• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your Avatar mean or represent?

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Shiva represents destruction, and the rebirth that comes from the removal of the old ways.

x

ayani

mine is a photo of henna-decorated hands, placed together as if in prayer or offering. i kind of take it to mean that one's hands, one's actions and influence in the world, should be an expression of one's faith, of what is dear to one's heart. kind of a reminder to practice what i profess.

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
First i used to put Einstein's pic, but thought he was not pretty :D
So now I'm just rewriting the name in an artistic way...
I love simple arts, and thats how I chose my picture style..

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
A good picture of Einstein would be the one of him sticking his tongue out or riding his bicycle.

x

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
The best tool for finding images is to use Google, open the images tab, and type in Einstein.

x

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Bastet said:
My avatar represents the underlying and often invisible strength of the female form and spirit...

Nah...it's just a hot chick with a sword. :p I have no idea why she's stuck around so long (I had a couple of different 'Bastet' themed avatars before that). I just really like it.
*points up* That was about my old avatar (which was this, btw:
dragonswordat2.jpg
). After several years of faithful service, I have retired it.

My current avatar is this:
bastetav2id8.png
, which I made myself. Another strong, hot chick. :p I have a weakness for them.

kateyes

Mine is fairly mundane as well--my given name is Lakota for Little Turtle--hence a turtle. I love this one it is by Edward Lear (of The Owl and Pussycat fame). I found a card with the picture a few years back so when I needed an avatar--it seemed a natural choice.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Me with a scarf……
May start a “wear your beard with pride” in the west campaign….
Especially as Nazarite are meant to have one and so, all true followers of Christ….. well unless a sheep following a goat (Paul) then they get sheared before slaughter. :)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have gone back to "The Fool" from the Tarot pack.

This explanation is one I like; this came from:- http://www.mooncatsastrology.com/tarot/0thefool.htm

The Fool introduces us to the Tarot with a sweet, innocent smile. Like a newborn babe, this man/woman/child with eyes wide open and complete trust in his surroundings has not a care in the world, save his immediate needs... and these he pursues fearlessly. Notice his stance, the look on his face, the cat biting him on the leg. Nothing seems to bother him, not even the precipice he is about to walk off of!

This gentle Archetype is at the beginning and end of our journey through the Tarot. The Fool represents the human spirit, born in complete innocence. From this tender beginning, we experience the trials of life, striving throughout to find those things we need - basic security, love and connection, reason and understanding, and the spiritual drive to keep moving forward. Then, we die with the knowledge and wisdom we have gained through material existence - only to relinquish it for a time in order to return to that perfect bliss of pure spiritual existence - the Fool, once again released to his heavenly origins.

The Fool then is only a complete Fool for an instant at birth, and slowly but surely loses his innocence. From time to time we each touch upon this pure sweet energy. To be able to hold onto this gentle spirit that lives within us, our child-selves, and feel the power of perfect grace, is a gift that we may hopefully embrace and cherish.
So why does the Fool saunter so aimlessly toward grim death? The answer is simple - The Fool is not concerned with life or death. The Fool simply is. Were it not for the Sun, our fiery star - there would be no life. The Fool is the breath of fire, the wind, first consciousness of the beginning of life. He is of the Sun, and he is the Son of heaven. His optimism is boundless because he has a direct link with the world of spirit - the crown chakra is open to the light.

He is barely aware of the barriers and negative forces that exist on the material plane - and herein lies the Folly we on earth perceive.
We each carry at least a bit of healthy fear and doubt to warn us from courting disaster. Most of us do not operate on complete trust and faith on a daily basis. But when we do, the experience can be likened to euphoria, epiphany, heightened levels of adrenaline, or a deeply meditative state. In such moments we may be capable of amazing, death defying feats and heroism. We unite with the highest spiritual force there is. Most who have such experiences are changed forever, and may seem to either lead a charmed life, or possibly feel overwhelmed by the absolute power. While we may cherish such experiences, the world is not all bliss. Although it can be at times, the reality is - blind faith without some cautionary force to balance our actions can bring grave disaster in the material world.

Those of us who live our lives more prudently may feel exasperated by those others who seem naive and foolish - the ones who actually step off that cliff and make perfect idiots of themselves. Yes, maybe they appear to be fools, but at least they were not afraid to take a chance, and this is the raw power behind this archetypal force. The lessons one learns from having tried and failed are that much more potent, and we are all better off living in trust rather than in fear. Those who dare to embrace the tremendous hope and fearlessness the Fool represents are one step closer to pure joy, and to achieving the knowledge that we are indeed perfect, blessed and protected... if only we believe.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Umm...it's a cat. And, it's licking you. Does it have to mean anything? Can't it just be cute and hypnotic?

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
Mine's the static on a TV off-channel. I find it oddly relaxing to stare at a TV like that. It captures how my mind will sometimes wander like a fading signal and disengage from what I should be doing.

I suppose it's a religious metaphor of the results from when I tried to converse with God. Seemed all I ever got back was empty static ("no signal"), and I had to alter my beliefs to make sense of it.

Random

My new Avatar is the glorious Phoenix: for the Phoenix is an ancient symbol of rebirth, and I was reborn as Random here on RF after Godlike died.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Random said:
My new Avatar is the glorious Phoenix: for the Phoenix is an ancient symbol of rebirth, and I was reborn as Random here on RF after Godlike died.
That's a really cool phoenix pic - I don't suppose you know where I could find a larger version of it? )(