• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What god's holy light really is

The Transcended Omniverse

Most people would think that god's holy light within us would be something such as repenting our sins to Jesus and being saved. This is just to name one example which would be a fundamentalist Christian example. They would say that, without god's holy light within us, then our lives are truly empty and we are damned as sinners. This is not god's holy light we need in our lives. God's holy, divine inner light would be our positive emotions. When we feel a profoundly beautiful positive emotion such as from listening to a moving song or being out in nature, we are experiencing the beauty and joy through these positive emotions. Positive emotions are the only way we can experience the joy, beauty, and good value in our lives. It is a light of pure joy, beauty, and goodness we would be experiencing. This experience is what makes our lives joyful, beautiful, good, and worth living for which means that positive emotions are the one and only things that make our lives joyful, beautiful, good, and worth living for. We need this holy light within our conscious being lest our lives be empty and "dead."

Without this holy inner light, we would be completely dead on the inside and that is what would make our lives completely dead. This means that, unfortunately, people who struggle with clinical depression and other mental illnesses that take away their positive emotions are living empty lives. They would either have very little good value in their lives if they only had a small amount of positive emotions or they would be living lives that are in complete darkness and emptiness if they had no positive emotions. This means that even those genius miserable artists who contributed to the world through their works of art were living empty lives regardless of how much they have helped others and contributed to the world. Many people are delusional and believe that their lives can be something beautiful and worth living for with no need for this holy inner light. This is false. Positive emotions are the inner light we need in our lives while negative emotions would be the inner darkness we should avoid. We should also avoid apathy as well since that would be a state of mind where our lives have neither good nor bad value. That is, just a blank, neutral life.

Lastly, if we do live in a spiritual universe where god, souls, and the afterlife exist, then our brains would be like receivers. They pick up on the divine, holy spiritual energy from the heavens. This spiritual energy is received by the brain and puts us into a divine, holy state of mind that is known as a positive emotional state whether that state be a feeling of excitement from the idea of going to the carnival, a feeling of happiness and enjoyment in doing our favorite hobbies, or feeling sexually aroused. This creates a beautiful, heavenly paradise for us here on Earth. But there are factors that can prevent our brains from receiving this holy spiritual energy we need which would be the factors I mentioned earlier such as clinical depression, brain damage to those areas of the brain, and many other factors. It would be like a radio not getting the signal. But if we live in a purely naturalistic universe where there is no god, souls, or afterlives, then positive emotions would be a secular equivalent to the holy inner light we need in our lives. That is, a metaphorical version of the holy inner light. In other words, positive emotions would still be the only things that can make our lives beautiful even in a purely naturalistic universe.

Slogan: "Positive emotions are the inner light or the inner angel, negative emotions are the inner darkness or the inner demon, while having no emotions is the inner void. Values founded upon intellect, morals, higher responsibilities and obligations, and character strength/development would, thus, be the inner void while it can only be our positive emotions that bring the light to our lives and negative emotions that bring the darkness to our lives. Positive emotions are the only mental states where our lives become perceived/experienced as something beautiful. Negative emotions would be mental states where our lives are perceived/experienced as hell, horrible, disgusting, etc. But intellectual mental states would be mental states where we are completely empty and dead on the inside. Thus, intellectual mental states themselves are mental states where we cannot truly perceive/experience any good or bad value in our lives."

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Rather than brains in your image, my understanding relates to the heart. If the heart is closed, as a seed is closed in the ground, the light acts to warm the Earth and help the seed germinate.

When the seed emerges from the ground as the heart opens, then the light will be directly received as joy and so forth.

Electra

Mmm, I would also say that inner light comes from our Will. Feeling like we can change things, do what we want, have control over our lifes ect.'negative' seems to come when we feel like we have no control, can't get out of the situation, can't get what we want. ect, ect.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Positive emotions are the only way we can experience the joy, beauty, and good value in our lives.
Things like joy, happiness, beauty, and values said to be good are temporary and fleeting.
It is a light of pure joy, beauty, and goodness we would be experiencing.
Speak for yourself. I need challenges, obstacles, and I enjoy and ritualized pain. Life isn't just roses and rainbows, pleasure and joy. Life also has lots of suffering, hardships, and it's pretty ugly at times. Why not embrace the whole of life? Light and dark, death and life, pleasure and pain.
This means that, unfortunately, people who struggle with clinical depression and other mental illnesses that take away their positive emotions are living empty lives.
Do take this personally, as that is a nasty and horrible attitude to have:
**** you too.
I have GAD and MDD, yet my life isn't empty. I have Asperger's/Autism, but my life is not without value because I don't experience or understand all the emotional stuff neurotypicals do. I've also had knee problems my whole life, and though I've been in chronic pain since elementary school, it's not made my life empty and occasionally I bear with the pain and put up with it to enjoy my life.

The Transcended Omniverse

Things like joy, happiness, beauty, and values said to be good are temporary and fleeting.

Speak for yourself. I need challenges, obstacles, and I enjoy and ritualized pain. Life isn't just roses and rainbows, pleasure and joy. Life also has lots of suffering, hardships, and it's pretty ugly at times. Why not embrace the whole of life? Light and dark, death and life, pleasure and pain.

Do take this personally, as that is a nasty and horrible attitude to have:
**** you too.
I have GAD and MDD, yet my life isn't empty. I have Asperger's/Autism, but my life is not without value because I don't experience or understand all the emotional stuff neurotypicals do. I've also had knee problems my whole life, and though I've been in chronic pain since elementary school, it's not made my life empty and occasionally I bear with the pain and put up with it to enjoy my life.

You are getting the wrong idea about me. My intention was not to insult and offend others. Rather, what I am trying to say here is that positive emotions really are a state of mind where our brains are getting the message that things, moments, and situations are good and beautiful. As long as we are not feeling any positive emotion, then our brains are not getting that message. This means we cannot truly perceive things as good and beautiful in our lives without that chemical message telling us that things are good and beautiful.

Our moral and intellectual based values (i.e. thoughts, beliefs, and mindsets themselves of our lives being good and beautiful through things such as the helping of others despite having depression and misery in our lives) cannot be this message to our brains. It would be no different than how you cannot have any physical pain message to your brain as long as you are not feeling physical pain. Just thinking to yourself and believing "Ouch, that really hurts" when you are not feeling any pain wouldn't allow you to have that pain message to your brain as long as said thought/belief did not make you feel any pain. We might fool ourselves into believing otherwise, but this is nothing more than just a false belief.

It is just our human nature to delude ourselves. Many people delude themselves from the cruel, hard truth that we just don't like to hear. The truth is, values founded upon morals and intellect such as the helping of others during our worst times are not real values. They, themselves, do not give our lives any real value. It is only our emotions that give our lives value since they are what allow us to truly perceive value in our lives. Unfortunately, positive emotions are very fleeting things.

This means that the good value, joy, worth, and beauty of our lives is also something fleeting. But positive emotions are all we have though to give our lives these good values. The stronger and more profound the chemical feel-good message is to your brain, the more beautiful value your life has due to your brain getting a stronger and more profound message of beautiful value. Drugs would do this, but I would never do drugs and nor would I recommend doing drugs. Lastly, since positive emotions are the message that tells us that things are good and since negative emotions are the message that tells us that things are bad, then intellect and morals would have to be a message of neither good nor bad value since there is good, bad, and neutral (no value).

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In mystical Hindu teachings, inner light is exactly that ... inner light. So it's literal. During deep meditation, first a moonglow haze happens (in a darkened room) and slowly over many years and meditations, the light grows brighter, until it fills the entire cranium. Flashes of light and colours dancing like the Aurora also occur. often just before going into sleep, or just before awakening, in that transitory period.

All the other stuff about heart, emotions, etc. are secondary to the aspirant trying to identify, or soar within into that light.