• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does Satan offer?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What's in it for me? Why should I seek out Satan? Why is Satan so important?

BTW, Not looking to join Satanism, but just hypothetical.

BQ: Is your Satan in ANY way related to the devil/Satan in Christianity? If not; would you say your Satan is closer to Yahweh or the devil concept-wise? And who would you side with if you had to; God or the devil?

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Nothing. You shouldn't. Why are The Beatles important? Aesthetics and inspiration are everything.

Then why does it matter? Do you go to the car dealer to kick the tires much?

BQ: Is your Satan in ANY way related to the devil/Satan in Christianity? If not; would you say your Satan is closer to Yahweh or the devil concept-wise? And who would you side with if you had to; God or the devil?

No. No. No.

I view Abrahamic religions as a fabrication in general -- like comic book characters. Anyone that spends a short amount of time cross-referencing ancient myths can see all the points where stories were completely stolen and rewritten with other names. They're OT for this forum so I won't list examples, but it wouldn't take long if you look.

Theistic Satanism is an internal process ergo the proof is from the fruits of your own efforts. It is proved like happiness, sadness, or any other psycho-spiritual state are -- through collective experience. In essence, it doesn't matter what I believe because what I feel about that matter is a result of my own experiences which you in fact may not ever be able to witness or care to. If you were able to converse with Satan or other supposedly demonic being would you be able to sleep at night?

Most people can't answer that last question with an emphatic "Yes." The reality is it takes years of work to become sensitive to such things, and few people have the stomach. Why doesn't everyone become a knife juggler? Ahh, fear... it's a powerful thing. So it is with Theistic Satanism -- it can be the most gratifying spiritual awakening you've ever experienced or mentally destroy you to the point where you need a little white jacket and a padded room. Still sound like fun?

Theistic Satanism is a hands-on religion. You can't get anywhere by reading a bunch you will merely have illusions to what really goes on. There is no real faith component other than say faith in ones own convictions. It doesn't compare to conventional religions at all other than some methods used.

Last edited:
What's in it for me? Why should I seek out Satan? And who would you side with if you had to; God or the devil?

One night a tone deaf Black Man sold his soul to the devil in a blue suit, and the devil gave him the gift of being a musician with rhythm!

Yes, you can be that Black Man! Anything your heart desires: money, fame, girls, cars, muscles, godhood even. All these can be yours for the affordable price of: You Soul!

I know, I know, you're prolly wondering: "Wow! just for my soul. Das cheap! How do these people stay in business!?"

Satanists would side with Satan on Judgment Day. Because Satan is good to us. he lets us kill, do drugs, have premarital sex, have children out of wedlock, be racists, love money, etc. Does your god let you do that?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
<...>
Satanists would side with Satan on Judgment Day. Because Satan is good to us. he lets us kill, do drugs, have premarital sex, have children out of wedlock, be racists, love money, etc. Does your god let you do that?

[satire] SOP for tribal Gods. Some tribal Gods have even been known to order people to do so, and then turn around tell them to hate others that do this. What else have you got? [/satire]

jimniki

supremely undecisive
Is there anybody on this forum who believes in the existence of a satanic type god but not a good god.
If so, do they believe there are more than 1 creator?

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Is there anybody on this forum who believes in the existence of a satanic type god but not a good god.
If so, do they believe there are more than 1 creator?

I think most view their gods in at least the light of "greater good" even if they're not good in the eyes of others. I think I've established plenty of people are happy with their notion of Satan -- that guy just doesn't happen to be who the Christians think he is in most cases. Most Satanists don't believe in Jehovah because anyone that can do research can see he is an obvious fabrication. Regardless of whether Satan is the creator of everything it is pretty much accepted he considered humanity his favored sons and daughters and has always been associated with the promethian elements. That is what the Theistic Satanist spends their time with basically -- a celebration of this liberation and perfection of it. Mastery of such freedom leads to apotheosis in a nutshell. That is the entire focus or goal. If that sounds bad to you then you probably need a head check. It has nothing to do with the soul stealing, fear-mongering, baby killing, or other silliness others feel about us.

omnifarious

Acolyte of Revelation

Well, if you have to ask...

Yes and no. The image of Satan I worship is that of a brilliant God who illuminates the path to true realization. The image of the Satan from the Bible is that of a mischievous, spiteful, lost child. It is a mangled image of Satan which has been distorted in order to propel their Yahweh above Satan and serve their own agendas.

Robert Alexander

Knowledge, wisdom, enlightenment, power to accomplish your ultimate goals/to fulfill your ultimate purpose, empowering you to fully live up to your potential and take from your existence all that which brings you joy, if only you are willing to do what it takes, as long as you know who you are and what you want and set your will in stone and your mind in fire and take it. The only limitation there is for a person is themselves. That is what Satan is here to show you. You yourself can be a god of this world, if you have what it takes. Satan offers "Nirvana" but through the opposite path of Buddhism. Think of Satan like a left hand path Buddha, and you'll get the picture. He's here to bring great change to the world, to usher in a new golden age, and it is up to you to make that world happen.