• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens when we die?

allfoak

Alchemist
So you don't know what a mystic is, but your certain you know how human beings function?
The only information you have is what someone else told you.
I would never live my life based on what other people think.
Not wise. @Demonslayer

Demonslayer

So you don't know what a mystic is, but your certain you know how human beings function?

I know what a mystic is, my comment was intended to disparage the idea of someone learning great truth by sitting around praying and thinking.

The only information you have is what someone else told you.

As with you, you just seem to want to trust mystics and empty claims of NDE's, and I trust the brain scientists who can actually show me repeatable results.

I would never live my life based on what other people think.

Sure you do, we all do. Do you smoke? If not, presumably it's because you know it's not good for you. You didn't figure out smoking isn't good for you, it's part of the vast well of human knowledge that has been built up through the ages. All of us rely on the knowledge of others, otherwise every generation would start back at the hunter/gatherer stage.

allfoak

Alchemist
i am a mystic and i do not listen to any authority on anything.
All of my knowledge comes from within.
I have no formal education.

I evaluate all things from the inside out.

outhouse

Atheistically

I evaluate all things from the inside out.

Formal education is knowledge, knowledge is power.

Not listening to people that know what they are talking about is simply admitting to ignore knowledge. :rolleyes:

Demonslayer

You must have a lot of parking tickets.

You wouldn't even know how to speak this language without outside knowledge. Everything you know you learned from external sources. Leave a baby unattended and alone in a box, just tossing in food and water, until the baby was a 10 year old child...what do you suppose you'd have? A "mystic?"

That's a real shame, one of the hallmarks of this great country is the effort to provide education to everyone. Shunning education is an odd concept for me, we all can learn from others.

i'm sorry,
I have to leave RF for a time now.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1. This doesn't address anything I said about the concept of eternity rendering the time between creation week and judgment day insignificant

The significance of between the ' creation week ' and the ' judgment day ' is that although father Adam put us in the pawn shop of death, Jesus, because sinless, could pay over the price for our release. Jesus was like ready cash for us to pay off our debt.

Jesus' millennium-long judgment day - Proverbs 4:18 - is Not a 24-hr. day but lasting for a thousand years.
It is in ' righteousness ' that Jesus will judge - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 20:6
Only some are called to heaven - Revelation 5:9-10, while most of mankind will be resurrected to healthy life on earth.
So, a person will be judged on what they do "after" they are resurrected during Jesus' millennial rulership over earth.
As Romans 6:7 says that one's death frees or acquits a person ( No postmortem penalty )
Acquitted does Not mean now innocent, but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges do Not stick.

So, unless a person has committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - they will be resurrected. The majority of people resurrected with the opportunity for eternal life, everlasting life, on earth as originally offer to Adam before his downfall.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Tell me what the conditions of death were, what the environment is like, temperature, a time-frame and maybe how many pieces the body is in and I'll be able to tell you.

In Eden the conditions of death were: If you break God's Law you will die. No postmortem penalty after death, just: death.
At his death Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19 - so the environment was: non-life.
Adam went from non-life - to life - and returned to non-life. A person can Not ' return' to a place he never was before.
Before Adam came to life - Genesis 2:7 - Adam was Not alive.
Since the ground is basically cold, then the dead are in a stone-cold temperature grave. ( biblical hell KJV )
Since Acts of the Apostles 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.... then the time frame is: future.
ALL the people Jesus resurrected were resurrected back to life on earth in whole healthy physical bodies.
Jesus' resurrections were a small preview, or coming attraction, of what Jesus will be doing on a permanent grand global scale during Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth. Enemy death will be No more - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't really know how sovereignty fits in, I was just responding to the other post.

Originally God was Sovereign over earth and Adam and Eve.
By Adam breaking away from God's Law, then Adam was disregarding God as Sovereign.
By Adam taking the Law out of God's hands and placing the Law in man's hands showed that Adam rejected God's sovereignty in favor of People Rule being superior to God Rule.
Mankind's history has proven that rulership by man - Ecclesiastes 8:9 - has been a failure to bring Peace on Earth.
So, since Adam, the issue of universal sovereignty is before mankind. Who can govern the best ?
Since mankind can Not successfully direct his step - Jeremiah 10:23 - then we need someone who can step in.
God will have Jesus step in, and Jesus will be the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. That is why we should pray the invitation recorded at Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come. Come and put an end to wickedness on earth - Psalms 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the forbidden fruit was a test......
Man needs to be the kind of creature seeking knowledge ....even as death is pending consequence.

Adam and Eve passed the test.

The specimens were then released into the environment.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Where does the wave go when it descends back into the ocean, was the wave ever separate from the ocean, that's how I see life.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Those who loved Jesus Christ stay with Him in a paradise until after the 7 Year Tribulation. Then they will live with Jesus on this planet during His 1000 year rule.

Those who didn't love Jesus Christ go to whats left of Sheol for 1000 years until Judgment Day.

I doubt that there is anyone in paradise except Jesus and angels but I believe it could happen even though most people don't think of it but rather think of going to Heaven which is a different place.

I believe this is highly unlikely and that most people will return to earth in a new life.

I believe this is most people's destiny. I believe I will have a different assignment.

I believe Sheol is the grave and that is where dead people who don't believe in an afterlife go but some may be swallowed into Hell and some may survive the end of the world allowing for the dead to be reborn into temporal bodies. At the last judgement there will only be those with eternal life or those who go to Hell.

I would like to know more about the "golden pyramid".
Read in the end of Revelations. This is an actual structure, dimensions are given.

What happens...We live. we die. we turn into dirt. Jesus returns and a resurrection happens, those God has deemed righteous(alive and dead) are made immortal. there is some tribulation and then a 1000 yr period of Jesus ruling with those resurrected( also the survivors of the tribulation period who are still not immortal). end of the 1000 yrs, 2cd resurrection and judgement of all not resurrected the first time. Those deemed unrighteous pre,during, and post 1000 yrs are cast into a lake of fire and they die a death that is eternal-not eternal torment. God comes to earth bringing the Kingdom out of the heavens(any point not on the earth- another dimension, dont know) All those made immortal live with God and Jesus forever on earth.
What happens thereafter, what awaits those who make it, what is going to happen, or what else they are going to do. Nobody but God knows, if you make it you will find out.