• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What has biblical scholarship achieved?

Just_me_Mike

This is not a negative comment at all, but when it comes to the bible, what has scholarship changed?

Take the King James Bible for example. Several hundred years later worth of scholarship, should the bible be rewritten perhaps based on current scholarly understandings?

I understand that interpretation certainly could change, but that is with or without scholarship. So, I guess what I really want to know, is what groundbreaking significance has scholarship attributed to the structure and creation of the bible, that warrants the bible changing in some significant way from what the King James offers.

Thank you...

A

angellous_evangellous

To much to list my friend.

I suggest that you read William Baird's "History of New Testament Interpretation" - it is easy to read.

Just_me_Mike

Specifically, what consensus is there among scholars that needs to be changed about the King James Bible in a significant way? Or is it all about interpretation?