• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your Avatar mean or represent?

cardero

Citizen Mod
One day we should designate "Go back to your first avatar Day". This is assuming RF members still remember what their first avatar was and still have the file.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
FerventGodSeeker said:
If you have an Avatar, what does it mean or represent to you?

It represents the creative power of the rational mind, and the great potential we have as individuals.

eudaimonia,

M.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
cardero said:
Always a familiar favorite. An interesting fact about Kreeden's avatar is that he was one of a few people (maybe even the first person) to employ a moving avatar when I first signed on and has kept it ever since. It's a keeper.

Thank you . :) It is an avie I had used before , and one of my favs .

BTW , my first avie here was a dragon's eye that I used untill I dug up this one ...

It was this
DragonEye.jpg
Any wonder why I changed ????

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Mine doesn't really mean anything. It's just GIR, a really stupid and crazy robot from a cartoon that's no longer on the air.
I was going to use a llama for my avatar, but I liked this one better. I'm going to change it soon anyway.

I'm bumping this old thread back up because, I don't know about the rest of you, but my Avatar has changed! If you haven't responded to the OP yet or have changed your avatar since last responding, please respond!

My new Avatar is symbolic of the Trinity: Father (hands extended), Son (crown of thorns), and Holy Spirit (a dove).

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mine is just because I think chickens (and ducks and geese) are funny creatures. And this breed, with that strange comb, seemed like it had horns, so it was even stranger, and somehow appropriate for a religious forum. ;)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Quoth_The _Raven said:
Mine is a hedgehog in a gas mask. I just thought he was an appealing little bugger.:D

I thought so as well, though I was wondering if he was something of a cross from a creature of Narnia that was appearing in a Doctor Who episode. :p

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Mine is of the late Fr. Gheorghe Calciu-Dumitreasa (vesnica pomenire), who was imprisoned for over 20 years in communist Romania, tortured, abused and finally exiled, all because of his faith and his advocation of freedom of religion for all in the country. He died late last year in the USA, where he had been exiled by Nicolae Ceausescu's government. He was a true confessor of the faith and I pray that the Church will glorify him as such within my lifetime.

James

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
mine is of my lord and saviour foamy, he provides me with clarity when my vision is blured by modern living, also he's controling me with his squirelly wrath, who am i to argue lol.

All hail lord foamy!
http://illwillpress.com/

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
JamesThePersian said:
Mine is of the late Fr. Gheorghe Calciu-Dumitreasa (vesnica pomenire), who was imprisoned for over 20 years in communist Romania, tortured, abused and finally exiled, all because of his faith and his advocation of freedom of religion for all in the country. He died late last year in the USA, where he had been exiled by Nicolae Ceausescu's government. He was a true confessor of the faith and I pray that the Church will glorify him as such within my lifetime.

James

I was looking through this thread; you posted back post#48
Mine's one of my daughter's first smiles. It just makes me happy to look at her and reminds me how blessed I am.

James

Of course, your new avatar has updated the previous posts............It was quite a giggle thinking of your daughter's smile as your present avatar..

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
michel said:
I was looking through this thread; you posted back post#48

Of course, your new avatar has updated the previous posts............It was quite a giggle thinking of your daughter's smile as your present avatar..

Yeah, bit of a problem with these sort of threads. It would be better if historical posts didn't update when you changed your avatar, just for the sakes of remaining coherent, but never mind. Fr Gheorghe clearly is not my daughter, however, though his smile is just as sincere.

James