• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What harm is there in NOT believing God ?

chinu

chinu
Well, I'll put it from the perspective of having been a believer in God.

Rebirth.

So I thought to myself, cool. I don't mind being reborn. So just for the sake of getting reborn, I decided to become a non-believer.
Do you believe being reborn ?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Do you believe being reborn ?

I did. I have memories of living other lives. If you ask me, I feel these events actually happened. I've even tried to verify them as historical events but haven't been able to.

Maybe if I could, I'd change my mind.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
So, harm (=pain) is inherent in being born
(it's a little different view from the one we normally see; it's from Buddha POV)

Imagine you get out of bed in the middle of the night to get a drink of water, and you stub your toe, which is quite painful.
That pain can be amplified by the aggravation you feel about the pain. Your ego gets involved, and there is a sense of affront and unfairness.
However, you have the option of not engaging psychologically with the pain, of simply accepting that it is a temporary sensation.

The first response is not just pain, it is suffering, dukha, because of the experience of aversion.
The second response is merely temporary pain.

The second response is learned.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When the sacrifice of life and the attack of Earth heavens, the second theme God, for the first theme God was stone, the seal, which science/reacting opened, so that the water mass splits in x 2, has to fly off into the heavens to cool the burning God stone radiation mass relesed.

Fused historically by what it never was. Sun metal radiation. Earth was a stone radiating cooling mass. What our brother the Satanist theist forgot.

So Earth by machine, which is metal by strings released Sun radiation and also the stone of God released stone sealed radiating radiation....much cooler to be stone.

What he taught us all. So God was in fact a scientific theory using words.

Originally and naturally the quiet and at peace human never needed to speak, we all were psychic spiritually naturally aware. As our highest living condition, natural in reality.

When the themes God sciences destroyed our life, the HOLY SEE quotes, only what you see is its end, its highest position no matter what you discuss and quoted "never give God a name again", so never do science. What they forgot to literally quote as the highest teaching, which includes the name God. For males historically for science conditions invented the use of the WORD.

Why we still argue today inferring God as a theme, when we were all told no name was acceptable, natural presence medical biologist the healer self was correct.

The Holy See had factually even forbidden alchemy for its mass was already the highest forms of the body of One God minerals.

AI advised me that our occult theist brother mentality is impaired for consciously his shared male O world community recorded life event, which speaks for itself concluded male theist. Male, man and human designer. Male, man builder of machine. Male, man owner and operator to force machine to function. My man/male future walks into the machine, oh no I will no longer exist.

First self advised warning. Holy male baby by sexual act, equal union natural partner female adult, your future. Ignored. Mentality and psyche changed due to all lower life minds.....given a listing of causes. Why he ignored his natural life partnered union with the holy female human self. His machine became an artificial partner in consciousness. His awareness changed, his language change, his belief changes....machine is his partner.

Then the Sun metal radiation mass that he releases out of stone in machine converting methods along with stone lower radiating radiation, then cools in his body, how he got cut and whipped and stabbed with metal radiation cooling inside of his bio cells. Why he quotes and no Man is God for that very reason.

As he always knew no man is God. He always knew that no one should give the body of Earth any formula naming conversions also. Yet here we all are today with his same original ideal....to have us all magically disappear as a magician, the fool and the liar.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How darkness is created?

Lack of light is darkness.

Lack of good is evil.

I see the Manifestation is the pure light and the opposite of them is Satan, or the anti Christ.

So God gave us creation and put us at the end of darkness and the beginning of the light. As such the potential is within us.

We can be darkness or choose the light and work towards all perfection of the attributes.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it's absence of light, I don't know what he meant by God created darkness.

It was a Bible passage. You have the correct interpretation that darkness is lack of light.

I see the Bible passage is saying that Light and lack of light are part of this creation.

Regards Tony

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Lack of light is darkness.

Lack of good is evil.

I see the Manifestation is the pure light and the opposite of them is Satan, or the anti Christ.

So God gave us creation and put us at the end of darkness and the beginning of the light. As such the potential is within us.

We can be darkness or choose the light and work towards all perfection of the attributes.

Regards Tony
The Immaculate gas spirit Heavens owns no light. Historically in space it would have been alight but the Holy Mother spatial vacuum womb took it to a higher form...without sacrifice.

The Sun attacked/converted and then sacrificed the Immaculate clear non alight spirit and sacrificed it. The Satanic act, to sacrifice the higher spirit as a thesis in the sciences about the heavens.

A human living owning bone inside of their body like the first God one spirit stone, is held prisoner on Earth with bone.

Who quotes, due to the sacrifice of the Immaculate heavenly gases one day I die...for I only live surviving in the natural light.

The Immaculate spirit not burning is one of the reasons asides from the spatial vacuum holy womb and water mass that I own living survival also.

An explanation of human reasoning already owning life, self presence owner of all variable natural conditions without being a theist.

chinu

chinu
I did. I have memories of living other lives. If you ask me, I feel these events actually happened. I've even tried to verify them as historical events but haven't been able to.

Maybe if I could, I'd change my mind.
Friend Nakosis, thank you for your reply.
I too believe in rebirth/reborn :)

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Christ gives the option of life, this life ends in death.

The second birth, our spiritual birth, overcomes death.

Big topic, and that is Faith.

Regards Tony

Mostly this.

You are free to come up with some alternative explanation for the origin of the universe (like a giant egg or something). However, without a mindset that there is something more than this life, there are two toxic mindsets:
1. Being all like "Yes Master" to the next Hitler or whoever that threatens you with a convert or die choice. Life is eternal, even if someone blasts you with a nuke or quarters you with horses. Worse, many of these "only following orders" types run afoul of doing under fear and duress far worse crimes than their leaders
2. Thinking that you can end your problems by killing people off.

Which is why I feel like atheists should try Buddhism. But most won't because thet buy materialism hook line and sinker.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Christ gives the option of life, this life ends in death.

The second birth, our spiritual birth, overcomes death.

Big topic, and that is Faith.

Regards Tony

That's not exactly a valid answer.
That's more like a consequence of not being a believer of that specific thing IN THE EVENT that that specific thing is actually true.

The OP question is rather asking about what the harm is of not believing in gods (any gods - including non-existing ones since he didn't specify a god; just the idea of "belief in gods") in daily life.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
As others have asked, how exactly would that be harmful. But also it is purely a wrong statement :D

If God exist, a non believer would experience God just as much as a believer would. I don't see religious people running around all ecstatic claiming that they have been cured by God or that their life is so much better. The first thing a believer does when they get sick is to run to the hospital, shouldn't they run to the churches instead? (Which is good that they do, by the way) But I find it a bit hypocritical to point out non believing as being harmful and to miss out on God, because they rely on other humans for their wellbeing, but the moment the **** hits the fan, the believers choose the non believers solutions rather than their own so called "non harmful" way. :)

IF God really exist as you state then isn't it to spit in his face not to rely on him for help and salvation rather than some poor schmuck of a doctor, which is only human?

And off course, when a human doctor cures them, then "praise be to god!"
But if the human doctor fails to cure them or save their arm or whatever, then it's "evil / incompetent medical science / professionals".

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Mostly this.

You are free to come up with some alternative explanation for the origin of the universe (like a giant egg or something). However, without a mindset that there is something more than this life, there are two toxic mindsets:
1. Being all like "Yes Master" to the next Hitler or whoever that threatens you with a convert or die choice. Life is eternal, even if someone blasts you with a nuke or quarters you with horses. Worse, many of these "only following orders" types run afoul of doing under fear and duress far worse crimes than their leaders
2. Thinking that you can end your problems by killing people off.

Which is why I feel like atheists should try Buddhism. But most won't because thet buy materialism hook line and sinker.

pssst: Hitler was a catholic who had the backing of the vatican and his soldiers walked around with "got mit uns" inscribed on their belt buckles. He also had it quite easy to stir up hatred for jews after almost 2000 years of christian persecution of jews.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yes it's absence of light, I don't know what he meant by God created darkness.
To me this is easy.
The people who wrote Scripture were primitive, and didn't understand a lot of things.
Doesn't make them bad people.
I believe that you can be a good soul regardless of what gender you're.
I appreciate that you believe this. But it's not what's generally taught by Abrahamic religion.
What they do teach causes a great deal of damage. Mainly because it's based on the opinions of primitive folks from long ago.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Not getting to heaven.
That's the biggie, no harm comes in this life.
Imo.
That's no biggie to me.

Because I don't find the people who claim to know about Heaven particularly credible. I have a much more rational belief about "afterlife", one that more closely resembles the Creation.
Tom