• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What exactly is feminism and why do some oppose it?

Cherub786

So one ******* is enough to discredit transgender people as a whole?
I’ve worked with the public. I have a plethora of horror stories about human nature if you like. And I certainly don’t want to be associated with the disgusting things I’ve witnessed straight cis women do.
And most predators won’t care about stick figures on the doors.
I need something more logical than one jerk being a jerk. Because guess what? Many predators can also take advantage of babysitting gigs. Guess we should ban all nannies because of some predatory *******. Right?
The line of reasoning just seems rather illogical to me.

I'm not attempting to discredit transgender people as individuals. I am critical of a political movement, which I refer to as, for lack of a better alternative, the transgender movement. And I am not alone in my criticism of this movement, the most prominent element that likewise criticizes them (for many but not all of the same reasons as I do) are feminists, derisively called TERFs.

We both agree on this fundamental principle: the legal status as male or female must be determined by the biological sex someone was assigned to at birth. Is that really such a scandalous, controversial idea?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not attempting to discredit transgender people as individuals. I am critical of a political movement, which I refer to as, for lack of a better alternative, the transgender movement. And I am not alone in my criticism of this movement, the most prominent element that likewise criticizes them (for many but not all of the same reasons as I do) are feminists, derisively called TERFs.
People said the same for gay rights activists back in the day.
I’m not saying the “political movement” as you put it, is above criticism. But you are relying on emotional rhetoric, if I may say.
So if you please, give me a logical, reasonable, rational argument for baring trans individuals from going into the public bathrooms of the sex they have identified as. I mean I’ve likely already shared a bathroom with trans individuals without even realising it.
We both agree on this fundamental principle: the legal status as male or female must be determined by the biological sex someone was assigned to at birth. Is that really such a scandalous, controversial idea?
I don’t. Necessarily. What if someone is born with Swyer syndrome? Or born a hermaphrodite? Or intersex?
Is their sex status left blank?

Cherub786

People said the same for gay rights activists back in the day.
I’m not saying the “political movement” as you put it, is above criticism. But you are relying on emotional rhetoric, if I may say.
So if you please, give me a logical, reasonable, rational argument for baring trans individuals from going into the public bathrooms of the sex they have identified as. I mean I’ve likely already shared a bathroom with trans individuals without even realising it.

I don’t. Necessarily. What if someone is born with Swyer syndrome? Or born a hermaphrodite? Or intersex?
Is their sex status left blank?

"Back in the day"? Wow you are really making me feel old, as I consider myself a critic of that movement too.

The public bathroom debate really is emotional because you have to take into account the feelings of women and girls, who are being directly effected by it. At the basic level, the very segregation of male and female for public bathrooms is a reflection of - what you refer to as - "emotional rhetoric"

I suspect a majority of them don't want biological males entering into female public bathrooms. As a male, I rarely use the public bathroom, but evidently, women have developed an entire culture around the public bathroom. I mean typically, a man goes into the public bathroom, does his business, washes his hands, and then promptly leaves. Apparently, the female public bathroom has a lot more activity than that going on inside.

So really, it is the female population that needs to be properly consulted on this issue of public bathrooms, their emotions and feelings have to be taken into account for sure.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Guys, just another reminder this isn't in a debate section. Stating your view is fine, but back and forth rebuttals isn't for this section.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
"Back in the day"? Wow you are really making me feel old, as I consider myself a critic of that movement too.

The public bathroom debate really is emotional because you have to take into account the feelings of women and girls, who are being directly effected by it. At the basic level, the very segregation of male and female for public bathrooms is a reflection of - what you refer to as - "emotional rhetoric"

I suspect a majority of them don't want biological males entering into female public bathrooms. As a male, I rarely use the public bathroom, but evidently, women have developed an entire culture around the public bathroom. I mean typically, a man goes into the public bathroom, does his business, washes his hands, and then promptly leaves. Apparently, the female public bathroom has a lot more activity than that going on inside.

So really, it is the female population that needs to be properly consulted on this issue of public bathrooms, their emotions and feelings have to be taken into account for sure.
I am female and I have no issue with it. I mean granted I’m not a spokesperson for the entirety of my sex. But I have seen trans males and I would rather have them go to the men’s. If I were to be picky because they present as male. Like my guy, would you prefer women share the bathroom with a muscular bearded trans male?

(Actually some of those trans models are pretty attractive ngl.)

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Guys, just another reminder this isn't in a debate section. Stating your view is fine, but back and forth rebuttals isn't for this section.
upload_2020-7-23_15-46-3.gif

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I admire your self-control abilities.

I'm finally in the process of mastering this art at 43... I'm a late bloomer. :)
You're just a child.
Adulthood is still 7 years away.
This is why we pat you on the head, & smile.
But you're so well behaved that I'll let you linger on me lawn.