• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens to our body after we die?

calm

We all interpret verses differently I do not interpret those verses the way you do.

I do not believe that Jesus is God incarnate because the Essence of God cannot be revealed in flesh.
Jesus is God's attributes manifested perfectly in the flesh.

“Know thou of a certainty that the Unseen can in no wise incarnate His Essence and reveal it unto men. He is, and hath ever been, immensely exalted beyond all that can either be recounted or perceived. From His retreat of glory His voice is ever proclaiming: “Verily, I am God; there is none other God besides Me, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise. I have manifested Myself unto men, and have sent down Him Who is the Day Spring of the signs of My Revelation. Through Him I have caused all creation to testify that there is none other God except Him, the Incomparable, the All-Informed, the All-Wise.” He Who is everlastingly hidden from the eyes of men can never be known except through His Manifestation, and His Manifestation can adduce no greater proof of the truth of His Mission than the proof of His own Person.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 49
You must imagine it this way. A programmer has developed a game, one day the programmer wanted to get into his game. But because he himself can't get in, he developed his own character. The programmer was now in his own game. Anyone who saw the programmer's character in the game, saw the programmer. It's the same with Jesus and the Father. The game is the world. Jesus is the character and the father is the programmer.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You must imagine it this way. A programmer has developed a game, one day the programmer wanted to get into his game. But because he himself can't get in, he developed his own character. The programmer was now in his own game. Anyone who saw the programmer's character in the game, saw the programmer. It's the same with Jesus and the Father. The game is the world. Jesus is the character and the father is the programmer.
“Anyone who saw the programmer's character in the game, saw the programmer. It's the same with Jesus and the Father.”

Great analogy, and actually it is true. Whoever has seen Jesus has seen the Father because Jesus is a perfect mirror image of the Father.

John 14:7-10 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

The verse does not say: Believe me that I am the Father, and the Father is me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
I am transferring my posts that accidentally got posted in the wrong directory to this directory. :oops:
There are three posts in this series.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

That is just how you interpret the story because that is what you want to believe. You interpret it to mean physical life of the body but I interpret it differently. I interpret it to mean eternal life of the soul.

25 Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;

This verse says nothing about physical life, it just says life; and given everything else Jesus said about spiritual life it is obvious to me that is what it refers to.

26 and everyone who is living and exercises faith in me will never die at all. Do you believe this?”

It is obvious this verse means that everyone who is living and exercises faith in Jesus shall never die spiritually, because we know all people die physically.

None of these verses say anything about physical bodies. Dead bodies do not come out of graves and come back to life. The only place we rise to is the spiritual kingdom. We won’t need physical bodies there, we will have spiritual bodies.

That is how you interpret Genesis. To say that we never would have died is not to say we never would have died physically. It is to say we never would have died spiritually, if Adam and Eve had not eaten of the tree of good and evil, thus knowing what evil was and being able to choose evil.

We all have free will, so we all choose to act according to one of these two natures. By our choices and ensuing behavior, we start to differentiate ourselves, and we wind up on a continuum between good and evil.

All imperfection comes from our physical nature; our spiritual nature is purely good.

Question.—In verse 22 of chapter 15 of 1 Corinthians it is written: “For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.” What is the meaning of these words?
Answer.—Know that there are two natures in man: the physical nature and the spiritual nature. The physical nature is inherited from Adam, and the spiritual nature is inherited from the Reality of the Word of God, which is the spirituality of Christ. The physical nature is born of Adam, but the spiritual nature is born from the bounty of the Holy Spirit. The first is the source of all imperfection; the second is the source of all perfection.

The Christ sacrificed Himself so that men might be freed from the imperfections of the physical nature and might become possessed of the virtues of the spiritual nature. This spiritual nature, which came into existence through the bounty of the Divine Reality, is the union of all perfections and appears through the breath of the Holy Spirit. It is the divine perfections; it is light, spirituality, guidance, exaltation, high aspiration, justice, love, grace, kindness to all, philanthropy, the essence of life. It is the reflection of the splendor of the Sun of Reality.
Some Answered Questions, p. 118

When humans do not partake of the "tree of life" they start to die spiritually. They would have died physically regardless, because physical bodies were designed to die.

Christians believe that the tree of life was a source of ongoing physical life, that Adam and Eve were designed to live forever, but to do so they likely needed to eat from the tree of life.

What is the Tree of Life?

“In Eden, the tree appears to have been a source of ongoing physical life. The presence of the tree of life suggests a supernatural provision of life as Adam and Eve ate the fruit their Creator provided. Adam and Eve were designed to live forever, but to do so they likely needed to eat from the tree of life. Once they sinned, they were banned from the Garden, separated from the tree, and subject to physical death, just as they had experienced spiritual death. Since Eden, death has reigned throughout history. But on the New Earth, our access to the tree of life is forever restored. (Notice that there’s no mention of a tree of the knowledge of good and evil to test us. The redeemed have already known sin and its devastation; they will desire it no more.)” What is the Tree of Life?

Baha’is believe that the tree of life is the Word of God which bestows eternal life. This tree of life was the position of the Reality of Christ; through His manifestation it was planted and adorned with everlasting fruits. Eternal life is a quality of life, of being near to God; it is not physical life, but spiritual life. God never created the physical body to live forever. Once the physical body dies, the soul leaves the body and ascends to the spiritual world where it takes on a new form comprised of spiritual elements that exist in the spiritual realm.

It is a tree of life to all who grasp it, and whoever holds on to it is happy; its ways are ways of pleasantness, and all it paths are peace. (Proverbs 3:17-18)

“The tree of life is the highest degree of the world of existence: the position of the Word of God, and the supreme Manifestation. Therefore, that position has been preserved; and, at the appearance of the most noble supreme Manifestation, it became apparent and clear. For the position of Adam, with regard to the appearance and manifestation of the divine perfections, was in the embryonic condition; the position of Christ was the condition of maturity and the age of reason; and the rising of the Greatest Luminary 4 was the condition of the perfection of the essence and of the qualities. This is why in the supreme Paradise the tree of life is the expression for the center of absolutely pure sanctity—that is to say, of the divine supreme Manifestation. From the days of Adam until the days of Christ, They spoke little of eternal life and the heavenly universal perfections. This tree of life was the position of the Reality of Christ; through His manifestation it was planted and adorned with everlasting fruits.”
Some Answered Questions, p. 124

The worms go in, the worms go out, the worms play peanuckle on your snout...

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Our body is either cremated and reduced to ashes, or rots in a grave, FACT!

But we are not our bodies, we only use it so what about the ‘us’ bit? What happens to that because it is even more real than the body, it is our reality, our consciousness.

The body is but a servant. I direct my fingers to type here so they type. So my fingers are not me, they are commanded by me.

What happens to the ‘me’ as it is not composed of elements so it does not decompose? That’s the mystery. Do ‘we’ really die or just take on another form in another dimension?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What happens to the ‘me’ as it is not composed of elements so it does not decompose? That’s the mystery. Do ‘we’ really die or just take on another form in another dimension?
According to Abdu'l-Baha...

“The answer to the third question is this, that in the other world the human reality doth not assume a physical form, rather doth it take on a heavenly form, made up of elements of that heavenly realm.
Selections From the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 194