• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What gets you back on track?

Syzygy

I try once again to master the salat if it's near prayer time. Otherwise I read the Qur'an. Going to Soul Desires really helps, too, to be honest. I'm not kidding, either! It's really that good of a bookstore.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
I've kind of been falling short again...and then I got this burning desire to paint! It's the strangest thing, I dont even paint usually... well not since middle school.... I think this may help me. Is there anything else that helps you?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Buttons* said:
I've kind of been falling short again...and then I got this burning desire to paint! It's the strangest thing, I dont even paint usually... well not since middle school.... I think this may help me. Is there anything else that helps you?

Painting is a lot of fun! It helps me as well....I love doing little kids crafts (playing with playdoo, finger and toe painting, etc). This really helps me get back to focus and having fun, instead of stressing out about everything.

jacquie4000

Many things can make me more spirtual. A conversation with friends and their life experiances, a good book. An emotional movie. A certain song that comes on the radio. Many things in life can touch me so to speak.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
jacquie4000 said:
Many things can make more more spirtual. A conversation with friends and their life experiances, a good book. An emotional movie. A certain song that comes on the radio. Many things in life can touch me so to speak.
me too :)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
My family. :)
Just looking into my wifes eyes. Seeing Dominic smile. Hearing Jovan call me papi. Hearing Sonia google.

Arabis

see me run
Recommiting myself to my spriritual beliefs. I pray, read scriptures, study what church leaders have taught, read or talk about spiritual experiances usually with my husband. My husband and children remind me of what I am doing and what I am supposed to be doing better. My husband is my support to help me stay spiritual. My spirituality is what balances my life with the every day things.

TurkeyOnRye

Buttons* said:
For those of us who are spiritual, if you're down, what gets you back into that spiritual swing?

For me, it's taking time to slow down and smell the roses, meditate, watch a lightening storm, and read a little TTC or Gnostic Gospels.

Sometimes even having a slightly spiritual conversation will spark it. Somtimes it comes from apparently no where at all!!!

I know that people go through droughts and highs all the time, and it's natural for both to occur. But I just wondered what helps others. :)
I try to empty all thoughts from my head and remember that I always have 'this' moment.