• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What have you found so far?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Catch: you gotta make it as concrete as you can :p

I am interested in reading about your seeking, and more than anything, your findings. More than beliefs, I am interested in concrete findings, not because the more "ethereal" ones are any less important, by all means put them, but I am curious on the ways they may have manifested in your life.

:)
That it's all a game.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

I am interested in reading about your seeking, and more than anything, your findings. More than beliefs, I am interested in concrete findings, not because the more "ethereal" ones are any less important, by all means put them, but I am curious on the ways they may have manifested in your life.

Universe is like a biological system - it naturally reacts to things (possibly instinctively), and it rids viruses.

Fate determines all things through natural order.

InChrist

Free4ever
After searching in all the wrong places I found that Jesus is the source of truth, life, and freedom. Before that I found that seeking for answers in religious organizations brought bondage and seeking wisdom and power for myself through occult or mystical practices brought me mischief, fear, and trouble.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
1. Perception IS (subjective) reality and does not necessarily reflect reality as it is.
2. Nothing is quite what it seems
3. The only "for sure" absolute truth is that there are no other absolute truths.
4. Truth is relative to understanding, based on the information at hand.

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member

1: Debating with others about religion doesn't work if both sides have decided that their own views are right (Yet I continue to do it anyway; is that a flaw?)
2: Any religion can be made to look incredibly plausible
3: There is a difference between understanding and faith; understanding comes through study and contemplation, faith comes through practicing and living it
4: Without an anchor, one can wander from one religion to another, and perhaps never progress; one always needs to find an anchoring point, whether that be adherence to one specific idea/concept/belief, or a certain practice with which one is comfortable. If any path cannot accommodate our anchor, then that's a path we can eliminate.
5: If one spends all their time comparing religions, weighing their options, they'll never progress along a path; they'll forever be stuck at a fork in the road.
6: Many religions in their unadulterated forms share overarching ideas, and all attempt to form a bridge between man and God, natural and divine. They also seek to create bonds between people in order to help foster peace and goodwill between everyone, no matter their backgrounds or actions. They also promote better understanding and awareness, especially of ourselves. -Oftentimes the same sorts of practices and concepts overlap, especially meditation, repeating certain short prayers or mantras (generally utilizing prayer ropes/prayer beads to help), bowing/prostrating, bells, candles, transforming ourselves to be more God-like, ways to escape suffering, etc.
7: These same religions are often hijacked by people who use them to promote hatred and intolerance, suspicion of outsiders, punishment of dissenters, and the permanent shunning of deviants.
8: If we want to find empirical truth about religion that we can put under a microscope and analyze, we're not going to find it. We just have to stick to our guns and have faith in whatever religious/spiritual path we choose. If we intuitively know that our religious path is lacking somehow, then we can either go to another path, or seek ways to enrich the path we're currently on.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I either found everyingthing or.nothing im unsure which. I thinkn it matters little though. Is their a difference?
Is the interconnectedness of everything something concrete or a thing-in-itself?

chinu

chinu

Seekings ?
It all finished now.. there are no more. :)

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Seekings ?
It all finished now.. there are no more. :)

One should never be done seeking. One thing i know is that i dont know enough. I will always be looking always asking always seeking.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
One should never be done seeking. One thing i know is that i dont know enough. I will always be looking always asking always seeking.
But can asking questions get in the way of finding and recognizing the answers?