• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What happened to Christian Science

Riders

There used to be a reading room in my city when I was a kid. Mary Bakker Eddy and all that, did they close down and disappear?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There used to be a reading room in my city when I was a kid. Mary Bakker Eddy and all that, did they close down and disappear?
I'll have to consult Chip the Black Boy.

They all went to Tim and Eric from what I heard.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

There are a couple in Melbourne I walk past pretty regularly. One in the CBD, one just south of the city in St Kilda Rd. Only about a 20 minute walk between the two.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've heard that you don't have to just read books there. They have computer screens for people to read from. They call them the Christian Science monitors.

freelight

Soul Pioneer
Premium Member

We have one in Bend, Oregon. Never been inside one, - I find some of the work fairly coherent spiritual teaching, mainly the metaphysical interpretation of scripture mostly....as most New Thought is.

I'm a graduate from the Divine Science school, which is similar to Christian Science in some of its funamentals, but differs some on some particulars.

Divine Science School (founders Malinda Elliot Cramer, Nona Brook & sisters)

Divine Science Church of the Healing Christ

Christian Science may have influenced or arose concurrent with Divine Science and other schools in the New Thought movement.

~*~*~