• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Drags You to Hell?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

islam-and-hell-does-islam-believe-in-hell.jpg

Belief?
Non-belief?
Belief in the wrong God?

I'll tell you what drags me to Hell, wanting to change what I cannot.
No need to wait until the afterlife to experience it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Belief?
Non-belief?
Belief in the wrong God?

This is a very interesting question :)

Do I have a good answer to it? No, probably I don't understand all of what would put a person in Hell..
But it might be if we judge others and condemn them because they are believing differently than ourselves, or it can be if we think we are better than others and make it clear that we believe so..

I would not take my answer here as a fact of how or why someone would end in Hell...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Belief?
Non-belief?
Belief in the wrong God?

Been there, don't like it. I am glad atheiem doesn't have a hell to fo back to

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Belief?
Non-belief?
Belief in the wrong God?
I believe that becoming a victim of self and passion is what lands people in hell. I also believe that committing evil acts like murder and rape will land people in hell, but those are under the umbrella of self and passion.

I do not believe that non-belief lands people in hell although I believe that a confident believer in the one true God will go to heaven.

“Death proffereth unto every confident believer the cup that is life indeed. It bestoweth joy, and is the bearer of gladness. It conferreth the gift of everlasting life.

As to those that have tasted of the fruit of man’s earthly existence, which is the recognition of the one 346 true God, exalted be His glory, their life hereafter is such as We are unable to describe. The knowledge thereof is with God, alone, the Lord of all worlds.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 345-346
That is a really good point and I can testify to it. There are so many things I want to change but cannot change, and it is Hell! The only way I have learned to deal with it is to accept the things I cannot change and learn to live with them as long as I cannot change them, and hope that I might be able to change some of those things eventually, like the wildlife refuge my whole property has become! :eek:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
There are all kinds of hell, whether or not belief is there.

Dozens of times through each and every day I attempt to say something to my wife,

and....she's not there....only the walls hear me....now there's a kind of hell, one can't escape.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I cannot even imagine what you would want to change, you are perfect in my eyes. :D

Your eyes are wonderful, but my eyes know myself only too well. ;)

Kindness to animals is good, I hope you can find a balance there. We have 2 dogs, 5 chickens and 6 new baby chicks. :)

Then we have all the birds my wife throws food our for, there are lots of birds. o_O

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hell is other people. Somebody had to say it.

That is the scapegoat, the greatest hell is not taking responsibility for one's own decisions and actions.

Some do have a case though. As some children are brought up in other people's choices, that are lower animal nature choices.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Kindness to animals is good, I hope you can find a balance there. We have 2 dogs, 5 chickens and 6 new baby chicks. :)
We have 8 indoor cats and one outdoor kitty and I won't tell you how many other outdoor animals we have because your hair would stand on end. Suffice to say what was once residential property has become a bird and wildlife refuge. :eek:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We have 8 indoor cats and one outdoor kitty and I won't tell you how many other outdoor animals we have because your hair would stand on end. Suffice to say what was once residential property has become a bird and wildlife refuge. :eek:

Nothing wrong with that.

I will offer a thought, as I see a danger of sustainability in wildlife populations being upset, if we do not try to find a balance.

We can create a problems with unstainable numbers of birds for instance. Requiring more food than nature can provide. Then on the other hand, there is many individual and wonderful characters in every bird, it is fun watching the way the interact with each other and with the person offering the free feed. :D

At one time we used to raise young joey's that mothers had been killed in the road, or by hunters. We had them all over the house, it got way too much and hygiene becomes an issue. 2 hourly feeds as well.

All the best, Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hell is 20 raccoons on my deck looking in expecting more food and water. :rolleyes: Somebody had to say it.

Other people are a breeze compared to hoards of animals. :eek:

That would be a possum issue here. Possums are not good in homes or roofs!

Best to try to set up places in nature for them. More work though! o_O

Regards Tony

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

You're a Druid and don't even know it ;)