• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens to Your God After the Extinction of Humans?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The faith is, you consider nature to be a god

Of course nature is universal, holding in awe does not require that godhood is bestowed on it

That is your faith that nature is your deity and yes it is required, without it the scientific explanation suffices or even a simple "i dont know but i refuse to guess and attribute my ignorance to a god".
Nope.
No faith needed.

I can see it, some of it.

And Mother Nature is awesome, and all obey her.

And I know that I am a tiny tiny part of her.

When I'm gone, it will be OK.

:)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It is likely that, given 5 billion other species or about 99% on earth have gone extinct, humans will eventually go extinct.

If or when this happens, what becomes of your God?

ETA: It would appear the wording in my post has led to confusion. To clarify, by "God concept," I mean your God as you perceive it rather than the concept itself. In other words, what happens to God once humans become extinct? I've since removed the word "concept" to eliminate confusion. Apologies for any confusion or lack of clarity in my OP.
see movie.....Planet of the Apes

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'll agree that we have no evidence that [other] animals have a concept of deity, let alone worship one.
It has been shown that some crows are good at problem solving, bees understand the concept of zero, and dolphins can understand receiving the task of coming up with a different swimming technique each time and accomplishing it.
With these behaviors, we cannot rule out the possibility of other complex mental processes.

There is no doubt that animals are intelligent, some even self aware. Its a big step from an animal using cognitive abilities to animal god.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Nope.
No faith needed.

I can see it, some of it.

And Mother Nature is awesome, and all obey her.

And I know that I am a tiny tiny part of her.

When I'm gone, it will be OK.

:)

That is all fine, other than the first line. To believe such is god requires faith?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Entropy has nothing to do with it

No? I suggest you inform the physicists who support professor Jeremy England of your insight. Work on it a little, build a hypothesis and i can see a nobel prize in it for you.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I'm not singling you out but merely using what you said as an example for one of the reasons I created this thread.

I suspected that there were those here that consider God to be concerned with human matters and nothing else in the universe. As above, some stated his focus would shift exclusively to human judgment and resurrection and presumably be unconcerned with the rest of existence in the universe. A few implied here that once humans were gone, God would just dust off his hands and either move on to other ventures or simply poof out of existence.

For those of you who replied as such, for what reason do you think God is concerned only with humans and no other life or matter (or anti-matter for that matter) in the universe?
I'm not sure that humans are His only concern. He could also be concerned with other races on other planets that we've never contacted/will never contact/will eventually contact. Quite simply, I have no way of knowing if that is the case or not, so I have no reason to care. Science doesn't deal with things outside of its wheelhouse--i.e. that which it can directly observe and measure. My religion also doesn't deal with things outside of its wheelhouse--i.e. God's revelation to us and the work of Christ for us and the mission of the Church which He founded. So the question of what God will do with the universe once humanity goes extinct is a bit of a moot one--God never bothered to tell us, so we don't concern ourselves with it.

shmogie

No? I suggest you inform the physicists who support professor Jeremy England of your insight. Work on it a little, build a hypothesis and i can see a nobel prize in it for you.
Theologically, it goes in a very different direction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not sure that humans are His only concern. He could also be concerned with other races on other planets that we've never contacted/will never contact/will eventually contact. Quite simply, I have no way of knowing if that is the case or not, so I have no reason to care. Science doesn't deal with things outside of its wheelhouse--i.e. that which it can directly observe and measure. My religion also doesn't deal with things outside of its wheelhouse--i.e. God's revelation to us and the work of Christ for us and the mission of the Church which He founded. So the question of what God will do with the universe once humanity goes extinct is a bit of a moot one--God never bothered to tell us, so we don't concern ourselves with it.

First, I find the ' sin' and 'who governs best' issue has to be settled here on Earth before there will be intelligent life elsewhere.

Humanity will never go extinct because God did Not create the Earth for nothing but to be inhabited - Isaiah 45:18.
Because of Jesus being a ransom for us is why humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11,29.
God does tell us that new books, aka scrolls, will be opened during Jesus coming 1,000-year rule over Earth.
At the end of the thousand years Jesus will hand back God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 to his God.
Then ' enemy death ' will be extinct, but humanity will Never be extinct as per 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
Without death then mankind can gain 'everlasting life on a beautiful paradisical Earth' as described at Isaiah 35th chapter.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It is likely that, given 5 billion other species or about 99% on earth have gone extinct, humans will eventually go extinct.
If or when this happens, what becomes of your God?.

First of all, I find before God created visible human creation, God first created the invisible angelic creation.
Those angels clapped or shouted for joy at God's expanded material/physical creation as per Job 38:7.
Because of Jesus' ransom paid for us then we will Not go extinct .
Jesus promised everlasting life, some to Heaven, but most people to inhabit the Earth - Psalms 37:9-11,29.
What will go extinct is ' enemy death ' as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
No one will say, "I am sick..." as per Isaiah 33:24.
There will be ' healing ' (health) for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
This is why we are invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
We do Not pray to be 'taken away' to Jesus, nor pray to be 'taken up' to Jesus, but for Jesus to come.
Then, mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' for the healing of earth's nations.
Thus, Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed.
Blessed with the benefit of healing for earth's nations - Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18; 18:18.
That ' healing ' is for people who will be living on Earth because 'Earth abides forever' as per Ecclesiastes 1:4 B.
As God had a one-on-one communication with Adam before his downfall, thus God will once again have one-on-one communication with the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If it is your position that humans have free will, it would stand to reason that dolphins and chimpanzees (along with other primates) have free will as well.

The difference I find can be ' conscience '. Do we listen to a trained conscience or not ______
What animal ever apologized to another for taking something that belonged to that other animal.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I happen to know that mankind is destined to extinction.
Zephaniah 1:2-3
That was declared a long time ago 7th century BC
So what is the meaning of life? Is it death?
What would happen if man face extinction
But for me - this similar issue were already addressed
and that is why I'm unmoved because I already know that mankind
will face extinction as declared a long time ago.
1 Corinthians 15:12-58

I find at Zephaniah 1:3 there are conditions to be met.
There is a probably or a maybe connected to being saved/ delivered/ rescued.
Those who follow God's direction will be protected as per Isaiah 26:20.
Protected through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
The ' meek ' are to seek God because the ' meek ' are to inherit the Earth as promised at Psalms 37:9-11.

1 Corinthians 15 is about ' resurrection ' and Not extinction of Jesus' spiritual ' brothers '.
Some people resurrected to Heaven who have that first or earlier resurrection as per Revelation 20:6.
This is why the ones called to Heaven are called as ' first fruits ' at 1 Corinthians 15:20,23.
The majority of mankind (later fruits) to have a physical resurrection of healthy heart, mind and body.- Acts 24:15.
Death's sting will be No more on Earth because ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26.
Thus, a focal point of Jesus governing over Earth for a thousand years is to undue enemy death.Isaiah 25:8.
Jesus does Not promise extinction at Revelation 22:2 but for the ' healing ' of earth's nations.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
That is all fine, other than the first line. To believe such is god requires faith?
No........... Not true.

I can show quite the reverse.

Take the initiation, the 'becoming' of our Universe, as an example. Is there, was there, a reason for or a cause of that initiation?

No?

Yes?

Can you give a one word answer from either of the above?

Etritonakin

ETA: It would appear the wording in my post has led to confusion. To clarify, by "God concept," I mean your God as you perceive it rather than the concept itself. In other words, what happens to God once humans become extinct? I've since removed the word "concept" to eliminate confusion. Apologies for any confusion or lack of clarity in my OP.
According to the bible (and "the math", if you consider all that is happening in the world), humans will very soon make themselves (and many other species) extinct -UNLESS God prevents it -which he will -but leaving only a remnant of present humanity to repopulate AS HUMANS.

However, many will have been made immortal at the return of Christ and will make up the government under God and Christ -on earth at first -then beyond.

"The rest of the dead" are resurrected to the judgment after a thousand years of that reign -and judged according to their works. Some will receive reward then for their good works (not specific beliefs, etc., when human) -or, if their works were not good -"shall be saved, yet so as by fire"

The entire creation (including "the heavens" which were "formed to be inhabited") is to be "liberated from their bondage to decay" by "the children of God"

So... Human self-extinction will be prevented, resurrection will make it a non-issue.

Though not specified, I would imagine adaptation of some life forms by the life-reproduction-death cycle throughout the universe may continue -but it is stated that animals will no longer consume each other (nor will human's consume them).

As immortality is pretty much the ultimate fitness for survival -and immediate self-adaptation will apparently be possible, we will no longer even be subject to extinction -and are to be given "glorious" bodies similar to that which allowed the Word to create all things -and by which, "according to the working thereof", the Word who became Christ "is able to subdue all things unto himself".
We will not be subject to even cosmic forces, but they will become subject to us by a more powerful interface.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No........... Not true.

I can show quite the reverse.

Take the initiation, the 'becoming' of our Universe, as an example. Is there, was there, a reason for or a cause of that initiation?

No?

Yes?

Can you give a one word answer from either of the above?

You want a one word answer that massages your ego?

My answer is rather longer than one word, but i will keep it as short as possible.

First causality is a by product of thermodynamics, the rules of which in this universe coalesced after the bb so to cite cause before causality is fraught to begin with.

Next, i know of 28 possible scenarios, hypothesis, as to how this universe came in to being. All of them are based on mathematics or observation of events in our universe (such as the bruising on the cmb and the whole raft of galaxies moving contrary to general expansion of the universe) and some need no cause.

None of them include god, in fact without sound mathematical working and/or verified, relevent observations, any hypothesis on how our universe began is dismissed.

So you can show mathematics and/relevant observational data to show god did it?

Because without such what you have is faith

Shantanu

There is no reason to assume that humans will go extinct before the solar system terminates life on Earth. We will evolve into something better to take account of the challenges that the environment poses so that we can live sustainably.

As to what happens to God, the situation will not change in the minds of adherents to the God concept unless evolution makes us more atheistic than ever before given the nature of the search for the truth that humans will uncover in the future: the God concept will then die out.

Last edited: