• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What get you mad?

I think many different things get me mad. Depends what it is. Its not just one thing. But all of it pertains to things that are what i consider evil.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
1. Incompetent car dealership. Remedy, dont pay the bill and do the job yourself.
2. Things that are supposed to work and dont
3. Poor communicators
4. Religious fundamentalism

Do you mad at it because you can not chnage the outcome? or because you feel others doing stupid things?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Not much any more. I can't remember the last time. I have gotten fake angry to make a point. Sometimes one has to pretend to be at a certain level just to be able to communicate with others at that level.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
Very true, and i agree with you

Everyone deals with things differently. Some people start shouting & throwing things around, that doesn't work for me, as it just puts fuel on the fire. I try to talk thinks out with people, and then make sure I have time for personal reflection and ask myself what I would have done different next time. Have lost my temper once in the last 50 years

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Everyone deals with things differently. Some people start shouting & throwing things around, that doesn't work for me, as it just puts fuel on the fire. I try to talk thinks out with people, and then make sure I have time for personal reflection and ask myself what I would have done different next time. Have lost my temper once in the last 50 years

To lose temper one time in 50 years is really good :) personally i have not gotten mad or angry for 3 years now, no need to raise voice for things that are in the past :)

Trackdayguy

To lose temper one time in 50 years is really good :) personally i have not gotten mad or angry for 3 years now, no need to raise voice for things that are in the past :)

Maybe, believe me it was not good, police - court, not good at all.....

Shadow Link

I like Tupper's expression on anger...

Anger is a noble infirmity; the generous failing of the just; the one degree that riseth above zeal, asserting the prerogative of virtue. ~ Martin Tupper

Trackdayguy

I have found that self examination, taking responsibility and forgiveness the 3 main ingredients that empower people to avoid outbursts of anger

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One more thing, is taking control of one's thought life and resisting the temptation to have destructive conversations with one's self.

Yes it does, personally i have practiced insight meditation for 20 years and this ends the "monkey mind" where mind is constant full of thoughts that is not needed.

Audie

Veteran Member
Anger is a natural emotion, as much so
as any other.

There is nothing "wrong" with anger.

Attempts to deny or eradicate any of the
innate, nstural emotions / needs of the
human mind are foolish, bound to backfire.

See "priest sex abuse" for further info.

Self indulgence is easy, self control
is hard. It takes maturity and understanding.

In few words, self indulgence is, "I know it is
wrong, but I am going to do it anyway."
(Because I fee l like it)

That goes for indulging in greed, malice, envy,
blah and etc.

The mature person does not pretend he does
not have normal human emotions.

He understands that emotions are to be
harnessed, and used to give strength to
doing what is right.

A mother's love, to power her sleepless nights
tending to those who need her.
Her envy of others, to imoroving hrrself.

A man whose hatred and rage toward the
enemy who has done harm, to the capture
and punishment of the guilty.

Self indulgencehas no proper place there.

Self indulgence also has a more subtle
and insidious form than just the "do it
anyway" thing.

Self indulgencr includes indulging in the perceived truth and value
of what one chooses to think.

See "fundy" for that.

Indulging includes denying emotions, just as it
does satisfying every urge.

Anyone who thinks he is wonderful and doing
the right thing by stifling normal human behaviour
in the name of some ideology or some petfect
blissful state they hope to enjoy (indulge in)
is not merely indulging in their own ego, but
a d----d fool besides.

Audie

Veteran Member
One more thing, is taking control of one's thought life and resisting the temptation to have destructive conversations with one's self.

Close. Turning those thoughts to productive ends is the trick.

You just "resist" here, it will pop up there.

(Ask a smoker who is trying to resist!)