• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What favorite breakfast food?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
A nice, simple gyeran bap with kimchi and ham on the side is hard to beat. It's quick, easy, and hits the spot. :D

2.png

MatthewA

I like a very creamy yolk. :) There's a Japanese breakfast dish called onsen tamago or hot springs egg which has a poached egg in a broth and it's also very good!
The breakfast parfait I do is usually cereals of some kind (either granola quinoa oats or others) and fruit layered with plain yogurt.
eb339f7a-99bb-44e9-a729-d9788759659a.jpg

Yogurt on its own though, my favorite flavor is peach. :)

Thank you for explaining that more to me, DigitalArist.

Oatmeal, enhanced ... one sliced banana, handful (half a cup) of saskatoons, tablespoon of chopped almonds or grated coconut, lotsa cinnamon or cardamom, and yoghurt, 1/3 cup. All cooked together, no raw stuff.

What is enhanced oatmeal Vinyaka? Sounds interesting. Saskatoons? Never heard of that, but sounds like maybe the enhancing is actually adding all of these ingredients. Thank you for the recipe.

I have one son who specializes in granola, sour dough bread, and lasagna.
I have a second son who specializes in lox, chicken wings, martinis, and bourbon.
I was hoping that my third son would buy a vineyard, but, alas, ...

And, no, I did not teach then the skills mentioned above.

Plain yogurt with honey when eaten with granola.
Plain labneh with zatar when eaten with laffa.

(On a hot day, mango lassi is nice.)

Jay, what an extensive family you have in your 3 sons. Thank you for sharing, what is mango lassi? A smoothie :O?

Most mornings just coffee.
However I like breakfast, and often eat it for lunch on weekends.

Granola with Greek yoghurt.
Poached eggs with avocado, maybe some pan- fried haloumi and mushrooms.

They're a couple of typical choices. With coffee, maybe orange juice as well if it's fresh.

Thank you for sharing with me, Lewis. Anything specific of the breakfast you like the best?

Poached eggs, those are okay, have only made them in boiling water, the water is so bland and it really makes the eggs gross imo, maybe should try cooking in something else, bacon grease is always helphul.

What is haloumi?

Two over hard. I mean HARD! We're talkin' macho man here.

That is very hard, WalterTrull.

MatthewA

A nice, simple gyeran bap with kimchi and ham on the side is hard to beat. It's quick, easy, and hits the spot. :D

2.png

SR: Those ggs look good. What is gveran bap,?

I either have a bowl of pongal or a bowl of vegetable upma.

What is pongal, and what upma, SI?

Chicken biscuit and hash browns is one of my favorites

Hash browns are delicious; do you make them homemade by chance? Chicken biscuits are also enjoyable to each once in a while. Chicken is always yummy if cooked right, though not much a fan of boned chicken.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What is pongal, and what upma, SI?

Pongal and upma are south Indian breakfast dishes. Pongal is made from seasoned lentils and rice. Upma is thick porridge made from seasoned dry roasted semolina.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Fried eggs over easy with my made from scratch hash browns. Better than you can get in almost any restaurant (I blame the one restaurant that do make their own from scratch for my addiction). If you have some very good quality salsa your are all set.

And as a further note:

Real Greek yogurt is always more expensive than regular yogurt because they take yogurt and then hang it in cheese cloth so that the whey flows out. The remaining yogurt is concentrated. If you read the ingredients label and it has gums, food starch, or other thickeners it is not a true Greek yogurt.

MatthewA

That sounds very exotic, SI; thank you for explaining. Someone else mentioned porridge in here earlier, do not believe I have ever had anything but oatmeal is that the same thing>?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sometimes I like yogurt and fruit (typically berries). Sometimes I like pancakes (with maple syrup) and sausage. I also like the chocolate Special K cereal. Sometimes eggs and toast (used to do butter, but now peanut butter after discovering the peanut butter thingy machine at Winco). Sausage gravy and with Southern style biscuits is another favorite.
But my utmost favorite is bacon, eggs, toast, hash browns, a cup of yogurt, a sweet pastry (usually a croissant with cherries and cherry filling), and a big glass of orange juice. I don't eat that often though, lol. Usually special occasions or having a long day ahead of me.
I'm also fond of just a filling and somewhat large breakfast in general because then I eat less throughout the day.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What is enhanced oatmeal Vinyaka? Sounds interesting. Saskatoons? Never heard of that, but sounds like maybe the enhancing is actually adding all of these ingredients. Thank you for the recipe.

Amelanchier alnifolia - Wikipedia Colloquially, saskatoon. We have a tree in our backyard. They're easy to freeze, and bag. On the right year I can get free buckets of them from the back roads of my childhood. Check out the nutritional value.

Yes, enhanced is just what I add. I also add home-dried apples or pears. I'm a cheapskate so when free food comes my way, I engage it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Do you enjoy; maybe it just a single food; or a course meal of breakfast.

Will you share what some of your very own favorite breakfast food(s) are?; regardless if it just a type of cereal, pop-tarts; or whatever you like to eat in the morning time.
I do not have a certain food i eat at breakfast, but i do most often have a cup of coffee.

74x12

Will you share what some of your very own favorite breakfast food(s) are?; regardless if it just a type of cereal, pop-tarts; or whatever you like to eat in the morning time.
I don't usually eat breakfast but if you're asking my favorite ... I can't decide between waffles, pancakes or a good breakfast burrito.

Viker

Häxan
Bacon, sausage, ham, cheese and eggs with toast and orange juice. Just had it.

Almost forgot. A giant mug of coffee, black only.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Bread and boiled egg with tea.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Secret Chief: Porridge? What kind; really what is porridge I need to look it up :p
You do! It is a hot breakfast dish basically made from milk and rolled oats. Beyond that it can be tweaked as you like. I use plant milk, add some flax seeds and sweeten with golden syrup. (Originally Scottish I think)

Marmalade, what is that? Is it like Jelly ?
It is a fruit preserve made from citrus fruits, traditionally bitter Seville oranges. Are you American? - jelly is called jam in the UK - marmalade is like jam/jelly but less sweet.

What is muesli?

Like granola but less sweet/sugar. It is a cold oatmeal breakfast dish and includes ingredients such as grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruits. Milk or yoghurt is added to it, and usually fresh fruit. (Originally Swiss I think)

What type of yogurt do you enjoy the best?

Greek style (ie thick set), plain soya.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That sounds very exotic, SI; thank you for explaining. Someone else mentioned porridge in here earlier, do not believe I have ever had anything but oatmeal is that the same thing>?

Oatmeal is a type of porridge, yes, but oatmeal is oat based, while semolina is wheat based.

Oatmeal, if not eaten plain, in my experience is sweetened, while the upma and pongal I eat for breakfast are made with spices and would be considered savory.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
@MatthewA

All gyeran bap is is eggs over white rice with soy sauce, sesame oil, spring onions, sesame seeds, and seasoning to taste (I throw some MSG on for extra flavor, too).

Nothing fancy at all! Eggs over rice is nice when you break the yoke and it mixes with the rice - kind of like dipping your toast into the yoke of a sunny side up egg. The kimchi is great on the side cause it just brightens everything up. :D