• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What exactly is an Angel?

What exactly is an Angel?

• Total voters

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Angels are beings created by God. They are messengers of God. We can not look upon the Lord and live so He created Angels to communicate to people. In fact, the angel means messenger.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
They are spirit beings who fullfil various tasks, such as keeping watch over the Akashic Records. Most of them will aid or give use guidance when requested.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
My church, if you press hard and delve deep, teaches of a highly complex Hierarchy of Angel each with his own rank, class and duties.
This all goes quickly by me.....
I see Angels as messengers of God, essentially spirit, but who can take human form.
They can help, lead,Teach and do God's bidding.
I am sure we would be totally unaware of an Angle unless he wanted us to be sure of his presence.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
My church, if you press hard and delve deep, teaches of a highly complex Hierarchy of Angel each with his own rank, class and duties.
This all goes quickly by me.....
I see Angels as messengers of God, essentially spirit, but who can take human form.
They can help, lead,Teach and do God's bidding.
I am sure we would be totally unaware of an Angle unless he wanted us to be sure of his presence.

That's the way I see them; souls who have "proved their worth" and act as God's "helpers"........

logician

According to Xian myth, isn't satan a fallen angel? How could an omnipotent god not control his own underlings?

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
An angel is another form of being that does not usually reside in this plane of existance.

Pariah

Let go
An invisible spirit in Christian, Judaic, and Islamic mythology who protects followers of the Abrahamic God, delivers messages from said deity, and no biology to identify it as male or female.

cardero

Citizen Mod
They are helpers. If YOU want to get in to a discussion about angels, it would BE easier for YOU to disconnect YOURself from the way they have been depicted by artists and writers historically. It would also BE wise to UNDERSTAND that angels (helpers) are not confined to any ONE realm. YOU have angels in the physical realm willing to work, willing to help, willing to do good work. Some are just REMEMBERING this. Some have not been seen but still bestow blessings on those in need. Look around you. If you are patient and receptive, you may notice them or BE touched by ONE. They are not to BE worshipped; they are entities like YOU or anyone else.

HELLO IT'S ME: An Interview With GOD
Chapter: Life After Death or Living On An Angel's Wages
Pg: 105, 106

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

It says in the Baha'i scriptures:

“And now, concerning His words: ‘And He shall send His angels….’ By ‘angels is meant those who, reinforced by the power of the spirit, have consumed, with the fire of the love of God, all human traits and limitations, and have clothed themselves with the attributes of the most exalted Beings….”

-- The Book of Certitude, pp. 78-79.

Thus angels are people who have become completely spiritual!

Best, :)

Bruce

JayHawes

Angels take many forms. The word Angel, ma'lak (OT), aggelos (NT), means messanger, one who is sent. The title angel is acsribed to the beings we know to be sent from God (ie. Michael, Gabriel, Uriel, ect). These being also take on human form, as in the situation in Sodom and Gommorah, and Lot. Angels can take on the form of man, yet being sinless. Some though did not remain sinless, and slept with women, and were punished forever. Angels are ministering spirits, and they dwell with men. Others have certain jobs that God has appointed them over. Several manuscripts mention these in detail. Angels influence mankind and look over them, they also deliever messages to mankind such as in the case of the Birth of Jesus, or maybe even the visit of Gabriel to Moses. Angels are not just in heaven, they walk this earth, and we have no idea if we have an angel in our company. They are spiritual beings made of fire. Not literal fire, but a fire of heaven, their body is glorifed, and not made of flesh and bones. The title angel can also be escribed to a man, although in a different degree. We are not as angels but can function in a degree to they. Angels watch and look after, so can we. We do this as pastoring a local assembly. Hence the words "Angel of the Church."

Sonic247

Angels are diffrent then people when it comes to their relationship with God, they know there is a God, even the demons. When Jesus came they knew who he was, they saw him and would cry out "What have we to do with thee Jesus thou Son of God." But an angel does not know what it means to be redeemed, the fallen angels are destined for destruction, but a person has a redeemer.