• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

2ndpillar

Are you saying that you Do Not Actually Experience the Elohim/God or the Spiritual? If yes, how can you develop on the daily basis something that you don't actually experience? When you walk on the ground you can feel/experience the physical on your feet, is it not similar for the Spiritual?
Many people follow spirits, but where those demons come from is another question (Rev 16:13).

Elihoenai

Psalms 25:9

He guides the humble in judgment; and he teaches the humble his way.​

Humility is requried. Superiority is rejected. That is the way.

Only 7 completely unholy nations are to be utterly destroyed. Why is defined in Deuteronomy 12:31

You shall not do so to the Lord your God; for every abomination to the Lord, which he hates, have they done to their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burned in the fire to their gods.

So, the covenant is eternal just as God is eternal. Leviticus 26:43-44

The land also shall be left by them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lies desolate without them; and they shall accept the punishment of their iniquity; because, because they despised my judgments, and because their soul loathed my statutes.​
And yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, nor will I loathe them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them; for I am the Lord their God.​
And yet ... I will not ... break my covenant ... for I am the Lord their God. That is an eternal covenant. Unbreakable.

Agreed.

Nope.

Nope. Going from stubborn to submissive is evidence of a miracle.

Yes, 100% rejected.

Psalms 37:11
But the humble shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.​
I'm in the dark about who I'm talking to. You have not answered the question about whether you are a Jew or a Gentile convert to Judaism. You appear to be suggesting that Israel must be Submissive to the Nations.

The Talmud acknowledges the Superiority of Israel over the Nations, as taught in the Torah/Hebrew Bible (Christian and Jewish Perspective Clips):

Jewish Talmud Exposed

The Truth About the Talmud

Elihoenai

Even an atheist can cultivate the qualities found at Galatians 5:22-23. One does Not have to be Christian to do that.
Romans 8:8-9

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

It appears an Atheist can on the Surface. These qualities cannot be Cultivated while a person is Wallowing in and Enjoying their Sins/Flesh. Elohim/God is Spirit and those that Worship him Must Worship him in Spirit and in Truth. Therefore, Really an Atheist cannot cultivate Spiritual qualities because they don't believe in Elohim/God.

There is a Difference between those Cultivating the Spirit and those in the Flesh/Sin.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm in the dark about who I'm talking to. You have not answered the question about whether you are a Jew or a Gentile convert to Judaism.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I just went through our entire exchange. It began in post #144. You never asked me my religious background or lineage.

Hello, My name is Daniel Yosef ben Meir Hirsch. Dybmh. I am Jewish by birth. Both parents, both sets of grandparents completely 100% Jewish. My mother is a Levi. My wife is Jewish 100% both parents both sets of grandparents, and we are raising our children Jewish.

You appear to be suggesting that Israel must be Submissive to the Nations.

Not even close. I have been showing you scripture which requires humility. Submission is to God. The law is superior, not the Jewish people. We will be lifted up, and be a light, like a lighthouse. Naturally the other nations will see this and conclude the nation is great and wise. From this some of them, many, will choose to be under us. But! If it is not with humility then we will be cast down. No more lighthouse.

Psalms 115:1

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for your loving kindness, and for your truth’s sake.​
Not to us ... Not to us repeated for emphasis.

Now, kindly direct me to the posts where I have suggested submission to nations so that I can learn from the mistake that I have made. Or perhaps acknowledge that you have made a mistake.

The Talmud acknowledges the Superiority of Israel over the Nations, as taught in the Torah/Hebrew Bible (Christian and Jewish Perspective Clips):

Unless you can show me that the Talmud is word of God prophecy, I see no reason to bring it into the discussion. If there is a valid claim made in the Talmud, please bring it using scripture.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
So do you think some are under the law of Moses? Remember that the nation agreed to obey the covenant Moses presented to them.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. I think Jewish people are eternally under the law of Moses.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Are you saying that you Do Not Actually Experience the Elohim/God or the Spiritual? If yes, how can you develop on the daily basis something that you don't actually experience? When you walk on the ground you can feel/experience the physical on your feet, is it not similar for the Spiritual?
I may have thought I did back then. There were sometimes when I thought I did. Like speaking in tongues. Why did I experience that? Not sure how to sort that out now. I make sure I to acknowledge certain things, like I didn't make the ground I walk on, and appreciate it is there, so I am thankful to whoever put it there.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
* [3:16] All scripture is inspired by God: this could possibly also be translated, “All scripture inspired by God is useful for….” In this classic reference to inspiration, God is its principal author, with the writer as the human collaborator. Thus the scriptures are the word of God in human language. See also 2 Pt 1:20–21.
Thank you for your reply because an inquiring mind wants to know.
Yes, as a Boss has secretaries the Boss is still the one who signs their work for him as being his work because he is the originator.
The secretaries write down the thoughts of their Boss and Not their own ideas or thoughts.
An actual Boss would be present, but it was God's spirit that was used for the Bible writers - Psalm 104:30; Psalm 33:6
For as secretaries would use their hands, God used His spirit as the ' finger of God ' - Luke 11:13,20; Exodus 8:19; Exodus 31:18 B

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Well, it's Easter Tuesday, everyone (who is Christian).
Easter is the Resurrection of Spring, Not Jesus.
Just as a wedding anniversary does Not always come on Tuesday, Nor does the annual resurrection day of Jesus alway fall on a Sunday.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Was Paul given authority to change the law?
Jesus already changed the Law by fulfilling it - Romans 10:4 as found at Matt. 5:17.
Only Jesus, Not us, could fulfill or keep the Law - John 8:46
Jesus did Not teach to keep seeking the Law, but rather now to seek God's kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) - Matt. 6:32-33
As the Law had regulations so does God's kingdom but in the hands of Christ Jesus - Daniel 2:44-45; Daniel chapter 7:13-14,27
Paul changed none of what Jesus put in place. - John 13:34-35; 1st Peter 2:16-17

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I may have thought I did back then. There were sometimes when I thought I did. Like speaking in tongues. Why did I experience that? Not sure how to sort that out now.......................
Speaking in a foreign language ( KJV tongues ) was just a 1st-century miraculous gift so that all people could understand what they were learning.
Acts 10:45-46; Acts 2:4
In other words, foreign-speaking peoples visiting Jerusalem could readily understand what was spoken thus go back home and readily spread the good news (gospel) message as Jesus instructed to do at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8 to kick start 1st-century Christianity. Get Christianity off to a good flying start.

2ndpillar

I find come from knowing who Jesus is - Luke 4:41; Mark 3:11
So you have to go to demons to find relevance for Yeshua? According to Luke 1:1-3, Luke was not a witness to your sacred event of demons identifying Yeshua as the son of God, whereas Yeshua identified anyone who does the will of God as his brother and a son of God. Yeshua identified his listeners as sons of God, yet I don't see you kneeling down before me. Let us me a little more circumspect.

John 10:35 Jesus replied, “Is it not written in your Law: ‘I have said you are gods’? 35If he called them gods to whom the word of God came— and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36then what about the One whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world? How then can you accuse Me of blasphemy for stating that I am the Son of God?…

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Elihoenai

I think you have me confused with someone else. I just went through our entire exchange. It began in post #144. You never asked me my religious background or lineage.
I stated in post #225 that I made the assumption that you are a Jew or a Gentile convert to Judaism and asked what is your Religion: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Hello, My name is Daniel Yosef ben Meir Hirsch. Dybmh. I am Jewish by birth. Both parents, both sets of grandparents completely 100% Jewish. My mother is a Levi. My wife is Jewish 100% both parents both sets of grandparents, and we are raising our children Jewish.
Hi, The clarity about your Religious Identity is much appreciated.

Not even close. I have been showing you scripture which requires humility. Submission is to God. The law is superior, not the Jewish people. We will be lifted up, and be a light, like a lighthouse. Naturally the other nations will see this and conclude the nation is great and wise. From this some of them, many, will choose to be under us. But! If it is not with humility then we will be cast down. No more lighthouse.

Psalms 115:1

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for your loving kindness, and for your truth’s sake.​
Not to us ... Not to us repeated for emphasis.
You have made clear Submission is to Elohim/God. You said that Elohim/God is Superior/Supreme. Do you agree that Elohim/God gave the Law to Israel to make Israel like him? If yes, that means Submission to Elohim/God through Obedience to Elohim's/God's Law makes Israel Superior to the Nations.

Now, kindly direct me to the posts where I have suggested submission to nations so that I can learn from the mistake that I have made. Or perhaps acknowledge that you have made a mistake.
I misunderstood your #228 post: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

I did not have your Religious Identity before so suspected that possibly could be an Atheist in a War Against Religion using Subtility promoting bringing Elohim's/God's People under Subjection to the Gentiles.

Unless you can show me that the Talmud is word of God prophecy, I see no reason to bring it into the discussion. If there is a valid claim made in the Talmud, please bring it using scripture.
Don't you believe that the Talmud is the Prophetic Word of Elohim/God? We will stick with the Torah/Hebrew Bible

Elihoenai

I may have thought I did back then. There were sometimes when I thought I did. Like speaking in tongues. Why did I experience that? Not sure how to sort that out now. I make sure I to acknowledge certain things, like I didn't make the ground I walk on, and appreciate it is there, so I am thankful to whoever put it there.
Why you experienced Speaking in Tongues is profound and good question.

There is Godly Spirit and Demonic Spirits. It could be that you were Temporarily Possessed by Spiritual Entity. Do you think that when you Spoke in Tongues it was Elohim/God in the Spirit or considered that, possibly, was Demonic Spirit? Did you understand what you were saying? It sounds like you were a Pentecostal when this happen to you. Were you Pentecostal?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Why you experienced Speaking in Tongues is profound and good question.

There is Godly Spirit and Demonic Spirits. It could be that you were Temporarily Possessed by Spiritual Entity. Do you think that when you Spoke in Tongues it was Elohim/God in the Spirit or considered that, possibly, was Demonic Spirit? Did you understand what you were saying? It sounds like you were a Pentecostal when this happen to you. Were you Pentecostal?
I was Baptist at the time, so I don't know if they think speaking in tongues as something for today, but I don't think it was a demonic spirit. It was a peaceful and warm feeling. Not Pentecostal. I got baptized a second time in a Pentecostal church and it was kind of scary. People crying out and running down the aisles and stuff. Not for me.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Jesus already changed the Law by fulfilling it - Romans 10:4 as found at Matt. 5:17.

Ignoring Romans...Making a religious claim based on what Paul says, is like telling someone to wash based on what the elders say.
17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill. 18 Truly I say to you that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one stroke of a letter to pass away from the Law until all things take place. 19 Whoever, therefore, breaks one of these least commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in relation to the Kingdom of the heavens. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in relation to the Kingdom of the heavens. 20 For I say to you that if your righteousness does not surpass that of the scribes and the Pharisees,+ you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens.​

"until all things take place" - When there is peace on earth, then, maybe we can start to talk about changing the law. Until then...

"Whoever breaks one of these least commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least. Whoever does them and teaches them will be called great." - The entire law is in effect, from the least commandment ( Deuteronomy 22:6 ) to the greatest commandment ( Deuteronomy 6:5 ). Jesus rebukes anyone who teaches breaking any of them.

"if your righteousness does not surpass that of the scribes and the Pharisees, you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens." - Righteousness requires knowing. Righetousness is a choice. No one is accidentally righteous. A righteous person sees what is right, sees what is wrong, and chooses to do what is right in spite of whatever obstacles there are. The only way to surpass the righteousness of the pharisees and the scribes is to know what they knew, to understand why they did it, and to have the wisdom to apply it in today's world. That takes practice. The law of Moses must be practiced in order to be more righteous than the pharisees and the scribes.

Only Jesus, Not us, could fulfill or keep the Law - John 8:46

You are correct in this way. If you are not Jewish, you cannot fulfill or keep the law. If I have two children, and I ask the younger one to clean their room before playing outside. The older one cannot fulfill that rule. Even if the room gets cleaned. The rule was given to the younger child to teach them. The older child probably knows how to keep tidy. If the older child cleans the younger child's room, the younger child never learns to keep tidy. Yes, the room is clean, but, that wasn't the point. The rule is given to the younger child for a reason. Even if the older child doesn't understand the reason, that doesn't matter. the older child cannot fulfill or keep the rule because it was not given to them.

Now, if you're actually Jewish, and the law was given to you and me, let's see what John 8:46 has to say:

"Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me?"

Is this the verse you intended to cite? I read the entire chapter and no where does it say or imply "Only Jesus, Not us, could fulfill or keep the Law". However it does say:

"The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God." IOW, anything from Paul needs to be a direct quote of something holy. Paul's loopholes are not permissible.

Jesus did Not teach to keep seeking the Law, but rather now to seek God's kingdom ( thy kingdom come.... ) - Matt. 6:32-33

Interesting, let's see if Matthew 6 contradicts Matthew 5. I doubt it.

OH! This is the end of the speech began in Matthew 5. Jesus already told us ( at least me ) to keep the law. Let's put these two together.

Whoever, therefore, breaks one of these least commandments and teaches others to do so will be called least in relation to the Kingdom of the heavens. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in relation to the Kingdom of the heavens. 20 For I say to you that if your righteousness does not surpass that of the scribes and the Pharisees,+ you will by no means enter into the Kingdom of the heavens.
32 For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.+ 34 So never be anxious about the next day,+ for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.​

You said, "rather now to seek God's kingdom". You left out righteousness. The verse says "the Kingdom and his righteousness". And His Righteousness. Righteousness is required. That means the law is required. Knowing the law, understanding the pharisees and the scribes, and having the wisdom to apply it surpassing them is required. That takes practice.

As the Law had regulations so does God's kingdom but in the hands of Christ Jesus - Daniel 2:44-45; Daniel chapter 7:13-14,27

OK, Daniel... love it...
44 “In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, 45 just as you saw that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and that it crushed the iron, the copper, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The Grand God has made known to the king what will happen in the future. The dream is true, and its interpretation is trustworthy.”​

This ^^ hasn't happened yet. All the kingdoms have not been crushed.
13 “I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man+ was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days,+ and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership,+ honor,+ and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him.+ His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.+ “‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One.+ Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,+ and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’​
Also this ^^ hasn't happened yet. All rulerships are not serving and are not obeying.

So, whatever it is you think is in Christ Jesus' hands, it's in the future. It's not now.

Paul changed none of what Jesus put in place. - John 13:34-35; 1st Peter 2:16-17

Ignoring Peter... ( making a religious claim based on Peter is like asking me to wash based on the elders )

34 I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you,+ you also love one another.+ 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

OK... so what? Jesus is speaking to his disciples. Nothing here is saying anything about the law of Moses. Certainly Paul's loopholes aren't being condoned.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Ok so you compare Paul and Peter both to elders. Gotcha.

The point is, do things for the right reasons. Don't do them because some person said so.

But, the real comparrison is, if someone asks me to listen to Paul, they're acting like the pharisees.