• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does the Bible say about the origins of the Earth in relation to what science say?

SA Huguenot

I'm caught up in His creation? Is that what you think. How silly. Didn't you see that I'm an atheist?

What arrogance? I'm just pointing out "facts" as believed by many:
God is eternal - He has always existed
God created everything in six days.

It's only when you have to stop and think about it that you, momentarily at least, see how ludicrous it is.
I see you still think in your realm that Time is a reality.
Time does not exist at all. it is only a measurement of stars and planets.The creation God made was not bound by Time at all.
Time is a created entity, and we are in this creation.
You want to measure say, starlight of billions of years, and think it is ridicilous that God would do this in such a long Time, but he created life in6 days, 6 000 years ago.
To me it is not a problem at all, to you it is an excuse to surf on as a soothing remedy for your hatred of a divine creator.

ecco said:
But you do insist that God has always existed. Regardless of when He created the universe and time, He existed before that forever and forever. During that timeless period of forever, He did nothing.
Perhaps, however, what makes you think He did nothing?
I can answer you in a materialistic atheist predicament, how long ago did the Universe came into existance?
Why did it take so long to get to life forms?
How did everything develop out of nothing?
How did the simplest life forms shape from dead matter?
How did Evolution guide the Flagilum, the routors, turbo, mitochondria, and so on.
At this stage Christian biologists such as Behe and co are years ahead of atheist scientists in questioning and answering biology.
So, can you tell me what you would have done in this billions of years if you were a Creator that will be better than what we see?

ecco said:
It's really unbelievably sad that you ask such a question. Perhaps you should privately ask some of the fundamentalists.
But I thought I could ask you.
Remember, I am a very low intelligent Christian Bible believer and I need you intelligent atheists to teach me.:confused:
ecco said:
What sin? Disobeying God by partaking of the forbidden fruit? Your God intentionally created Adam to fail. Or, do you not believe that your God is omniscient? Do you not believe that your God is omnipotent?
yes, Yes, Yes...
I also say he gave Adam a free will, which I learned is one's Mind.
This explains it all in a nut shell.
Just think if we all lived by instinct such as animals. You and I woild not be talking to each other on the technology we have now, from language to computers.
I know God hates ritualism where people act like robots. This includes ritual worship, as well as intelligent humans claiming they are no more than an animal such as atheists.
if there was no Creator, it is a fact that there would never have been free will, but only robotic creatures.
If there was free will, God would allow Adam to have done what he did.
Your thinking is again very limited to Time and space around thhe instance, but you ignore the fact that God would know the Final outcome of His Creation where us Humans became victorious against this thing called SIN.
This will prove that God did not play people such as we play puppets, but out of our own free will took charge, which is the plan of God anyhow.

SA Huguenot

WOW! You are really trying to insert a major diversion here. Who cares about world leaders.

The genealogies in the Bible are either true or they are fiction. If they are true, they can be used to pinpoint the age of The Flood.

If they are false, then everything else in the Bible can be false also. How do you decide?
What are you refering to?
I see an argument about the geneaologies of the Bible.
Please inform me too.

JJ50

Time does not exist at all. it is only a measurement of stars and planets.The creation God made was not bound by Time at all.
You want to measure say, starlight of billions of years, and think it is ridicilous that God would do this in such a long Time, but he created life in6 days, 6 000 years ago.
To me it is not a problem at all, to you it is an excuse to surf on as a soothing remedy for your hatred of a divine creator.

I can answer you in a materialistic atheist predicament, how long ago did the Universe came into existance?
How did Evolution guide the Flagilum, the routors, turbo, mitochondria, and so on.
At this stage Christian biologists such as Behe and co are years ahead of atheist scientists in questioning and answering biology.
So, can you tell me what you would have done in this billions of years if you were a Creator that will be better than what we see?

Remember, I am a very low intelligent Christian Bible believer and I need you intelligent atheists to teach me.:confused:

yes, Yes, Yes...
Just think if we all lived by instinct such as animals. You and I woild not be talking to each other on the technology we have now, from language to computers.
I know God hates ritualism where people act like robots. This includes ritual worship, as well as intelligent humans claiming they are no more than an animal such as atheists.
if there was no Creator, it is a fact that there would never have been free will, but only robotic creatures.
Your thinking is again very limited to Time and space around thhe instance, but you ignore the fact that God would know the Final outcome of His Creation where us Humans became victorious against this thing called SIN.
This will prove that God did not play people such as we play puppets, but out of our own free will took charge, which is the plan of God anyhow.
You said it!:D:D:D

Wandering Monk

Thanks for affirming my point that we cannot take the given generations and come up with a true age for the Flood. Appreciate you!

Neither can we assume that missing generations results in any kind of reconciliation between a young(ish) earth and the actual geologic age of earth.

Wandering Monk

yes, Yes, Yes...

Entropy is a way to know that there is a past and a future, the arrow of time.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
wow! realy?
Did you see the Evolution Myth was refuted by Behe in his Darwin's black box?
I loved his scientific facts!
Especially since Dawkins refuses to debate him on evolution.
That is funny. Behe was refuted by a mousetrap. When one listens to idiots and liars one begins to look like one. Behe also failed publicly in a spectacular manner at the Dover trial. I am not sure about your Dawkins claim, I have never heard of Behe debating himself since there are many that would take him on and refute him. I know that Dawkins does not debate. Debate is a skill that not all have. If a person refuses to debate I do not take that as a sign against them. It is only when a debater refuses to take on particular people that one can use that fact against them.

And back from a quick Google search. I cannot see that Behe challenged anyone to a debate, in fact the only debate that I can find featuring Behe is where he took on Krauss. I might watch it when I get time, but the odds are that even though Krauss is well outside of his area of expertise he probably wiped the floor with him since creationists never seem to bring it up. Please note that this was before Behe's embarrassing appearance at the Dover trial. Since then he has only spoken before creationists:

Darwin's Black Box refuted nothing. It only confirmed Behe's either incompetence or dishonesty. You should ask yourself why he does not publish any of his work properly. Scientists publish in well respected professional journals. Not in books with no oversight.

ecco

Veteran Member

Whether He is "bound" by time or not, He still did nothing for 99.999999999999999999999999999999+% of eternity. That is way longer than starlight's existence. Then He did a little work for a few days. Then nothing except a Flood and then the rape of a virgin by one part of himself.

How silly. Do you hate entities like Shiva and Atlas? Why would an atheist hate a non-existent entity?

Show me what you think He did. Then provide a little evidence for it. So far, according to your holy scripture, he did everything in just six days. No matter how you want to stretch it, six days is way short of eternity.

I can answer you in a materialistic atheist predicament, how long ago did the Universe came into existance? 13.8 billion YGA
Why did it take so long to get to life forms? Because nature is slow.
How did everything develop out of nothing? Who says anything developed out of nothing? If that is your understanding of science, well, it's sorely lacking. Best to stick to scripture.
How did the simplest life forms shape from dead matter? They didn't. If that is your understanding of science, well, it's sorely lacking. Best to stick to scripture.
How did Evolution guide the Flagilum, the routors, turbo, mitochondria, and so on. Are you asking how Evolution works? That's not for me to explain in a forum.

I realize you are new to this forum. I could tell you how discredited Behe is. But that is probably something you should take some time to come to understand on your own. Rather than reading about him on Discovery Institute, look up...
Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District

Take the time to actually read his testimony and that of the scientists who made him look embarrassed and silly.
Here's a hint at what you will find...

Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District - Wikipedia
As a primary witness for the defense, Behe was asked to support the idea that intelligent design was legitimate science. Behe's critics have pointed to a number of key exchanges under cross examination, where he conceded that, "There are no peer reviewed articles by anyone advocating for intelligent design supported by pertinent experiments or calculations which provide detailed rigorous accounts of how intelligent design of any biological system occurred."

ecco

Veteran Member
That's a cute little attempt at evasion. Is it because you cannot reconcile the fact that your God did n

RE:
SA Huguenot
Science also claim the same with the fact that they determine the Universe to be at least 12.5 billion years old, and the Solar system only 5.5 billion years.
So, how do they measure Time for 7 billion years with the absence of the Sun?​

In order to not heap even more embarrassment upon you, I quietly suggested that you address that question to a fellow creationist.

However, you decided to pursue it by posting...

If you think science needs the sun to calculate time, well, your own description of yourself is certainly appropriate.

Please! Will some Creationist please explain to him that we don't need the sun to calculate time.

ecco

Veteran Member
What sin? Disobeying God by partaking of the forbidden fruit? Your God intentionally created Adam to fail. Or, do you not believe that your God is omniscient? Do you not believe that your God is omnipotent?
yes, Yes, Yes...

You have explained nothing. Is that your way of evading the question of why God created Adam & Eve to fail and then to blame Adam & Eve for the failure?

But we do live by instincts tempered over many years of living in ever-growing societies. Even Chimps and Bonobos get along within their groups. Don't you know that?

How big is your ego to believe you know what God hates!

Can you show in your scriptures God saying He does not want people to act like robots?

SA Huguenot

OK
How big is your ego to believe you know what God hates!

Can you show in your scriptures God saying He does not want people to act like robots?
Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
and

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

JJ50

OK

Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
and

Isa 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

YAWN!

JJ50

Good morning sleepy!
Good morning to you too. I am always up by 6.30am, have my daily walk, my chores etc before putting my computer on about 8am. I am now going to have my breakfast, a cup of coffee, an apple, banana and a couple of brioche rolls. I am sure your really wanted to know that.:D

SA Huguenot

Good morning to you too. I am always up by 6.30am, have my daily walk, my chores etc before putting my computer on about 8am. I am now going to have my breakfast, a cup of coffee, an apple, banana and a couple of brioche rolls. I am sure your really wanted to know that.:D
Wow, are you a pensioner?
I am up by 5H00. Shower, breakfast, dress, travel 52 Km to work.
Whilst I drive I speak to God, and he to me.
I get back at home at 18H00, with another refreshing conversation, do all my chores, read for an hour, go to bed at 20H00.
Just to make sure if you wanted to know it too.

sooda

Veteran Member

yes, Yes, Yes...

You do know that we have sunrise and sunset on a regular basis every 24 hours... and the earth's orbit around the sun takes a regular 365 days.

That's time.

JJ50

I get back at home at 18H00, with another refreshing conversation, do all my chores, read for an hour, go to bed at 20H00.

I am 70 next year! You shouldn't be chatting to god when you are driving but concentrating on the road.

I attach a photo of little me taken a month or two back, please don't be too terrified. I didn't include my witch's hat and broomstick.:D

Attachments

• More of little me.JPG
    More of little me.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SA Huguenot

I am 70 next year! You should be chatting to god when you are driving but concentrating on the road.

I attach a photo of little me taken a month or two back, please don't be too terrified. I didn't include my witch's hat and broomstick.:D
I was hairy and scary when I was younger, now just scary.
Well, I guess if I were to be 70 in 13 years' time, I will sleep till 9H00.
Time flies.
No pictures of me, I cant ged rid of my attachments.
Big nose, pork belly, unibrow, double chin,
Great meeting you.