• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens after we die

Is there more

• yes

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • no

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I hope

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I mostly agree with that point as far as you went.

But a doctor does not need to know what a headache is to be convinced it's real. What I mean is that someone can read what people who have had experiences report, read verified accounts of children remembering past lives and believe a spiritual teacher who affirms that understanding.

That raises the situation from mere "speculating" to researched belief.
Yes, I agree with this. One can look at it from a more scientific sense and see that it's more than just mere wishful thinking. People are describing the same phenomena cross-culturally. So it's much more than just fantasy. From that one could then have some support to what may be what their intuitions tells them is true.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Is there more?

If religious Bob says there is heaven or hell after death and nonreligious Bill says there is nothing after death....
Aren't they both simply assuming what they don't know?
Well, logically, if there is sufficient evidence for a person to be a Messenger of God, and he says there is life after death, it is true beyond a reasonable doubt, which is the standard for the courtroom.;)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Is there more?

Yes, I believe there is more after we die. I believe in the afterlife and I believe that it's an everlasting existence where human spirits can come and go as they please between the spirit world and the physical world by traveling through a spiritual vortex or through a spirit portal (mirrors, windows, and doorways, for example). I don't believe that the spirit world is a static place that is limited to heaven and hell and is constrained by the laws of time and space. In fact, I don't believe in the biblical teaching of heaven or hell or what the Bible teaches about the afterlife and its claims of what happens to people after they die and crossover into the spirit world.

If you're interested, I've mentioned more details of what I believe about the afterlife and what happens to people after they die in similar threads, such as these two here and here. If you have any questions, then you can send me a PM. My inbox is always open.

If religious Bob says there is heaven or hell after death and nonreligious Bill says there is nothing after death....

Based on my knowledge of the spirit world, a human spirit's experience in the afterlife can be either positive or negative. I believe the experience depends on the spirit and how they react to their death. I also believe that human spirits can get stuck in the physical world and that these spirits will need the help and guidance of a psychic medium to crossover into the spirit world. It's my belief that there are spirits who refuse to crossover into the spirit world because they have unfinished business, or sometimes a human spirit doesn't realize that they are dead. In the paranormal field, it is commonly believed that when a person dies abruptly (like in a car accident or from a sudden heart attack), they are unaware that they have died. These spirits are called "earthbound spirits." Based on my experience as a psychic medium and as a paranormal investigator, this belief has been validated by the spirits I've communicated with and interacted with; by the poltergeist activity that I've personally witnessed; by the EVPs that I've audibly heard on a Spirit Box or that were captured on an EVP recorder or digital recorder by other paranormal investigators; and by the evidence that I've either captured with my ghost hunting equipment or the evidence that I've seen that was captured by other paranormal investigators.

Last edited:

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Is there more?

Yes, I think since both camps don't have measurable evidence, they are assuming
If the whole story of humans is to live on earth for 60, 70, 80,... years, and that is the whole story, life is not worth living
I like to think there is more to it

We Never Know

No Slack
Nope, but it still doesn't surprise me you don't understand the difference. I'd be minded to help edify you, but your posts long ago suggested a mind so closed as to make it a futile effort.

"I'd be minded to help edify you, but your posts long ago suggested a mind so closed as to make it a futile effort."

Wow! Talk abot a mirrored post from another poster.... "I can educate you"
:rolleyes:o_O

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I'm pretty sure things will happen all over again at square one like this life is. Question is who, what, where?

Of course once the mind is completely wiped, I'll never know, or the new living form for that matter.

I believe the Spirit retains the memories but those are often blocked in the next life.

Muffled

Jesus in me
After our past life review on the astral plane, we take another physical body until we've done everything we've ever wanted to do.

I believe some have been known to take a body but most of the time God will not allow that and picks out the body for you.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I think the evidence seems to point to reincarnation. Like the Laws of Thermodynamics.

That's not evidence, it is an assumption. If the laws of thermodynamics supported such a conclusions why isn't there anything in science supporting this claim. Go on any physics site and ask trained physicist if they accept your assumption. If it supported your assumption there would be a broad consensus among scientists based on some evidence.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's not evidence, it is an assumption. If the laws of thermodynamics supported such a conclusions why isn't there anything in science supporting this claim. Go on any physics site and ask trained physicist if they accept your assumption. If it supported your assumption there would be a broad consensus among scientists based on some evidence.

Mmk

LIIA

Is there more?

Sure

The evidence is there. Some will follow it where it leads; some will take it to where they want it to be, in both cases, it’s a matter of freewill.

Do you have any knowledge of the "NDE" research?

Without any scientific study, near-death experiences “NDE" were previously assumed to be imagination, hallucination, or oxygen deficiency. This is no longer the case. NDE has been the subject of scientific research for few decades now. NDE studies showed that during the state of a lifeless body and without a functioning brain, an enhanced (non-local) consciousness, with unaltered self-identity was experienced. The observations are verified, documented and published in scientific journals. It cannot be disputed.

In 1988 the Dutch author Pim van Lommel launched a study of near-death experiences after cardiac arrest that was published in the medical journal the Lancet in 2001. In 2007, the first edition of his bestseller Consciousness Beyond Life: The Science of the Near-Death Experience, was published.

Pim van Lommel - Wikipedia

Near-death experience in survivors of cardiac arrest: a prospective study in the Netherlands - The Lancet

In the 1988 study, 18% of the 344 survivors of cardiac arrest patients reported an experience of a clear and enhanced non-local consciousness—with memories, self-identity, cognition, and emotions during the period of unconsciousness/clinical death, during a transient functional loss of the cortex and the brainstem.

In 2011, an article was published by The National Library of Medicine with the title " Near-death experiences: the experience of the self as real and not as an illusion”, here is the abstract:

“Because the publication of several prospective studies on near-death experience (NDE) in survivors of cardiac arrest have shown strikingly similar results and conclusions, the phenomenon of the NDE can no longer be scientifically ignored. The NDE is an authentic experience that cannot be simply reduced to imagination, fear of death, hallucination, psychosis, the use of drugs, or oxygen deficiency. Patients appear to be permanently changed by an NDE during a cardiac arrest of only some minutes' duration. It is a scientific challenge to discuss new hypotheses that could explain the possibility of a clear and enhanced consciousness--with memories, self-identity, cognition, and emotions--during a period of apparent coma. The current materialistic view of the relationship between consciousness and the brain, as held by most physicians, philosophers, and psychologists, seems to be too restricted for a proper understanding of this phenomenon. There are good reasons to assume that our consciousness, with the continuous experience of self, does not always coincide with the functioning of our brain: enhanced or nonlocal consciousness, with unaltered self-identity, apparently can be experienced independently from the lifeless body. People are convinced that the self they experienced during their NDE is a reality and not an illusion."

Near-death experiences: the experience of the self as real and not as an illusion - PubMed (nih.gov)