• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your Religion think about Gay and Transgender People?

What does your religion think about LGBTQUIA+ People and why? Including Transgender and Transsexual people.

If you're non-religious then what do you think about them personally?

I will post my own answer below.

Satan accepts all. Satan states in the Al-Jilwah (Satanic Scripture),
"I allow everyone to follow the dictates of his own nature, but he that opposes me will regret it sorely." - The Al Jilwah; The Black Book of Satan

The Third-Sex (LGBTQUIA+ / Trans) are seen as very sacred and valued. The Third-Sex are seen as warriors and leaders or those who perserve / protect cultures and society. In ancient Pagan times Trans people were called Twin-Soul People. ❤️

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm nonreligious. It's kind of cliche to say something like this, but it is nevertheless true that one of my closest, dearest friends is transgendered. Also a few of my more casual friends are gay. I don't like them because they're transgendered or gay, but because they're good people. That they are transgendered or gay is just incidental.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
They deserve just as much attention and rights as straight people, but not any more IMHO.

Last edited:

ajay0

In the Mahabharatha, a Hindu epic, Shikhandi was a transgender and expert archer who was instrumental along with Krishna and Arjuna in defeating Bheesma who was annihilating their army till then.

Transgenders are treated well in Hindu society, as there is a belief that offending them would bring about bad luck.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
What does your religion think about LGBTQUIA+ People and why? Including Transgender and Transsexual people.

Satanist. (plays get out of jail free card)

The best thing about my religion is we're not interested in telling other people what to do, so there is plenty of time for other things. :) Personally, I have several IRL friends who call themselves trans, but I am not friends with nor unfriendly to anyone for that reason, lol.

The mainstream religions won't have much to do with you, if that is what you're asking, but since you call yourself a Satanist I doubt you really give a damn anyway.

Reactions: Liu

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the general consensus for Hinduism is along the lines of
"ehhhhh they exist I guess."
Really it's not condemned and in some sects the third sex are considered very blessed people under the protection of Kali, a goddess you don't want to cross.
Personally I support LGBTQI alphabet soup group's rights.

Kirran

Premium Member
In the Mahabharatha, a Hindu epic, Shikhandi was a transgender and expert archer who was instrumental along with Krishna and Arjuna in defeating Bheesma who was annihilating their army till then.

Transgenders are treated well in Hindu society, as there is a belief that offending them would bring about bad luck.

I'd like to add that there's a widespread misconception among Indians that transgender = hijra. Hijras are not transgender, they are of a third gender. Not that this negates the fact that their recognition in society is most admirable, such as it is.

Kirran

Premium Member
As for what my religion thinks, it doesn't think anything, it's a social construct of practices and ideas, it does not have the capacity to think anything. Homosexuality, is however, not explicitly condemned in the vast majority of its forms, although homophobia is no doubt rife among its adherents and often justified in the religion. Personally, I am very much a supporter of queer rights.

rusra02

Premium Member

From our website: "The Bible says: “Honor men of all sorts” or, as Today’s English Version renders it, “Respect everyone.” (1 Peter 2:17) Therefore, Christians are not homophobic. They show kindness to all people, including those who are gay.—Matthew 7:12."--JW.ORG
This would apply to persons of any sexual orientation. We do reject homosexual conduct, not people.

Kirran

Premium Member
From our website: "The Bible says: “Honor men of all sorts” or, as Today’s English Version renders it, “Respect everyone.” (1 Peter 2:17) Therefore, Christians are not homophobic. They show kindness to all people, including those who are gay.—Matthew 7:12."--JW.ORG
This would apply to persons of any sexual orientation. We do reject homosexual conduct, not people.

Ah, that old 'hate the sin, love the sinner' chestnut. That's what motivates all those compassionate fundamentalists and such to send their kids off to "conversion therapy".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's a holy and sacred thing. There's many stories of the Gods and Heroes having homosexual relationships or changing sex.

Famously, there is the androgynous deity Hermaphroditus, Who is usually depicted as having breasts and male genitalia:

Intersexualita%CC%88t.jpg

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Im lesbian. I agree with pro everything GLBTQIA issues. My religion relates to nature. As long as ita healthy, there are nonconflicts between the two.1

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Ah, that old 'hate the sin, love the sinner' chestnut. That's what motivates all those compassionate fundamentalists and such to send their kids off to "conversion therapy".

"Love the sinner and hate the sin" is a passive way of disagreeing with someone based on their actions.

But if one of us LGBTQ got married and our "conduct" is who we are to our spouse, when you hate the "sin" you hate their love and you hate the expression of that love. That love is who that person is.

We can have unconditional love for those we dislike. In this case, its best to be honest and say "I don't care for who you are as a homosexual (if that homosexual does anything; not all do) but I can love you nonetheless."

At least one is being honest about the Person rather than separating the person from his expression of love they termed "sin."

My faith doesn't sugar coat. I cant love someone if I chose not to go to their wedding if I disagree with it. Not the way in friendship, because, in friendship, you supposed to love people for Who they are. And that love and support is part of it.

That is my view.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The contemporary Pagan movement is inclusive in general, so of course that extends to this issue. That said, there are also no rigid dogmas or official teachings that dictate something about it one way or another, so asking this question of us really becomes "what do you personally think about this?"

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hinduism perhaps says "They have their own life. Let them live the way want'. Hinduism is not very well aware of the differences and puts all LGBTQUIA+ / Trans in the same basket, not heterogeneous, as Hinjras or homosexually inclined, Firaq Gorakhpuri being one example though Wikipedia misses this important fact.

Last edited:

Kirran

Premium Member
Hinduism perhaps says "They have their own life. Let them live the way want'.Hinduism is not very well aware of the differences and puts all LGBTQUIA+ / Trans in the same basket, not heterogeneous, as Hinjras or homosexually inclined, Firaq Gorakhpuri being one example.

This is hardly what "Hinduism" thinks, many Hindus have much greater awareness of these subjects, it's just been one of the ways of approaching such issues that has at certain times been predominant in Indian society.

rusra02

Premium Member
Jws do not practice conversion therapy. We simply study the Bible and try to live by what we believe the Bible teaches. I believe it is up to each person as to whether they will accept and practice true Christianity or not.