• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What effect does religion have on your life?

What effect does religion have on your life

• positive

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • negative

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • neither

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • something different

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't care

• oh please not another poll

• Total voters

idea

Question Everything
negative. yes, there are positives, but the negatives outweigh it. Anti-science, political manipulation, sexist, racist, anti-LGBTQ, not paying taxes (churches are businesses, should not be tax exempt)... religious people in family get used - their time/$/resources are taken from them... not so good.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
negative. yes, there are positives, but the negatives outweigh it. Anti-science, political manipulation, sexist, racist, anti-LGBTQ, not paying taxes (churches are businesses, should not be tax exempt)... religious people in family get used - their time/$/resources are taken from them... not so good.
*USEFUL*

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Religion in general is worldwide. One doesn't have to be religious for religion to effect their life.

Regarding your life, does religion have an effect on your life.

Hopefully I included enough choices lol
I think you need an option that says both positive and negative since it can be a mixed bag for some of us...
I voted Positive since it is generally positive, but then I saw what @Valjean said: Keeps me typing away for hours on RF.
It also keeps me typing away for hours on RF, and that is both a positive and a negative. The positive is that I get to meet and talk to all kinds of people I like, but the negative is that it is very time-consuming so I hardly have time for anything else. On the other hand a positive is that it gets me out of doing housework. :D

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I don't currently participate in any religious activities, although I want to. The majority form of religion in the US (evangelical Christianity) right now leaves me cold, so it would be a minority form, if I were to pick one. Mainline Christianity is a possibility, but I am trying to figure out what "other" Christian forms are. Anyone know?
As far as how other religions affect my life, I am not LGBT, poor, sick, a minority, etc, so it doesn't directly, but I don't like how some people want the country to run by their specific religious beliefs, which affects the above mentioned people. Jesus said to serve the least and these "Christians" are hurting the least.
You may want to check out Catholicism in some form - it's not evangelical Christianity.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You may want to check out Catholicism in some form - it's not evangelical Christianity.
I did and I really like it. It just seems...complicated. I am looking for theological simplicity. I have on and off been drawn to Quakerism, however, I do like the rituals and holidays of Catholicism. What to do, what to do? Thanks for the suggestion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I did and I really like it. It just seems...complicated. I am looking for theological simplicity. I have on and off been drawn to Quakerism, however, I do like the rituals and holidays of Catholicism. What to do, what to do? Thanks for the suggestion.
When I attended Friends meeting there was never communion. I missed that. I found that missing in the Church of Christ Scientist also.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I believe I would rather not have you spend my money to tilt at windmills.
The world is in big trouble. Most likely the damage we're causing will be irreversible, and society will suffer massive destruction. If we have any hope at all, we need more critical thinking and less magical thinking.