• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does your Avatar mean or represent?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
My own is the character of Belldandy, from the anime series "Ah, My Goddess". When I was first getting into anime, I asked some of my friends that were more knowledgable about the subject if there was a character out there that reminded them of me. They both immeadiately turned to each other and said "Belldandy". It wasn't until later that I learned who she was and about her personality. In the way these friends were describing the character, what it seemed like they were focusing on was her nature and general lack of awareness that anyone else could have less than perfect intentions. (They didn't think these were admirable qualities.) As I got to know the character, though, I found someone very dear to my heart.

So when I signed up for this experience of getting to know my own spirituality and that of others, I sought out a picture of her. :) And it wasn't until a few months later, when someone pointed it out, that I realized that there were feathers in the picture, too.

FeathersinHair said:
My own is the character of Belldandy, from the anime series "Ah, My Goddess". When I was first getting into anime, I asked some of my friends that were more knowledgable about the subject if there was a character out there that reminded them of me. They both immeadiately turned to each other and said "Belldandy". It wasn't until later that I learned who she was and about her personality. In the way these friends were describing the character, what it seemed like they were focusing on was her nature and general lack of awareness that anyone else could have less than perfect intentions. (They didn't think these were admirable qualities.) As I got to know the character, though, I found someone very dear to my heart.

So when I signed up for this experience of getting to know my own spirituality and that of others, I sought out a picture of her. :) And it wasn't until a few months later, when someone pointed it out, that I realized that there were feathers in the picture, too.
Neato story! I thought you had picked your name and Avatar to go together, but I guess it's a cool coincidence!:yes:

Orleander

I have an unusual addiction to SpongeBob and I worship him. As soon as he breaks up with Patrick, he is all mine.

Abram

Abraham
Mine is a piano. A piano is a musical instrument with white and black keys. When you press these keys it cause a hammer to strike a string. These strings are different sizes so they make different sounds. The thin ones make high noises and the big thick ones make deep low sounds. If you press the keys in the right order it links the sounds together to make a song. This song creates emotions that many people can relate to. You can fall in love, hate, even want to destroy through music.

I had the character from doom for a while but I got so many messages asking me to change it! So I did, to this small silver grand piano. All because I like to play! A lot, a whole lot.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, a lot of the lines in that movie have become common usage in my family. When we have other people over and are expressing the mournful howl of something 'smell bad!', they are usually confused.

The music in the film is really great, too. And I sometimes use the "You have no power over me" line when I'm dealing with someone who's stressful. It works!

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
Mine is Effie from Street Fighter III. I just like her pigtails and her outfit, although you can't really see her outfit in my AV.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
zombieharlot said:
Isn't it Oh, My Goddess!? :D
In some english translations, it is "Oh", but the one that seems closer to the original Japanese title is "Ah". I think they're pretty much used interchangeably, but since "Ah" is what they used in the title of the movie (which I absolutely love), I tend to use that.

This gives me an excuse to break out pictures!

Godes_32.jpg

zombieharlot

Some Kind of Strange
FeathersinHair said:
In some english translations, it is "Oh", but the one that seems closer to the original Japanese title is "Ah". I think they're pretty much used interchangeably, but since "Ah" is what they used in the title of the movie (which I absolutely love), I tend to use that.

I didn't know they even made a movie. Hmm...I'll have to check it out.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Oooo, you must see the movie! It's so beautiful and moving! *dances up and down in excitement* The animation on the cherry blossoms alone is worth it!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Circle_One said:
Mine's of the love of my life: The Goblin King! AKA David Bowie in The Labyrinth
You remind me of the babe.
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of the voo-doo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
You remind me of the babe.........

If I could be like David Bowie I would so grab my small crystal globe and roll it across my hand right now!!!!!! ha ha ha :)

Circle_One

Comet said:
You remind me of the babe.
What babe?
The babe with the power.
What power?
The power of the voo-doo.
Who do?
You do.
Do what?
You remind me of the babe.........

If I could be like David Bowie I would so grab my small crystal globe and roll it across my hand right now!!!!!! ha ha ha :)

Awww! Now you've got me fantasizing.

Circle_One

Mister_T said:
I'm short (5'7" is short compared to most guys) and I kick a$$. 'Nuff said.

I TOTALLY agree. It's the short ones you gotta look out for. Besides, I love short boys. My present obsession is only 5'4.