• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happens after Death?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yes, i saw that in a TV show. And then a house wife figured it out and they did another TV show on it and more dating. And then with subsequent dating, they all got different results.

Sheesh, a housewife. Who needs science and the bible when you got a housewife

AhHa, you'll believe snips and snails and puppy dog tails, but not the burial cloth.

That's cute.

I detect a bias.

Ever heard of sarcasm?

Oh and cute image, pity its not 3D. Try placing a sheet over your face and mark out the main points, looks more like the image below than a photo

View attachment 25186

Edit : later findings than your 2014 google search

“The BPA of blood visible on the frontal side of the chest (the lance wound) shows that the shroud represents the bleeding in a realistic manner for a standing position while the stains at the back—of a supposed post-mortem bleeding from the same wound for a supine corpse—are totally unrealistic.”
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...er-study-carbon-dating-debunked-a8450101.html

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm making a Presenation about what happens after Death in different Religions!

I find Jesus taught that the dead are in a sleep-like state at John 11:11-14.
Jesus often referred to the old Hebrew Scriptures which like Jesus also teach unconscious sleep in death.
For Example: Psalms 6:5; Psalms 13:3; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 and Ecclesiastes 9:5.

At first, Adam was Not alive until his God breathed the ' breath of life ' into life-less Adam - Genesis 2:7.
At death mortal Adam became a dead soul, or a lifeless person.
Adam went from non-life, to life, and ' returned ' back to non-life as per Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not return to a place he never was before, so Adam returned back to dust where he started.
There was No post-mortem penalty for Adam, and there is none for anyone else.
The wicked will simply be ' destroyed forever ' as per Psalms 92:7.

The only HOPE for the dead is by Jesus' resurrecting the dead - Revelation 1:18.
Some resurrected to heaven to serve with Jesus as per Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10.
Most people to have a healthy physical resurrection back to live life on Earth.
ALL the people Jesus resurrected had a healthy physical resurrection.
Jesus was giving us a small preview, or a coming attraction of what he will again be doing, but this time on a grand-global scale during his 1,000-year reign over Earth.
That is why Jesus promised humble meek people will inherit the Earth at Matthew 5:5. - Psalms 37:9-11.
This resurrection takes place during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
That is also why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

Dave Watchman

Sheesh, a housewife. Who needs science and the bible when you got a housewife

That's what i say too.

"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.​

Oh and cute image, pity its not 3D. Try placing a sheet over your face and mark out the main points, looks more like the image below than a photo

30717_34083e0f8f1be757e079ac2804e20c01.jpeg

That looks gross. It makes me sick to look at it. That doesn't make me think of the shroud at all. I don't think they could make the shroud if they tried. A fake would be spotted a mile away.

Edit : later findings than your 2014 google search

“The BPA of blood visible on the frontal side of the chest (the lance wound) shows that the shroud represents the bleeding in a realistic manner for a standing position while the stains at the back—of a supposed post-mortem bleeding from the same wound for a supine corpse—are totally unrealistic.”
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi...er-study-carbon-dating-debunked-a8450101.html

I saw that from 2018 in the news. It's very weak. Those guys are not going to reproduce real human blood spatter from the use of manikins.

Sorry, but all of the other ancillary evidence combined cannot be refuted by this so called forensic "science" paper.

9 reasons Shroud of Turin is the real deal (2018)

1. Last summer, researchers from the Institute of Crystallography said they experimented with blood serum extracted from the cloth that suggests the person was suffering before death. They concluded it was the funeral fabric of a tortured man. Researchers there said these particles, called “nanoparticles,” were a “peculiar structure, size and distribution,” according to University of Padua professor Giulio Fanti. Tests on the nanoparticles reveal that they are not typical of the blood found in a healthy person. Instead, they show high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin. Both are found in patients who suffer severe and forceful traumas such as torture.
“Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud,” Fanti said.

Fanti said the latest discovery debunks the age-old claim that someone simply painted the image on the shroud. The characteristics of these nanoparticles “cannot be artifacts made over the centuries on the fabric of the shroud,” he said.

“These findings could only be revealed by the methods recently developed in the field of electron microscopy,” said Carlino.

He said the research marked the first study of “the nanoscale properties of a pristine fiber taken from the Turin Shroud.”

2. In 2013, scientific tests on the Shroud of Turin, which went on display in a special TV appearance introduced by the pope, dated the cloth to ancient times, challenging earlier experiments dating it only to the Middle Ages.

Scientists at the University of Padua in northern Italy, tested fibers from the relic and dated it between 300 B.C. and A.D. 400, which includes the era of Jesus.

3. Even the blood type found on the cloth has been identified as the rare AB, representing less than 3 percent of the population. Interestingly, another artifact associated with the shroud, known as the Sudarium of Oviedo in Spain, is another linen cloth – 34 inches by 21 inches – a kind of handkerchief that legend said was used to cover Jesus’ head after the crucifixion. The blood type in the Sudarium has also been found to be AB.

4. A 2015 study of the pollens found in the shroud found 28 of them grown in Israel, with 20 of them in Jerusalem and eight nearby. Of the 28 plants, 27 are in bloom in March and April, the most likely time of the Passover. Half of the pollens are found only in the Middle East and never in Europe – virtually ruling out a medieval forgery on the continent.

5. Perhaps most fascinating is that the image on the cloth is not a stain. It is not painted on. It is not burned on. Somehow it was seared on to the cloth with a technology no one has yet to determine. Scientists in the 21st century have been unable even to reproduce it. It appears to have been caused by a burst of radiation.

Italian scientist Paolo DiLazzaro tried for five years to replicate the image and concluded that it was produced by ultraviolet light, but the ultraviolet light necessary to reproduce the image exceeds the maximum power released by all ultraviolet light sources available today. The time for such a burst “would be shorter than one 40-billionth of a second, and the intensity of the ultraviolet light would have to be around several billion watts.”

6. The image of the man on the shroud can be read by 3D imaging technology, something that can’t be done with paintings. The image on the shroud is also only a few fibers deep.

7. Despite traditions in artwork and movies, the image of the shroud shows the nail marks at the bottom of the hand into the wrist. Only recently has modern science determined nails through the middle of the hands would be insufficient to hold a man’s weight on the cross because the nail would tear through the tissues of this hands.

8. There are about 100 whip lacerations on the victim’s back that match the flagrums of the first-century Romans for scourging.

9. There is even evidence of what appears to be spear wound – consistent with what is described in John 19:34.

WND » 9 reasons Shroud of Turin is the real deal » Print

It would be easier to get the real burial cloth of Christ than to fake this thing. The cloth had the correct pollen. The image can be read by 3D imaging technology, which can't be done with paintings. There's no doubt in my mind that this is not a manufactured fake of some kind, but at the same time, unless it begins to glow in a strange white light, or demonstrates healing capabilities, it's not going to prove to the atheists that the Christ has risen.

ChristineM

Premium Member
That's what i say too.

"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.​

That looks gross. It makes me sick to look at it. That doesn't make me think of the shroud at all. I don't think they could make the shroud if they tried. A fake would be spotted a mile away.

I saw that from 2018 in the news. It's very weak. Those guys are not going to reproduce real human blood spatter from the use of manikins.

Sorry, but all of the other ancillary evidence combined cannot be refuted by this so called forensic "science" paper.

1. Last summer, researchers from the Institute of Crystallography said they experimented with blood serum extracted from the cloth that suggests the person was suffering before death. They concluded it was the funeral fabric of a tortured man. Researchers there said these particles, called “nanoparticles,” were a “peculiar structure, size and distribution,” according to University of Padua professor Giulio Fanti. Tests on the nanoparticles reveal that they are not typical of the blood found in a healthy person. Instead, they show high levels of substances called creatinine and ferritin. Both are found in patients who suffer severe and forceful traumas such as torture.
“Hence, the presence of these biological nanoparticles found during our experiments point to a violent death for the man wrapped in the Turin Shroud,” Fanti said.

Fanti said the latest discovery debunks the age-old claim that someone simply painted the image on the shroud. The characteristics of these nanoparticles “cannot be artifacts made over the centuries on the fabric of the shroud,” he said.

“These findings could only be revealed by the methods recently developed in the field of electron microscopy,” said Carlino.

He said the research marked the first study of “the nanoscale properties of a pristine fiber taken from the Turin Shroud.”

2. In 2013, scientific tests on the Shroud of Turin, which went on display in a special TV appearance introduced by the pope, dated the cloth to ancient times, challenging earlier experiments dating it only to the Middle Ages.

Scientists at the University of Padua in northern Italy, tested fibers from the relic and dated it between 300 B.C. and A.D. 400, which includes the era of Jesus.

3. Even the blood type found on the cloth has been identified as the rare AB, representing less than 3 percent of the population. Interestingly, another artifact associated with the shroud, known as the Sudarium of Oviedo in Spain, is another linen cloth – 34 inches by 21 inches – a kind of handkerchief that legend said was used to cover Jesus’ head after the crucifixion. The blood type in the Sudarium has also been found to be AB.

4. A 2015 study of the pollens found in the shroud found 28 of them grown in Israel, with 20 of them in Jerusalem and eight nearby. Of the 28 plants, 27 are in bloom in March and April, the most likely time of the Passover. Half of the pollens are found only in the Middle East and never in Europe – virtually ruling out a medieval forgery on the continent.

5. Perhaps most fascinating is that the image on the cloth is not a stain. It is not painted on. It is not burned on. Somehow it was seared on to the cloth with a technology no one has yet to determine. Scientists in the 21st century have been unable even to reproduce it. It appears to have been caused by a burst of radiation.

Italian scientist Paolo DiLazzaro tried for five years to replicate the image and concluded that it was produced by ultraviolet light, but the ultraviolet light necessary to reproduce the image exceeds the maximum power released by all ultraviolet light sources available today. The time for such a burst “would be shorter than one 40-billionth of a second, and the intensity of the ultraviolet light would have to be around several billion watts.”

6. The image of the man on the shroud can be read by 3D imaging technology, something that can’t be done with paintings. The image on the shroud is also only a few fibers deep.

7. Despite traditions in artwork and movies, the image of the shroud shows the nail marks at the bottom of the hand into the wrist. Only recently has modern science determined nails through the middle of the hands would be insufficient to hold a man’s weight on the cross because the nail would tear through the tissues of this hands.

8. There are about 100 whip lacerations on the victim’s back that match the flagrums of the first-century Romans for scourging.

9. There is even evidence of what appears to be spear wound – consistent with what is described in John 19:34.

It would be easier to get the real burial cloth of Christ than to fake this thing. The cloth had the correct pollen. The image can be read by 3D imaging technology, which can't be done with paintings. There's no doubt in my mind that this is not a manufactured fake of some kind, but at the same time, unless it begins to glow in a strange white light, or demonstrates healing capabilities, it's not going to prove to the atheists that the Christ has risen.

I dont have time to argue, its midmight here so
That screen shot is how the shroud image would look if it had been draped over a head. The head is not 2 dimensional lime the shroud, but 3d. Trust me on this, it was my profession

As for the rest, science and the bible itself disagrees with you.

Taken few minutes to scan some of these
https://www.google.fr/search?client....0..0.228.2163.0j14j1......0....1.XGdxRenbmME

Audie

Veteran Member
Would that be an "instant of death"?

For it to be in an instant would call for
every cell to be vapourized, imo.

A doctor cannot check pulse and indentify
some "instant" at which point a hypothetical
soul is imagined to leave.

ChristineM

Premium Member
For it to be in an instant would call for
every cell to be vapourized, imo.

A doctor cannot check pulse and indentify
some "instant" at which point a hypothetical
soul is imagined to leave.

Not sure a doctor would be needed if my body was turned to instant plasma soup.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's what i say too.

Id have to see some serious data by respected persons,
done in a formal format.

The above is in typical woo woo format. Now, it may all be
true, but as presented, zero credibility.

Sounds like the 9 reasons Evolution is fake, and the 9
reasons we know there was a world wide flood.

Do you believe there was a flood? That ToE is false?

Audie

Veteran Member
Not sure a doctor would be needed if my body was turned to instant plasma soup.

You must take necessary steps to avoid that. No incorruptible
bone, no ticket to heaven.

You did see what I am sayibg, re death and instant soul departure?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome to the RF forum and wish you the best with your presentation

Below is my personal view. Others following Sanathana Dharma can totally disagree with me. That's fine. It's all a creation anyway. I see this is in the debate section. Lots of stuff to disagree and debate on of course, but I won't participate if others like to do that.

I spend time in India with a Master who was in the line of "Sanathana Dharma" in english translated something like "the eternal religion".

Once I stopped eating and drinking and after quite some time I did go through this so called tunnel of light and I met with My Master. Obviously I did not go through after that. So from this experience I can only speak. In the process of dying it seems that you go through this tunnel of light (which was amazing and wonderful). Then you meet with your Master (being Catholic I guess it will be Jesus). I do like to find out what happens after that, but in the moment I have still other things I decided to do first.

From Sanathana Dharma I learned that "Consciousness", the Indian definition, so not what people in the West think "awareness of stuff around you". The Indian meaning goes much deeper, to the root of existence, from which everything originates (awareness is created from "Consciousness").

So "Consciousness" is the substratum on which this illusion (called maya in Sanathana Dharma) is superimposed, like a movie is superimposed on the screen when you go to the cinema. We are aware that the movie is illusion, though some sometimes forget this and get totally involved in the movie on the screen that even when watching a horror movie they start screaming.

This movie is called illusion. And the same for the world and our body, emotions, mind etc. in Sanathana Dharma this is seen as illusion.

This "Consciousness" though, is amazing. Anything can be created.That is why when you believe in Jesus, you will meet with Jesus when dying I believe. Of course still this is illusion, the same illusion as when you meet with your girlfriend. All is created in the mind, and from there it can take material forms. Depends how hard you work on your creation.

So coming to your question "what happens after death"
I am not this body, nor this mind, nor my emotions. Who am I? Or like Shakespeare said "To Be or Not To Be". I believe only "Consciousness" is real. So there is no dying when seen from this view. When you believe you are the body, there is a lot of dying when you die. A lot of things to let go, a lot of change I believe.

I never remembered my previous lives. So I can not so much be bothered with a future life. What happens after death. Most important to me is to live my life NOW as good as I can. That makes me happy and others also. That's a good goal to me. I do not have much attachment nor interest in this world, so I prefer to communicate with "my God". The one I believe in, so the one that is real to me. Being aware that this is still an illusion. But from all the illusions in this world I find "God" the most interesting illusion. Especially when I experience more and more the wonders that come along with this "God" creation of mine.

I have been reading a scripture called Yoga Vasistha. Reading this I understand now that literally everything is possible. You can become a God yourself. Meaning you can create whatever you want. I am not advanced at all. But I do like the idea. At least for now, I derive happiness from all this. Learn a lot about myself.

So if it is all true, that you can create anything in this life I also believe that it is possible to create something for when you "die".

As an example: Some people do some great inventions and voila the world becomes a much nicer place for future generations. 100 years ago people were living in huts under the ground where I live. Unbelievable. I feel so blessed to be born not 100 years ago. I have a very small and simple house, but at least I am happy not to sleep under the ground.

All this is achieved by people having great ideas and acting on it. So their thoughts became reality.

The same with people who are always whining. They do not become happy. People who are positive they become more happy. Again a creation that works well for yourself as well as for others.

In the same line it must work with belief in God I believe. All is energy, so you create something and it will become real on a subtle level. There is so much more than only the worldly level. So magic might happen when you die. You can create this yourself now in this life. I trusted my Master for the last 30 years and the moment I was close to dying I met with Him and I felt great. For me dying will be great. So I will continue my spiritual quest.

But in the end only "Consciousness" exists and is real. An amazing concept IMO, and I experience this more every day. The sky is the limit. Not to die but to live. When you realize you are this "Consciousness" you will live forever. So there is no death even. So in a way "Nothing happens after this so called `death`", or you can also say "The same that happens now, happens after this so called `death`".

Wish you well with your presentation. This was my view on Sanathana Dharma.
Fantastic. Thank you .

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't hope for an afterlife, I believe in hell and it is much scarier to me than the thought of nothingness. :D
Welcome to the forum. :)
I do not believe that hell is a place but rather it is a state of the soul that is distant from God, so sometimes I worry about the afterlife because I do not feel that close to God. :(

If your religion is Islam and you abide by the Qur'an you should have nothing to worry about. The fact that you are worried shows that you have humility. ;)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm making a Presenation about what happens after Death in different Religions!
I'd be kind of you if you could post your view on what happens after Death and what Religion you are part of!
Thank you and have a nice Day :)
Hi, and welcome to the forum. :)

In short, Baha’is believe that after the physical body dies the soul leaves the body and goes to the spiritual world. How the soul separates and how long it takes for the soul to completely separate from the body has not been clearly delineated, but that is not very important. The important thing is that all souls continue to exist for all of eternity. I am not sure if the following quote refers to all souls, because souls who have turned away from God might continue to do so after they die so they would not progress towards God.

“And now concerning thy question regarding the soul of man and its survival after death. Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure. It will manifest the signs of God and His attributes, and will reveal His loving kindness and bounty.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 155-156

The state and condition of the soul will however differ depending upon whether it was faithful to God or rather lived for selfish desires:

“Thou hast asked Me concerning the nature of the soul. Know, verily, that the soul is a sign of God, a heavenly gem whose reality the most learned of men hath failed to grasp, and whose mystery no mind, however acute, can ever hope to unravel. It is the first among all created things to declare the excellence of its Creator, the first to recognize His glory, to cleave to His truth, and to bow down in adoration before Him. If it be faithful to God, it will reflect His light, and will, eventually, return unto Him. If it fail, however, in its allegiance to its Creator, it will become a victim to self and passion, and will, in the end, sink in their depths.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 158-159

Here is a passage that describes what happens at the moment of death. I am not sure who they that live in error refers to, whether it refers to nonbelievers or evil souls or to both.

“It is clear and evident that all men shall, after their physical death, estimate the worth of their deeds, and realize all that their hands have wrought. I swear by the Day Star that shineth above the horizon of Divine power! They that are the followers of the one true God shall, the moment they depart out of this life, experience such joy and gladness as would be impossible to describe, while they that live in error shall be seized with such fear and trembling, and shall be filled with such consternation, as nothing can exceed. Well is it with him that hath quaffed the choice and incorruptible wine of faith through the gracious favor and the manifold bounties of Him Who is the Lord of all Faiths…” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 169-171

james blunt

so sometimes I worry about the afterlife because I do not feel that close to God. :(

Oh my dear , after and life weren't meant to be adjoined , for an afterlife is suggestive that there is life after death which is not the truth of an unconscious state of existence .

An after existence is precise.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Indeed. And it did help me to understand death. Which is likely why my understanding of death varies so greatly from yours.

Yeah. It helps me not take things for granted. Its more personal experience rather than theological understanding though that helps put things into perspective. I can understand why people believe in the afterlife; but, I dont understand why they need to find evidence to confirm such a belief.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh my dear , after and life weren't meant to be adjoined , for an afterlife is suggestive that there is life after death which is not the truth of an unconscious state of existence .

An after existence is precise.
What I am referring to when I say afterlife is AFTER this physical life.

I believe we will be fully conscious after we die physically since it is not our body that is responsible for consciousness, it is our soul. After the body dies the soul leaves the body and goes to the spiritual world where it takes on a new form made up of elements that exist in that realm. So we get a new spiritual body but we retain the same personality we had in this life and we pick up where we left off in this life. The only difference is that nothing is physical, not our body or our surroundings.

OrtaYol

So the armadillo and the sea stsr have a soul? Else, you know, they
could not operate. (What is operate?)

Yes, I'd imagine they would, probably not the same as ours as I don't believe they are up for judgement.

By operate I mean function in reality. Without the access to our 5 senses that having a body gives us the soul has no way of interacting with anything. It can't see, hear, smell, touch, think.