• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does the fossil record say?

outhouse

Atheistically
Originally Posted by wilsoncole
How do you know that any of this is true?

jusr remember this

when you have a heart attack or a stroke it wont be your god or a jesus saving you to keep your life alive longer.

It will be the same science you trash now.

You owe your very life to science as it is this very day! your god would have you dead already if it wasnt for the field of medicine and disease. in my opinion. prevention.

Krok

wilsoncole said:
You are a person of great faith!
No faith involved at all.
wilsoncole said:
Yes - FAITH!
Not everyone in the world do things the way you do it; some people use logic, not blind faith. I use the peer-review system to ensure that research was done following the scientific method. No faith involved in that. Furthermore the peer-review system ensures that all kinds of subjectivities can be eliminated by peer-review, as it is performed at different institutions and other regions, states or countries. It is done by people with no personal involvement and not knowing the researchers. That's a great way of eliminating subjectivity.
wilsoncole said:
Why do you trust the peer-review system?
It's way better than listening to one person's interpretation of a bronze-age book written by goat-herders. It has provided a lot of valuable discoveries and has made my life a lot easier, ensuring enough food on the table, ensuring that I live longer and healthier, whilst providing a lot of great necessities and conveniences, like the computer I'm using now.
wilsoncole said:
It has been shown to be as fraudulent as any other competitive endeavor.
Frauds are discovered very quickly by people using this method. That can't be said about the goddidit method.

outhouse

Atheistically
There is no reason to believe that except under the presuppositon that evolution is true and we should find more intermediaries.

false bud.

the reason to believe is that we know the tectonic plates have moved around since the beginning of time and are still moving.

Mush of the evidence is gone, or so deep its not accessible this is fact.

lets give you some ground, lets say your right %100 lets say god created it all.

why is there a clear picture from 7 million years ago of our common ancestor with primates. From homo sapiens back there is a clear picture of the further you go back the more primitive and primate looking man gets???

why would god make it look just like evolution works?? did the devil do this?

outhouse

Atheistically
we should find more intermediaries.

lets try this.

when did you get your false refference of %10 in my opinion????

lets ask you this,,,, when was that information made public or printed.?????

how many fossils have been found since them??? you know hundreds of scientist are pulling bones out as you type AND new discoverys are found daily that add to the picture.

I dont believe you under stand the grasp of 4.6billion years and how long that really is.

Man of Faith

false bud.

the reason to believe is that we know the tectonic plates have moved around since the beginning of time and are still moving.

Mush of the evidence is gone, or so deep its not accessible this is fact.

lets give you some ground, lets say your right %100 lets say god created it all.

why is there a clear picture from 7 million years ago of our common ancestor with primates. From homo sapiens back there is a clear picture of the further you go back the more primitive and primate looking man gets???

why would god make it look just like evolution works?? did the devil do this?

Primitive man does not equate to primate, except for the presupposition of evolution. Why did man look primitive? You will have to show me what a primitive man looks like. I suspect there are modern mans that look primitive to you. Also we know that mankind along with animals evolve after the creation, so we do change looks over time.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Primitive man does not equate to primate, except for the presupposition of evolution. Why did man look primitive? You will have to show me what a primitive man looks like. I suspect there are modern mans that look primitive to you. Also we know that mankind along with animals evolve after the creation, so we do change looks over time.

no we are getting somehwere

so in your veiw

when did your creator step in??

6000 years ago?

200,000 yeasr ago when homo sapiens first appeared.?

to form the planet 4.6b years ago?

Just wen did he step in?

Man of Faith

no we are getting somehwere

so in your veiw

when did your creator step in??

6000 years ago?

200,000 yeasr ago when homo sapiens first appeared.?

to form the planet 4.6b years ago?

Just wen did he step in?

My position is the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God. What does the Bible say? It says that everything, the universe, the earth and all life forms were created in six ordinary days, approximately 10,000 years ago.

I accept that man was made a whole being similar to as he is today. Did we evolve any? Well there are now many races of peoples with different sizes and shapes so yes we did. Humans and animals evolved in the context of a mediated design within a 4,000 year time frame after the global flood.

Just call me a YEC and that will make it simplier. Anymore questions?

outhouse

Atheistically
approximately 10,000 years ago

how do you come up with that number? doesntthe bible say 6000??

dont we have a clear picture that man didnt evolve much at all in the last 5000 years just looking at egyption history alone?? dont we have a clear picture from present to ancient egyptions 4000 years ago when the pyramids were built???? did the devil lie here again!

is that why theres this sneaky 4000 year add on?

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Primitive man does not equate to primate, except for the presupposition of evolution.

Humans (yes, modern ones too) are by taxonomical definition both primates and apes. It is merely a label describing what type of animal we are.
The taxonomical system was originally introduced by Carl Linnaeus, who, by the way, was a creationist.

Why did man look primitive? You will have to show me what a primitive man looks like.

A.afarensis.jpg

I suspect there are modern mans that look primitive to you.

Indeed. Most of them are creationists though. ;)

PS: I'm sorry. That was such a cheap shot but I just couldn't help myself... :D

Also we know that mankind along with animals evolve after the creation, so we do change looks over time.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Are you talking about how life first began?
Because the Theory of Evolution has no opinion on that matter.

We do know though that some 400 million years ago our ancestors were fish, so I guess "change looks" is an understatement. ;)

outhouse

Atheistically
Holy moley I thnk a few weeks without the love of a woman and a 12 pack and we could get her married off LOL for 3 sheep and a goat :p

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
My position is the Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallable word of God.

So, you think bats are birds?
Dude, you must seriously have failed your biology classes... :sarcastic

What does the Bible say? It says that everything, the universe, the earth and all life forms were created in six ordinary days, approximately 10,000 years ago.

And that is absolutely completely and utterly wrong.

I accept that man was made a whole being similar to as he is today.

Dude... Our ancestors were fish. FISH!!! :goldfish: :goldfish: :goldfish:

Did we evolve any? Well there are now many races of peoples with different sizes and shapes so yes we did. Humans and animals evolved in the context of a mediated design within a 4,000 year time frame after the global flood.

The flood myth is nonsense and 4000 years is not nearly enough to account for the changes that have taken place.

Just call me a YEC and that will make it simplier. Anymore questions?

Nope. That answers everything I ever needed to know about you.

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
Holy moley I thnk a few weeks without the love of a woman and a 12 pack and we could get her married off LOL for 3 sheep and a goat :p

Different species I guess...different tastes...
Remember, even blobfish gets sexually aroused...somehow. :sarcastic

blobfish_1565953c.jpg

wilsoncole

All available evidence supports biological evolution and common ancestry.
Do you have objective evidence in support of Creationism? If so, feel free to present it.
You have not answered the question, so I'll ask it again:
It has often been proven to be fraudulent.

wilsoncole

jusr remember this

when you have a heart attack or a stroke it wont be your god or a jesus saving you to keep your life alive longer.

It will be the same science you trash now.

You owe your very life to science as it is this very day! your god would have you dead already if it wasnt for the field of medicine and disease. in my opinion. prevention.
What are you talking about?
Who trashed science?

(\__/)
( ‘ .‘ )
>(^)<

Wilson

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
You have not answered the question, so I'll ask it again:

Because it has been proved time and again to be the best way to verify the results of findings and experiments.

It has often been proven to be fraudulent.

Often? Please give me some examples where the SYSTEM has proven to be fraudulent.

Individuals have from time to time been able to fool the system but in these cases (like with the former dr. Wakefield) these errors have been discovered quickly and dealt with appropriately (for instance Wakefield lost his license to practice medicine).

outhouse

Atheistically
Who trashed science?

in your post #12 krok's quote gave you a good example of the science at hand.

If you want proof please do the research yourself if you want to learn.

do you believe in creation? if so your trashing science. Your asking proof to easy common knowledge material.

Please give me a reason why I should accept this informatrion as fact.

Because the work has been done over decades by many scientist and these are the conclusions they find.