• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Since Luke is the writer of Acts and writes about Paul, I don't see Luke acting like a Pharisee

I have finished reading Acts and I have studied this concept of spiritual Israel.

First, I agree that the author of Acts is not acting like a Pharisee. This is because all theological claims are spiritually sourced. There is nothing in Acts which indicates the transfer of the name Israel to some other nation. Nor is there an abrogation of the Mosaic law. In fact, what is described in Acts is the OPPOSITE of an abrogation of the law. It upholds the law in multiple places. It confirms different rules for the non-Jew compared to the Jew.

At best, a person can look to Matthew 21:43. But this does not transfer the name Israel. It transfers what Jesus describes as the Kingdom of God. Further, in Acts 1, the possibility for Israel to return to the Kingdom is left open ended. It is within the jurisdiction of the Father, not the apostles. The fact that the so-called "Spiritual Israel" does not exist in writing, and is only inferred by the epistles/letters proves conclusively that this is a man-made doctrine which does not exist in the Hebrew bible, nor in the words of Jesus, nor in the Acts of the Apostles. If it was true, pure, and holy a person would not need to go to a letter. They would be able to go to the word of God. Further, in context, none of the epistles transfer the name Israel to anyone else. Romans claims that the name can be lost by an individual, but it doesn't say that it can be transferred. Peter describes the glory and beauty of the Christian people as equivilant or better than Israel. And only in closing in Galatians is there a blessing offered to the remnant of Israel of God. No one, and no where is the name Israel being transferred. Spritual Israel is a man-made doctrine.

My objection is primarily the theft of the name Israel. The apostles are called to be a witness. That is in Acts 1. They are not called to change, amend, or remove. A witness tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This is the divine mandate and their holy purpose. Theft is a lie. The thief has lied to themself, has deluded themself to magically take possession of something which is not theirs. And when it comes to identity theft, they are lying to others.

Theft is a crime of the highest order against God and creation. It is a law binding on each and every human living being. It is the first crime, in the beginning, occuring in the garden. Not only are Adam and Eve guilty, but also the serpent who steals God's authority staking a claim on God's knowledge and offering it to Eve. ( "... For God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." ) And all of this is born from Envy. The serpent envied Adam, and envied God. The serpent desired Eve, and also desired to be acknowledged/worshipped as equal to God. God is the knower. The serpent stole this and claimed it. It's a theft of God's identity which was leveraged against the innocent. That is a crime against God and creation.

This same crime spread and results in the Great Flood. If you notice, in Genesis 6:2, the women were being taken as wives. Taken by those to whom they did not belong. It was theft. Women as wives were given to man and none other per Genesis 1:24 Just like the serpent, the women were desired and then they were taken in spite of divine law. This led to violence, and corruption, and robbery over the entire earth.

The point I'm making is that theft is very old. The prohibtion is much older than Moses, it goes back to the very beginning, and it is incumbent on everyone over the face of all the earth. This is confirmed by Zecharia 5:3-4:
Then he said to me: “This is the curse that is going out over the face of all the earth, because everyone who steals, as written on its one side, has gone unpunished; and everyone who makes a sworn oath, as written on its other side, has gone unpunished. 4 ‘I have sent it out,’ declares Jehovah of armies, ‘and it will enter into the house of the thief and into the house of the one who makes a false oath in my name; and it will remain inside that house and consume it and its timbers and its stones.’”​

Hopefully this explains my strong reaction to the theft of the name Israel which is indeed a man-made doctrine. Everyone who steals, a curse will enter their house and consume it. And being directed to accept a man-made doctrine from a Christian is hypocrisy.

There is so much good contained in the Christian bible. There is no reason or authority for a Christian to take the name Israel or anything which was not given or revealed to them.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

I have finished reading Acts and I have studied this concept of spiritual Israel.

First, I agree that the author of Acts is not acting like a Pharisee. This is because all theological claims are spiritually sourced. There is nothing in Acts which indicates the transfer of the name Israel to some other nation. Nor is there an abrogation of the Mosaic law. In fact, what is described in Acts is the OPPOSITE of an abrogation of the law. It upholds the law in multiple places. It confirms different rules for the non-Jew compared to the Jew.

At best, a person can look to Matthew 21:43. But this does not transfer the name Israel. It transfers what Jesus describes as the Kingdom of God. Further, in Acts 1, the possibility for Israel to return to the Kingdom is left open ended. It is within the jurisdiction of the Father, not the apostles. The fact that the so-called "Spiritual Israel" does not exist in writing, and is only inferred by the epistles/letters proves conclusively that this is a man-made doctrine which does not exist in the Hebrew bible, nor in the words of Jesus, nor in the Acts of the Apostles. If it was true, pure, and holy a person would not need to go to a letter. They would be able to go to the word of God. Further, in context, none of the epistles transfer the name Israel to anyone else. Romans claims that the name can be lost by an individual, but it doesn't say that it can be transferred. Peter describes the glory and beauty of the Christian people as equivilant or better than Israel. And only in closing in Galatians is there a blessing offered to the remnant of Israel of God. No one, and no where is the name Israel being transferred. Spritual Israel is a man-made doctrine.

My objection is primarily the theft of the name Israel. The apostles are called to be a witness. That is in Acts 1. They are not called to change, amend, or remove. A witness tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This is the divine mandate and their holy purpose. Theft is a lie. The thief has lied to themself, has deluded themself to magically take possession of something which is not theirs. And when it comes to identity theft, they are lying to others.

Theft is a crime of the highest order against God and creation. It is a law binding on each and every human living being. It is the first crime, in the beginning, occuring in the garden. Not only are Adam and Eve guilty, but also the serpent who steals God's authority staking a claim on God's knowledge and offering it to Eve. ( "... For God knows that in the day you eat of it, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil." ) And all of this is born from Envy. The serpent envied Adam, and envied God. The serpent desired Eve, and also desired to be acknowledged/worshipped as equal to God. God is the knower. The serpent stole this and claimed it. It's a theft of God's identity which was leveraged against the innocent. That is a crime against God and creation.

This same crime spread and results in the Great Flood. If you notice, in Genesis 6:2, the women were being taken as wives. Taken by those to whom they did not belong. It was theft. Women as wives were given to man and none other per Genesis 1:24 Just like the serpent, the women were desired and then they were taken in spite of divine law. This led to violence, and corruption, and robbery over the entire earth.

The point I'm making is that theft is very old. The prohibtion is much older than Moses, it goes back to the very beginning, and it is incumbent on everyone over the face of all the earth. This is confirmed by Zecharia 5:3-4:
Then he said to me: “This is the curse that is going out over the face of all the earth, because everyone who steals, as written on its one side, has gone unpunished; and everyone who makes a sworn oath, as written on its other side, has gone unpunished. 4 ‘I have sent it out,’ declares Jehovah of armies, ‘and it will enter into the house of the thief and into the house of the one who makes a false oath in my name; and it will remain inside that house and consume it and its timbers and its stones.’”​

Hopefully this explains my strong reaction to the theft of the name Israel which is indeed a man-made doctrine. Everyone who steals, a curse will enter their house and consume it. And being directed to accept a man-made doctrine from a Christian is hypocrisy.

There is so much good contained in the Christian bible. There is no reason or authority for a Christian to take the name Israel or anything which was not given or revealed to them.
There is no such thing as a "spiritual Israel". You only have a spiritual Mount Zion. Supposedly Acts was written by some unknown character called Luke, and Luke in Luke 1:1-3 says he witnessed nothing, but simply took notes as to other unspecified persons stories, which I assume included stories of a camping trip in the wilderness by the false prophet Paul. By the way, Yeshua said if some nut job says "he" is in the wilderness, do not believe them (Mt 24:26). Israel is the name given to a real person, Jacob, who passed that name to Joseph, who passed that name to Ephraim, as with regard to the 10 northern lost tribes of Israel, "the lost sheep of Israel" (Mt 10:6), who will be under judgement (Hosea 5), along with Judah/Jews, until after 2 days (2000 years) (Hosea 6:2). Your Gentile church, the church of Peter and Paul, is the "flock doomed for slaughter" of Zechariah 11:7, shepherded by Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zech 11:16-17, who would leave the flock, and Paul, called "Favor", because of his false gospel of grace, (Zech 11:10). The "sons of Israel/Jacob wil return and seek the LORD their God and David their king....in the last days", which is the "end of the age".

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Romans 14:2 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Therefore, you, @URAVIP2ME, acknowledge and believe that there is Sin and Not just saying that this is what is written in the Holy Scriptures/Bible.
The Essence of the New Covenant can only be understood in Relation to the Old Covenant.
What is your Religion? I have taken a look at your Profile and there is no information in About concerning your Identity. Those members that don't proudly Declare, Advertise and Assert their Religion are Atheist because Christians Proudly Declare, Advertise and Assert their Religion.
There are Atheists in Christendom by Behaviour. When you behave in accordance with Unbelief in Elohim/God this makes you an Atheist. I assume that you are having Recreational Sex and Eating Anything you want............
I find your ^ above ^ posting to be crude and rude besides insulting ( Is that your religion's behavior )
I hope you show your posting to your Minister.
I'm here to discuss the Bible and when I mentioned which religion I'm told I'm trying to make converts which is Not allowed here.
1st Corinthians 8:8 teaches 'food does Not commend us to God...... ' Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant - Romans 10:4; 7:6; Matt 5:17
Christians are under Jesus' NEW Commandment found at John 13;34-35

As far as Romans 14:2 under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel pork was forbidden - Leviticus 11:7
After Jesus died and was resurrected his followers could eat pork - Ephesians 2:15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Thank you for your reply. Because I believe ALL Scripture is God inspired (2nd Tim 3:16-17) then besides Acts,etc. I take into consideration 1st Peter 2:9,5.
Please notice the mention of a holy nation a spiritual house. The old house (of worship) was abandoned by God - Matthew 23:38; 21:43
Since Pentecost ' Jerusalem above ' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26; 3:28
No longer fleshy-national-earthly Israel - Colossians 3:11

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Thank you for your reply. Because I believe ALL Scripture is God inspired (2nd Tim 3:16-17)

Respectfully, I think you are taking this out of context:

15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the servant of God a may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.​
The scriptures that are being spoken of here are not letters. They are "The Holy Scriptures" from Timothy's infancy. Timothy came from a pious Jewish family. That means we're talking about the Hebrew bible. And certainly these letters had not been circulated. Not since the reader had been an infant. But let's pretend that the author is talking about these letters. That means the author taking authority for themself.

then besides Acts,etc. I take into consideration 1st Peter 2:9,5.
Please notice the mention of a holy nation a spiritual house. The old house (of worship) was abandoned by God - Matthew 23:38; 21:43
Since Pentecost ' Jerusalem above ' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26; 3:28
No longer fleshy-national-earthly Israel - Colossians 3:11

Yes, I mentioned Matthew 21:43 in my reply. Yes, I agree that Jesus is removing them from "The Kingdom of God". And Matthew 23:38 also is a similar statement. But neither of those transfer the name Israel to someone else. Also Acts shows that Israel might be able to return to the kingdom. It is not in the apostles authority to know the fate of Israel.
6 So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction."
Notice: "It does not belong to you [ them ]". Any attempt to usurp this is a real problem in my opinion. As I clearly outlined in my previous post.

The other epistles require actual authority in order to be binding. I'm not spending the time to look them up. If you would like to quote the verses, I will read them. But I will be looking for actual spiritual credentials. "The holy spirit through David says ... " "This is stated in the Prophets ..." "Jehovah says ... " It needs to be something real.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

I find your ^ above ^ posting to be crude and rude besides insulting ( Is that your religion's behavior )
I'm here to discuss the Bible and when I mentioned which religion I'm told I'm trying to make converts which is Not allowed here.
1st Corinthians 8:8 teaches 'food does Not commend us to God...... ' Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant - Romans 10:4; 7:6; Matt 5:17

As far as Romans 14:2 under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel pork was forbidden - Leviticus 11:7
After Jesus died and was resurrected his followers could eat pork - Ephesians 2:15
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Asserting your Religion in your Profile is Not trying to make converts, as almost all members declare their Religion or Non-Religion/Atheism in their profile.

People find the Truth Insulting. You appear to be a Deceiver, as Religious Forums have not stated you cannot Assert you Religion in your Profile or in threads. You are just not allowed to try and make converts.

Therefore, you, @URAVIP2ME, have Confirmed that you are having Recreational Sex and Eating anything you want. Almost all the 2.2 Billions of Christians in Christendom are having Recreation Sex and Eating anything they want. This is the Earthly Christianity of the Universal Roman Catholic Church. Elohim/God has given Earthly Christians Dominion over the Earth.

625px-Oblater_Alterbr%C3%B8d_3.jpg

Patene-byzantine.jpg

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Your theory is based on quotes from the "message" of the "enemy"/"devil" (Mt 13:25), with an insertion of Matthew 5:17, which your take is the exact opposite of what Yeshua said, as spelled out in Mt 5:18, which is to say, until "heaven and earth passes away", no "letter of the law will pass away. Which is to say, the Law has not passed away, and the "LORD" has not crushed the nations surrounding Jerusalem with a "plague", the likes of radiation poisoning (Zech 14:12), and the nations haven't been summoned to the "valley of judgment (Har-Magedon) Joel 3:2, and the "king" doesn't rule from Jerusalem, with the nations keeping the "Feast of Unleavened bread" every year (Zech 14:16). You are apparently holding the party line, but that party, the "house" of the daughters of Babylon, are about to "fall" (Mt 7:27).

New American Standard Bible (Mt 5:18)
For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke of a letter shall pass from the Law, until all is accomplished!

Joel 3:1“For behold, in those days and at that time,
When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,

2I will gather all the nations
And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat.
Then I will enter into judgment with them there
On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
And they have divided up My land.

American Standard Bible Zechariah 14:12
Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
..........................6 So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?” 7 He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction."
Notice: "It does not belong to you [ them ]". Any attempt to usurp this is a real problem in my opinion. As I clearly outlined in my previous post.
The other epistles require actual authority in order to be binding. I'm not spending the time to look them up. If you would like to quote the verses, I will read them. But I will be looking for actual spiritual credentials. "The holy spirit through David says ... " "This is stated in the Prophets ..." "Jehovah says ... " It needs to be something real.
Yes, even in the first century it was Not to know the times or season but Jesus gave the clue, the 1st-century warning to flee Jerusalem when encamped by the Roman armies at Luke 19:43-44. That happened in the year 66 before the destruction of un-faithful Jerusalem in the year 70.
So, yes, even today (Not to know day /hour) but Jesus gave us a clue about the ' season ' at Matt. 24:32-33,36-37
Thus, it is Not our task to figure out the day or hour, but to keep busy and do as Jesus instructed to do at Matt. 24:13-14 to declare to the nations about the good news (gospel) about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44-45) that Jesus as King of God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) and Prince of Peace is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the world of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15; Psalm 92:7

2ndpillar

Yes, even in the first century it was Not to know the times or season but Jesus gave the clue, the 1st-century warning to flee Jerusalem when encamped by the Roman armies at Luke 19:43-44. That happened in the year 66 before the destruction of un-faithful Jerusalem in the year 70.
So, yes, even today (Not to know day /hour) but Jesus gave us a clue about the ' season ' at Matt. 24:32-33,36-37
Thus, it is Not our task to figure out the day or hour, but to keep busy and do as Jesus instructed to do at Matt. 24:13-14 to declare to the nations about the good news (gospel) about God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44-45) that Jesus as King of God's Kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) and Prince of Peace is the one who will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Executional words from Jesus' mouth will rid the world of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15; Psalm 92:7
Luke 19:43-44 is about the Temple and says nothing about "fleeing" but it is about the destruction of the Temple. The "fleeing" is as regards the "abomination of desolation" which is another time and place (Mt 24:15-16), and is about the "great tribulation", which "immediately" precedes the coming of the son of man (Mt 24:29). You are taking words taken from here and there and making your own narrative. What "rids the world of the wicked" will be the angels, who will "gather" the "wicked"/"tares" (those who look like wheat), and toss them into the "furnace of fire" (Mt 13:25-50). As for Isaiah 11:3-4, after he (David)(shoot from Jesse) is set up by the LORD, as prince and lone shepherd (Ez 34:23-24), David will judge by way of the Spirit of the LORD, the spirit of knowledge and fear of the LORD. As for Rev 19:14-15, your "Prince of Peace" will rule with a "sharp sword" and a "rod of iron" and at that time the "flesh of kings" shall be eaten (Rev 19:17).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
David is still asleep in the grave - Acts 2:34
Jesus comes with angelic armies - Rev. 19:14-15
Jesus is Commander in Chief (Hail to the Chief !) of angelic armies.

2ndpillar

David is still asleep in the grave - Acts 2:34
Jesus comes with angelic armies - Rev. 19:14-15
Jesus is Commander in Chief (Hail to the Chief !) of angelic armies.
The armies in "fine linen" of Rev 19:14 are with respect to the "saints" "in fine linen" ("righteous acts of the saints") which is in respect to the "bride" of Rev 19:8, "who hold to the "testimony" of Yeshua, the "spirit of prophecy" (Spirit of God) (Rev 19:10), which would be the "message" of the "son of man" (Matthew 13:38-39) in lieu of the "message" of the "enemy" (Mt 13:25), which is the "message" of the "devil". The "LORD's" "angels" are used to "gather" the "tares" and throw them into the "furnace of fire". (Mt 13:30) at the "end of the age". The "Commander in Chief" is the Lord God, who will judge between the sheep and then turn the rulership over to David (Ezekiel 34:22-24).

Ezekiel 34:22 therefore, I will deliver My flock, and they will no longer be a prey; and I will judge between one sheep and another.
23“Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24“And I, the LORD, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the LORD have spoken