• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your religion say about "the riot and the dance" of creation

whirlingmerc

The Movie "The Riot and the dance" comes out March 19

We have a good but broken creation and we see both a riot with pain and suffering that groans for resolution in hopes of being redeemed and becoming not a riot but a dance.

for a clip and some things i didn't know about elephants

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I could not watch more than a few seconds of those videos without going "meh" and stopping watching.

But the "riot and the dance" metaphor does work for me but not in a fundamentalist Christian sense.

whirlingmerc

I could not watch more than a few seconds of those videos without going "meh" and stopping watching.

But the "riot and the dance" metaphor does work for me but not in a fundamentalist Christian sense.

I did like how elephants have been known to travel to mourn people's deaths sometimes

Skwim

Veteran Member
Hammy, overly dramatic narration about what? Nature? Personally, I don't care about his "celebration of the world we were given."

I say, bring on the broads, beer, and chips.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My religion says nothing about it since it doesn't teach that "creation" is "broken" or in need of redeeming. Christianity is a cure in want of a disease.

whirlingmerc

Hammy, overly dramatic narration about what? Nature? Personally, I don't care about his "celebration of the world we were given."

I say, bring on the broads, beer, and chips.

Nature is dramatic at times even as it goes about a quiet riot. If the hamster gets a bit dramatic that's fine with me.

arthra

Baha'i
Having watched the previews posted in the first post there are two themes noted... The first being a model of Noah's Ark and the second quoting the opening verses of Genesis.

Regarding the "Ark" I believe for Baha'is it is more a symbol of the Ark of salvation or of the Covenant that protects us from being lost in this world... I'll post a few appropriate selections here from Baha'i sources:

"Arise with every power to assist the Covenant of God and serve in His vineyard. Be confident that a confirmation will be granted unto you and a success on His part is given unto you. Verily, He shall support you by the angels of His holiness and reinforce you with the breaths of the Spirit that ye may mount the Ark of Safety, set forth the evident signs, impart the spirit of life, declare the essence of His commands and precepts, guide the sheep who are straying from the fold in all directions, and give the blessings."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 362

"Some of those who have plunged into the seas of meaning and sailed upon the ark of divine mystical wisdom out of affection for the seekers and out of love for the wayfarers have given a drop from the oceans of meaning and a sprinkling from the clouds of divine understanding on the stages and states of Love."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, I was a Hidden Treasure
Commentary on the Islamic Tradition "I Was a Hidden Treasure..."

The opening verses of the creation mentioned in the book of Genesis are for Baha'is not taken literally but the "creation" for us is endless as the Creator continues to create and never rests also there is no "beginning" of the universe. Again I'll post a Baha'i source that relates:

"Therefore, as the Essence of Unity, that is the existence of God, is everlasting and eternal -- that is to say, it has neither beginning nor end -- it is certain that this world of existence, this endless universe, has neither beginning nor end. Yes, it may be that one of the parts of the universe, one of the globes, for example, may come into existence, or may be disintegrated, but the other endless globes are still existing; the universe would not be disordered nor destroyed; on the contrary, existence is eternal and perpetual."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith - Abdu'l-Baha Section, p. 297

GoodbyeDave

I too cannot accept the concept of a broken creation in need of redemption.

I don't usually view videos, but I lasted 2 minutes into the first, until he attacked Sir David Attenborough (one of our national treasures!) for presenting atheism in his documentaries. Sir David is an agnostic, not an atheist, and his TV programs do not mention religion. But they do mention evolution, and that was obviously a step too far for the ranting proddy in the clip.