• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Your Name Mean?

My name is Mr Spinkles. I just think it's a funny name. I came up with it back in middle school, when I played all these games online and wanted something original other than the typical "SiLenT_KilLeR" or "ELITE_deathbyme" or whatever that most people use. I've used this name for practically everything I do online ever since.

My signature "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!" is from the Fox animated sitcom The Simpsons. It's a line from an episode where Homer says at the dinner table "Inside each and every one of us is a struggle between good and evil which cannot be resolved". Then it shows the inside of Homer's brain, and a grave says "RIP Good Homer" and a little Homer dressed in a devil suit is doing a little Latin dance, chanting "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"
:lol: :lol: that one was classic.

So why did you pick the name you did? What does it mean? What about your signature?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
my name was given to me by a friend...

its kind of my 'plastic indian' name... every native needs a "genuine Indian name" right? :lol: :lol:

The painted comes from my being an artist and the wolf comes from the fact that I walk with wolf medicine...

is this the name I go by in real life... certenly not. my real name is, like many natives names, quite mundane.

wa:-do

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Spinks, I think of that Simpsons ep. every time I see your sig. :lol:

Well, I agonised over my name for this forum. Why, you might ask? No idea really...I wanted something different to the handles I normally use lol. I eventually chose 'Bastet', because I have a papyrus of her on my wall, and it seemed like a good idea at the time... :lol: I love cats, have always had an affinity with them, and I've also been fascinated by Egyptian Mythology since I was young...so the Egyptian cat goddess seemed to fit.
Bastet (also known as Bast), was depicted as a woman with a cat's head, or as a queen cat. Thought to be a daughter of the sun god, Ra, she personified the beneficial aspects of the sun's power. Bastet was shown with the attributes of a lion in the early period, and was regarded as Ra's instrument of vengeance, the ‘rage in his eye’. Not a tame kitty lol. But after the Middle Kingdom she was shown as a woman with a cat's head, and took on a more protective, friendly aspect. As a mother-goddess she is often accompanied by kittens. Bastet was also portrayed as a kindly goddess of joy, music and dancing. She was believed to protect men against contagious diseases and evil spirits, and was supposedly the protector of women and childbirth. Bastet displayed a feline element of sensuality, but there is no evidence that she was a sex-goddess, as sensuality and sexuality are different.

So there you are (or there I am lol) - on the outside, friendly, protective, sensual...but **** me off, or threaten those I care about, and I'll rip your bloody head off. :lol:

Master Vigil

I had one friend tell me that I should teach people about the spirit world, so I started teaching her. She though I should write a book and actually start making it a steady practice to teach it. So in one of my dreams I saw the word Vigil. And I studied about the definition of the word, and the general use for the word and it made sense. To be vigil is to be awake, aware and watchful. Just as a Vigil should be awake, aware, and watchful for the spirits. So it stuck. And for my name here, I chose "Master Vigil" to parallel "Master Jedi."

About my signature. I wrote that a while back in high school. When my perceptions were no longer the norm.

Lightkeeper

I deeply care about our inner light and keeping the light shining. I also love lighthouses, therefore Lightkeeper.

Oh really? My bad :oops:

Well, if new people want to post their stuff again I guess they can... by the way, painted wolf what does "wa:-do" mean?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I don't know where I came up with Maize. I've never used it as a handles before this forum, and it jusy popped into my head. As for my siggy, I like to change it now and again, as the mood strikes me.

My name is Mr Spinkles. I just think it's a funny name. I came up with it back in middle school, when I played all these games online and wanted something original other than the typical "SiLenT_KilLeR" or "ELITE_deathbyme" or whatever that most people use. I've used this name for practically everything I do online ever since.

My signature "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!" is from the Fox animated sitcom The Simpsons. It's a line from an episode where Homer says at the dinner table "Inside each and every one of us is a struggle between good and evil which cannot be resolved". Then it shows the inside of Homer's brain, and a grave says "RIP Good Homer" and a little Homer dressed in a devil suit is doing a little Latin dance, chanting "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"
:lol: :lol: that one was classic.

So why did you pick the name you did? What does it mean? What about your signature?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
my name was given to me by a friend...

its kind of my 'plastic indian' name... every native needs a "genuine Indian name" right? :lol: :lol:

The painted comes from my being an artist and the wolf comes from the fact that I walk with wolf medicine...

is this the name I go by in real life... certenly not. my real name is, like many natives names, quite mundane.

wa:-do

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Spinks, I think of that Simpsons ep. every time I see your sig. :lol:

Well, I agonised over my name for this forum. Why, you might ask? No idea really...I wanted something different to the handles I normally use lol. I eventually chose 'Bastet', because I have a papyrus of her on my wall, and it seemed like a good idea at the time... :lol: I love cats, have always had an affinity with them, and I've also been fascinated by Egyptian Mythology since I was young...so the Egyptian cat goddess seemed to fit.
Bastet (also known as Bast), was depicted as a woman with a cat's head, or as a queen cat. Thought to be a daughter of the sun god, Ra, she personified the beneficial aspects of the sun's power. Bastet was shown with the attributes of a lion in the early period, and was regarded as Ra's instrument of vengeance, the ‘rage in his eye’. Not a tame kitty lol. But after the Middle Kingdom she was shown as a woman with a cat's head, and took on a more protective, friendly aspect. As a mother-goddess she is often accompanied by kittens. Bastet was also portrayed as a kindly goddess of joy, music and dancing. She was believed to protect men against contagious diseases and evil spirits, and was supposedly the protector of women and childbirth. Bastet displayed a feline element of sensuality, but there is no evidence that she was a sex-goddess, as sensuality and sexuality are different.

So there you are (or there I am lol) - on the outside, friendly, protective, sensual...but **** me off, or threaten those I care about, and I'll rip your bloody head off. :lol:

Master Vigil

I had one friend tell me that I should teach people about the spirit world, so I started teaching her. She though I should write a book and actually start making it a steady practice to teach it. So in one of my dreams I saw the word Vigil. And I studied about the definition of the word, and the general use for the word and it made sense. To be vigil is to be awake, aware and watchful. Just as a Vigil should be awake, aware, and watchful for the spirits. So it stuck. And for my name here, I chose "Master Vigil" to parallel "Master Jedi."

About my signature. I wrote that a while back in high school. When my perceptions were no longer the norm.

Oh really? My bad :oops:

Well, if new people want to post their stuff again I guess they can... by the way, painted wolf what does "wa:-do" mean?

Ceridwen018

Ceridwen is the Celtic goddess of fertility. A while back I was reading a book called 'The Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It's basically the story of King Arthur told through the women in his life (his sister, wife, mother, etc.). Anywho, this book really made me begin to question god, as it focused a lot on how Christianity pushed down the old Druid religions and stuff like that. I liked the name, and what it stood for, so I adopted it!

As for my signature...it tends to change from time to time, but as of now I have the quote from Stephen roberst because it is the best quote ever! It really made me think!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Wa:-do (or Wa:do) is the pronunciation of the Chreokee word for 'thank you'

: means to extend the vowel so a: is aaa or ah as in father

I figure if people are going to go through all the truble of reading my posts and considering what I say, then the least I can do is thank them for their time.

so Wa:do

DontFearMe is just a name I came up with off the top of my head. Well, I actually chose it so people will not view me as an aggressive misses as some tend to feel that way sometimes and its not the case! My signautre is a verse from the Recitation (Quran). :lol:

Soul Shinobi

This name took me a while to come up with. I came up with it . . . oh say about four years ago. I'm very glad that it's original, so no one else would take it. Whenever I sign up for an instant messaging service, e-mail address, or an online forum (a.k.a. message or ikon board) I have this, just the one and only Soul Shinobi. No number. I am the Soul Shinobi everywhere. As a matter of fact, if you search google.com for "soul shinobi" you will get about 121 results of me, with the one exception of a Japanese game called “Soul -Shinobi-” that I only recently knew about.

I chose the English word soul because it is general and can mean many things like spirit, mind, or heart. I'm a person who likes to think deep, so I feel soul is a good word to use.

Shinobi. It is a Japanese word that I keep in Japanese because it refers to many things. Shinobi is a very old word; it is the original word for ninja. It is related to Japanese verb shinobu, meaning to act with the utmost stealth. Shinobi also has to do with enduring everything with silence; this even includes accepting death calmly.

My sig right now is from a translation of the movie poster for Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion. My sig is only part of it, the whole is as follows:

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE
IF EVERYONE WOULD
JUST DIE ...
ocean of hopelessness
fragile souls
devious smiles
morbid objects
selfdestruction
cruel strangers
replacement of the opposite sex
immediate cure
spreading enfeeblement