• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What DON'T we know about you?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
CDRaider said:
So what don't we know about you? What is something that you've just never found the opportunity to share but want to let us know?

I regularly attend services at an Episcopal church (though I'm not a communicant).

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
That the distance from the top of my head to my hipbones is only about 2/5 of my body's height. I kind of look like a freak in full-body shots with a top that's separate from my bottoms (you can't really tell in a dress).

My hair moves a lot when I move so outside of prim and proper photographs I kind of look like Cousin IT with long legs.

robtex

Veteran Member
I cannot drive a stickshift. I talk in my sleep. I smoked my first cigarette at the age of 14 but didn't like the feeling so decided i wasn't a smoker. My mother didn't want to have a family but my father did. I don't like to dress up. 20 yrs of martial arts has left my hyper-coordinated and I play coordination games with my body often. I was a really heavy drinker from ages 17-24 but than eventually found life was too busy to fit drinking into my schedule. Now I drink about one drink a month on average. I didn't learn how to talk to girls until I was 23. I am a morning person more than a night person. I am afraid of heights and was I was younger use to use that fear to give myself a natural rush. I hate cold weather. I will probably think of a few more and than turn this into an entry on myspace.

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Started drinking around age 13. Slowed down on drinking around age 24. I was a vandal as a kid. Two of my friends were thrown in juvinile hall for vandalizing a new house. Fortunately, I was playing baseball that night, or I would have been thrown in juvi. I'm paying for my youthful disgressions though. My truck and other things around my house have been frequently vandalized.

Had my first date at age 18. First kiss at age 19. Married at age 20. Still married and our 10 year anniversary is this year. Was typically a very shy person up until around age 25. The first couple of girls I dated asked me out. My wife is the only person I ever asked out. I ultimately came out of my shell due to my job and my wifes outgoing personality. If you met me today, I'm almost considered a loud and obnoxious person even though I probably don't portrait that here.

I was a long distance runner in high school. Ran for cystic fibrosis in high school and ran the longest distance in the shortest time (8 miles in around 1 hours time). Played lineback in football. One of my most memorable games I blocked a punt, forced a fumble, recovered a fumble, had 3 sacks and 5 tackles.

Odd thing you wouldn't know about me. Some friends in high school wrote my first initial followed by my first 4 letters of my last name (T-Bert which is kind of like Q-Bert the video game) all over the school over a period of a few months. It started to become a fad for a while. We had even seen some people that don't even know me write it around school too. Ultimately one of my friends got caught (same one that got thrown in juvi) and had to do the punishment for it. Fortunately the principal never figured out what T-Bert stood for.

ayani

i actually have three siblings in all. two living, one deceased. the formers' names are George Henry and Alice Catherine; the latter's name was Molly Clover.

i am 1/8 Jewish.

i have considered becoming a Catholic nun.
mf_nun.gif

i can read Arabic, but not speak it.

i can't swim, don't know how to wear high heels, ride a bike, or whistle.
whistle.gif

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
That I find most people's viewpoints to be utterly hilarious and an endless source of entertainment.

evearael

I was painfully shy growing up and, like Todd, I came out of my shell because of my beloved. Now I'm very extroverted and love people. :)

I used to write poetry and was bullied by a teacher I adored into publishing it.

Best compliment I've ever recieved: "I would love to draw you," sans clothing.

I love the game Populous for the SNES.

I've cut someone with a katana before.

When my Sensei wanted to go practice Iaido with another Sensei, I was given a chain with a spike to teach myself. I ran through the same sorts of drills that I would do with a bo or any other weapon and began to get bored. So, I decided to try something I saw on Mortal Kombat and whip the chain out. I didn't count on the spike turning around and coming right back at me. I barely dodged. I was a step below black belt at the time so I really should have known better...

My sisters and I used to sing Bohemian Rhapsody at the top of our lungs on long road trips to torture our parents.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Wow, you guys weren't really joking - some interesting, in-depth things and a lot of fun to read!

I'll share a few more serious ones, I suppose.

Best compliment I've received was "You have a smile that makes me want to smile" - about the third sentence my husband ever said to me, the night we met.

I'm terrified of being alone, truly terrified - to a point it's not even realistic. I can drive down a road with no houses and actually cry I'm so worried I'll never come across any again.

Many times I've thrown up because I was too nervous, too ashamed, or too strong of any negative emotion. It's really attractive.

I laugh at everything, at all the worst times. I've fallen over laughing at mosque, at funerals, at weddings, by myself, etc. And it's not nervous laughing, I truly find something hilarious and can't hold it in.

My feet are deformed from wearing high heels my whole life. Even when I stand barefoot, my heels don't touch the ground and it's really uncomfortable to walk.

I can get ready to go out faster than most men. The only extra steps I have compared to them is adding eyeliner, eyeshade, and lip gloss.

Beyond my husband, relatives, and three or four best friends - the biggest loves of my life are an American and an Israeli.

I eat rice with my hands.

I secretly love going to the villages, wearing faded flower-print dresses with crisp, white veils, and walking around in plain, sewn leather shoes. It makes me feel really nice inside.

I rarely say goodbye to my friends. If we're all at a club and I want to leave, I just leave. It's a running joke - where's Mila? Oh, she's gone. I just try never to say the words goodbye.

I smoke at least a pack a day.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
YmirGF said:
That I find most people's viewpoints to be utterly hilarious and an endless source of entertainment.
We knew that. :D

Update: D'oh, should have kept reading, Gracie beat me to it.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
I am very emotionally sensitive. I can't stand to see another person cry, even if they're not real (TV, movies, etc). Especially children, seeing children cry makes me cry.

I am also a compulsive shopper.

FatMan

- I'm not really fat. Technically, from the standards of health, I'm overweight by 10 pounds, but I'm still active in basketball and baseball leagues.

- I went to school with a girl named Jenny Lake. One day I picked up a USA Today and saw a picture with the caption of Lake and it was the spitting image of Jenny. I asked what she did to make the paper and she said that was her sister Rikki. Man did I feel like a fool.

- I once pitched a perfect game in high school, have hit 4 Grand Slams, and once stole the ball from King Rice (in a non-vandal type of way)

- I once ate a beetle, a pigeon, and a turtle in a single sitting in china and didn't even have indigestion.

- My favorite pick-up line to grab the ladies is "You have a smile that makes me want to smile". Works everytime:yes:

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
FatMan said:
- I once ate a beetle, a pigeon, and a turtle in a single sitting in china and didn't even have indigestion.

Gross.

FatMan said:
- My favorite pick-up line to grab the ladies is "You have a smile that makes me want to smile". Works everytime:yes:

Hardy-har-har... lol

dbakerman76

God's Nephew
My plan was to become a Pastor until I was a junior in college. Then I decided the religious life (and for the most part religion in general) wasn't for me. Of course, now I'm back to thinking that I might want to be a Pastor of some sort. In the new year, I plan on looking into what it takes to perform wedding and commitment ceremonies. I figure I will start doing some basics and see if that's really what I want to do. Then I will start pursuing a course of study.

I am obsessed with music. I have well over 1200 cds taking up every inch of my room.

I took piano lessons for 5 years as a kid. Now I don't play at all.

I smoked a pack of lucky strikes a day for several years until I quit back in 2001. Now I only smoke when I'm on vacation. (2 weeks a year).

I'm never without a cup of tea.