• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Have You Been Studying?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
What have you been studying recently?

What's the most striking thing you have found out?

EDIT: I take notes when reading up on something. I have done almost no reading up on anything new for the past six weeks, but -- going back further than six weeks -- the four most recent subjects I have read up on (according to my notebooks) are:

(1) The impact of French postmodernism on the West with especial reference to its consequences for pole dancing.

(2) The concept of arete in ancient Greek culture, including Kitto's analysis of arete's role in the aesthetic maturation of ancient Greek pole dancing.

(3) Newberg's five characteristics of enlightenment experiences as revealed via fMRI brain scans of erotic pole dancers.

(4) Kolmogorov's contributions to probability theory and especially the application of his contributions both to random walks and to random pole dance maneuvers.

As you can see, I am a scatter-brain with no known center of focus.

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
History, philosophy, and religion from an Iranian perspective. I'm currently contemplating the notion that Buddha was a Scythian. o_O

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've been studying myself.

I found out a lot of things.
There'll be a pop quiz tomorrow.

I've been studying some correspondence to fill in missing
info about the history of a particular NJ engine company.
It's been fruitful. But it's not as exciting as one might think.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Lately, I have been studying the material connected to Martin's axiom and how it relates to the Baire Category Theorem.

The most striking thing I have learned is how the topology of the remainder of the natural numbers in its Stone-Cech compactification affects the BCT for separable spaces.

Any other questions? :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Special Education assessments. I am learning I have a medical condition where my eyes glaze over when I am reading the math behind statistics.

sealchan

I've been reading about the Mahabharata.

I've discovered that there are multiple similarities between this great epic and those of Israel and Greece including...
  • Harivamsa's Krishna and the Greek Heracles
  • Draupati's Swayamvara and Odysseus' homecoming
  • The Game of Dice and Jacob's exile
...leading me to conclude the the worlds great epic myths were inspired within a worldwide tradition of story.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Lately, I have been studying the material connected to Martin's axiom and how it relates to the Baire Category Theorem.

The most striking thing I have learned is how the topology of the remainder of the natural numbers in its Stone-Cech compactification affects the BCT for separable spaces.

Any other questions? :)

Can I get fries with that...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
German, ePub format, and a bit of Javascript.

Sadly, very little application in pole dancing.

Vee

Premium Member

EDIT: I take notes when reading up on something. I have done almost no reading up on anything new for the past six weeks, but -- going back further than six weeks -- the four most recent subjects I have read up on (according to my notebooks) are:

(1) The impact of French postmodernism on the West with especial reference to its consequences for pole dancing.

(2) The concept of arete in ancient Greek culture, including Kitto's analysis of arete's role in the aesthetic maturation of ancient Greek pole dancing.

(3) Newberg's five characteristics of enlightenment experiences as revealed via fMRI brain scans of erotic pole dancers.

(4) Kolmogorov's contributions to probability theory and especially the application of his contributions both to random walks and to random pole dance maneuvers.

Nutrition.

I found out that we are controlled by our hormones all our lives, not only when we're teenagers. Bummer!