've edited the poll so one may select up to 3 options.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have noticed that on sites where the participants are mostly religious, stupidity and arrogance runs rampant. While on sites where the participants are mostly atheists, stupidity and arrogance also runs rampant. This site leans more toward the latter.

Having participated on both kinds of sites, I have learned a lot about how people think, or don't think, regarding the "God" issue. It's been interesting, though I can't say any of it has significantly changed my own ideas about it.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Is this a leaving speech?

You will never see one of those from me. I think it's a silly cry for attention to announce one is leaving a forum.

If you no longer see me here, at that point, it's safe to assume I've left.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Thanks for this. I've edited the poll so one may select up to 3 options.
I was able to find 3 options.

I appreciate Atheists more, now I learned about Atheism, hence I could also select "I appreciate turtles more", coincidentally I saw a nice movie with them recently

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I lost my wings of Chaos and was burnt to Ash.

What felt like aeons passed. The Ash came into contact with something which brought Order to it. The Ash was lifted from the desert sands and sculpted into what I am now.

I no longer miss those wings. I am freer without them.