• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happens to Your God After the Extinction of Humans?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A. I'm not worried.
B. It wasn't you I was accusing of hubris, but rather those who think that earth humans are the center of the universe, and that the entire universe was created specifically for earth humans...and is utterly useless without us.
C. There is evidence for God. It's just not evidence you accept. That's fine...but 'sticking with the evidence' is what all those people who laughed at Semmelweise did, Who denied anything that might be evidence for the Big Bang, who insisted that the sun revolved around the earth...who continued to deny that there were tectonic plates, who figured that since there was 'no evidence,' i.e., no pictures of or way to detect, black holes, that there weren't any...

You know, all those people who figured that since they already knew everything, that there was nothing left to learn in the universe, and any new thing was therefore automatically wrong.

I, personally, when I catch myself saying that 'the evidence proves this...' slap myself mentally. It may support something NOW, but it's always good to keep your eyes open and your mind working.

A, i never said you were, i said you are entitled to your belief.
B, maybe you could have explained yourself better.
C, no, there is no evidence of god, there is however confirmation bias in claiming certain things/events must god because god fills a gap.
I said evidence, not belief

Cleary

God is sovereign and in control <><
A, i never said you were, i said you are entitled to your belief. B, maybe you could have explained yourself better.C, no, there is no evidence of god, there is however confirmation bias in claiming certain things/events must god because god fills a gap.
I said evidence, not belief

Step 1 ... a test for ChristineM .............
DNA is biological information sequence < science
your post above ChristineM ....... the letters / spaces and punctuation, are they of category A or category B
A = random / mindless / no structured sequence (just where they happened to land) .. or
B = design / code / information / intent / writer-reader / speaker-listener / agenda driven / intelligence

ChristineM

Premium Member
Step 1 ... a test for ChristineM .............
DNA is biological information sequence < science
your post above ChristineM ....... the letters / spaces and punctuation - are they of category A or category B
A = random / mindless / no structured sequence (just where they happened to land) .. or
B = design / code / information / intent / writer-reader / speaker-listener / agenda driven / intelligence

They are an answer to a post, you dont like it then tough

ChristineM

Premium Member
I assume you are still ignorant of answering a simple question ? .. A or B ? calling my scientific logic a joke ?

I answered post #40 with letter identification to match the posters letters, if that confused you then that is not my problem.

You would not know scientific logic if it sat on your face.

Now can we get the thread out of your playground and back on track?

Please explain why I should partake of your test? I asked you a question and you have not answered it. Do you need me try to answer your ambiguous 'test' in order to feel like a better person than I am?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Still just a guess: I think God will make a choice.

God will either alter the laws of nature in order to force another sentient race with free-will to populate the planet, or retain the laws of nature and see if another sentient race with free-will evolves or discovers the Earth while it is still viable.
I'm pondering "free will" and a religion that has a good.

If God does exist and everyone that should go to heaven has arrived (but man on earth is extinct) then essentially the physical world could cease to exist as it has served its purpose and existence for everyone including God, continues on the 'higher realm' could be one theory?

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
I see no cat temples or dingo churches... Do you?
No. No other possibly sentient animal builds. We've been trying to communicate with dolphins since "Center of the Cyclone". We have shown that some of them seem to understand abstract concepts. Do your own research.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Those who dwell upon the earth will someday (as God displays to their face) be totally dumbfoundedas to the evidence that was right there everywhere ... indeed there will be no excuses .... Romans 1:20 <><
No excuses for what? Sleeping with one's neighbor? Crossing the street without looking? Eating peach pie with a spoon?

But what gets me is that in light of Isaiah 45:7

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

In a verse preceding Rom. 1:20 we read

Romans 1:18
18 God shows his anger from heaven against all the evil and wrong things that people do. Their evil lives hide the truth they have.
God gets POd because people get caught up in the very evil he intended for them. Talk about one deranged supreme being---I's like putting out my foot to trip my three year-old son, and then get mad because he trips on it and falls down. This is one sick dude!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Are you proposing that there is no other sentient species with free will that currently inhabit the planet. I can name several.
It's actually also not totally certain that sentience and free will are going to be all that long lasting, in evolutionary terms. WE think of ourselves as top of creation, but when we kill ourselves off, cockroaches are almost certain to be still around.