• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Elihoenai

Exodus 12:21

21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

What does the Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Festival mean to you? What will you be doing as a Memorial to this Festival? Do you think Elohim/God will be pleased with your Festivities?

2ndpillar

Exodus 12:21

21 Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

What does the Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Festival mean to you? What will you be doing as a Memorial to this Festival? Do you think Elohim/God will be pleased with your Festivities?
Easter, a festival to the pagan god Astarte, instituted during the 325 A.D. Council of Nicaea, which was convened by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13:11), the Roman emperor Constantine, has nothing to do with Passover, which is with respect to applying some of the blood on the door posts and lintels, to ward off the coming angels of death, and it was not "passover" that was killed, but the "Passover lamb", per Exodus 12:21-22. It was "passover" that was killed by the Roman Gentile church and replaced by the pagan spring festival of Astarte. Today the blood on the doorposts is replaced by the "Commandments" posted on the doorpost (Deut 6:9), otherwise, the "angels", which are coming again, will come into one's house at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30), and "gather" those who "commit lawlessness" as in breaking the Commandments (Matthew 13:39-42). Oh yeah, those that "commit lawlessness", will then be thrown into the "furnace of fire", as in the coming "great tribulation", as in the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think religious ritual is all fine & dandy, and I do enjoy them as entertainment. We will be celebrating both Easter and Passover shortly, and it's always a pleasure getting together with family, such as tomorrow when we celebrate our anniversary and my birthday [56 and 78 years].

Elihoenai

Easter, a festival to the pagan god Astarte, instituted during the 325 A.D. Council of Nicaea, which was convened by the "beast with two horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13:11), the Roman emperor Constantine, has nothing to do with Passover, which is with respect to applying some of the blood on the door posts and lintels, to ward off the coming angels of death, and it was not "passover" that was killed, but the "Passover lamb", per Exodus 12:21-22. It was "passover" that was killed by the Roman Gentile church and replaced by the pagan spring festival of Astarte. Today the blood on the doorposts is replaced by the "Commandments" posted on the doorpost (Deut 6:9), otherwise, the "angels", which are coming again, will come into one's house at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30), and "gather" those who "commit lawlessness" as in breaking the Commandments (Matthew 13:39-42). Oh yeah, those that "commit lawlessness", will then be thrown into the "furnace of fire", as in the coming "great tribulation", as in the "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32).
By this reply it appears that you are practising Messianic Judaism while Rejecting Elohim's/God's Inspired Apostle Paul. Given that you are hiding your Religion, it appears that you are are Ashamed of it, if you have any Religion at all.

Elohim/God has the Power to Reclaim anything that belongs to him that has been Corrupted. Elohim's/God's Lowest Form the Devil/Satan Corrupted the Passover that belonged to the True Elohim/God.

Given that you have Godly Sincerity, the Passover and Easter Sun Worship can be Reclaimed as the True Elohim's/God's Possession.

Are Ethnic Religious Jews practising the Passover as detailed in Exodus 12? No!

As far as I'm aware, only the Samaritans are practising the Passover near to Elohim's/God's Requirements of Exodus 12:

Video for mature adults and parents guidance.

Samaritan Passover Samaria 2010

Last edited:

Elihoenai

I think religious ritual is all fine & dandy, and I do enjoy them as entertainment. We will be celebrating both Easter and Passover shortly, and it's always a pleasure getting together with family, such as tomorrow when we celebrate our anniversary and my birthday [56 and 78 years].
Informative and honest reply much appreciated. The Passover/Easter you view as Entertainment. Do you agree that almost all the 2.2 Billion Christian members of the Universal Roman Catholic Church also view the Passover/Easter as Entertainment?

wellwisher

Christianity was based on superseding the old Law. Law was connected to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and Satan. God did not want Adam and Eve to know law; knowledge of good and evil. He created a taboo not to eat from the tree of good and evil; was not good food for thought. Satan, cons Eve and then Adam to accept law of good and evil, under the guise, this would make them become like gods; appeal to their fear and vanity.

How can law be from God, if God did not condone law from day one?

After Adam and Eve eat from the tree of knowledge, the tree of Life was then taken away. As long as Law was in affect, deluded humans would pervert life with their laws. Systemic racism was based on law. Once the old law was superseded, what also ended was the unique differentiation of the Jews; elite race, as defined by the law.

Instead, there was now a push for the integration of all humans, including the Pagans. Many Pagan festivals merged with Christian teachings as a way to bring people together. Without Law it was less about being part of a unique clan, but more about being good, since all clans had good and evil people. Being a Jew is not defined by strict obedience to the Law, but by blood line, allowing even the evil, to be part of the chosen ones, by blood, instead of by works. That was also the problem with all clans; pure blooded evil, gets higher billing, than impure blooded goodness. That violated the spirit of law.

Christianity would merge with Rome; become the official religion of Rome, bringing Christianity to all the cultures and religions of this world empire. The promise of the spirit is then given to all, so goodness was the criteria, instead of blood.

2ndpillar

Christianity was based on superseding the old Law. Law was connected to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and Satan. God did not want Adam and Eve to know law; knowledge of good and evil. He created a taboo not to eat from the tree of good and evil; was not good food for thought. Satan, cons Eve and then Adam to accept law of good and evil, under the guise, this would make them become like gods; appeal to their fear and vanity.

How can law be from God, if God did not condone law from day one?

After Adam and Eve eat from the tree of knowledge, the tree of Life was then taken away. As long as Law was in affect, deluded humans would pervert life with their laws. Systemic racism was based on law. Once the old law was superseded, what also ended was the unique differentiation of the Jews; elite race, as defined by the law.

Instead, there was now a push for the integration of all humans, including the Pagans. Many Pagan festivals merged with Christian teachings as a way to bring people together. Without Law it was less about being part of a unique clan, but more about being good, since all clans had good and evil people. Being a Jew is not defined by strict obedience to the Law, but by blood line, allowing even the evil, to be part of the chosen ones, by blood, instead of by works. That was also the problem with all clans; pure blooded evil, gets higher billing, than impure blooded goodness. That violated the spirit of law.

Christianity would merge with Rome; become the official religion of Rome, bringing Christianity to all the cultures and religions of this world empire. The promise of the spirit is then given to all, so goodness was the criteria, instead of blood.
I don't think that man determining "good" from "evil", a humanistic Progressive approach has worked. Now we have 65 genders, no one knows what a "woman" is, and the president of the U.S. has taken large sums of money through his family from enemy states, and the humanist applaud the guy and voted for this tottering inept relic. The religion the "serpent" sold was that man was to determine "good"/righteousness from "evil"/wickedness. As for "superseding" the law, well, "Christianity", the religion of the false prophet Paul, is along with the world, running down the "wide" "path" to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15). The banks are failing, the U.S. has 4 nuclear opponents, with Russian nuclear weapons 600 miles of the east coast, with supersonic nuclear missiles on their ships, human and drug trafficking on our border, a vice president less competent then the failed president, and transgenderism a major point in children education. This all sounds great to the "education" "elite", but it does not go over well for the gun and bible toting "deplorables". The "rift" is between the "elites", the progressives, who claim an aura of Christianity, such as with Pelosi and Biden, but in fact, are among the "lawless", who according to Matthew 13:39-42, are looking forward to getting thrown into the "furnace of fire". While you hold the modern progressive view, reality will soon over take your world. As for the "law" of day one, it was to keep God's commandment of not eating from the forbidden tree. As for to not coven they neighbor's wife, he apparently had no neighbor's wife to covet on day one, or not to kill his neighbor, he had no neighbor to kill.

2ndpillar

By this reply it appears that you are practising Messianic Judaism while Rejecting Elohim's/God's Inspired Apostle Paul. Given that you are hiding your Religion, it appears that you are are Ashamed of it, if you have any Religion at all.

Elohim/God has the Power to Reclaim anything that belongs to him that has been Corrupted. Elohim's/God's Lowest Form the Devil/Satan Corrupted the Passover that belonged to the True Elohim/God.
I was raised in a "Catholic" family, but that only gives me an insight into Catholicism, and does not make me a Catholic. As for you and your false prophet Paul determining what God accepts or rejects, that is a large leap of faith, with no foundation apart from false claims of Paul and of yourself. You seem to miss the concepts of the "kingdom" which is imaged by way of the Passover, whereas those with the "blood" on their lintels, will have the angels of death pass by. The "blood" symbolizes the spirit of God, the Spirit of Revelation, is contained within the blood. The "message" of the son of man is the Spirit of prophecy/Revelation (Revelation 19:10 &13), and the "Word of God". As the Jews continue today, they apply the law of God, the "Word of God" to their lintels per Deuteronomy, to fulfill the spiritual aspect of the "Word of God". Now it is those "who commit lawlessness", and consider the "law" put away, as in made "obsolete", who will be gathered "first" and thrown into the furnace of fire (great tribulation), at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30 & 39-42) But go ahead and make up stories about you escaping "first" when that only works in 1984 and is not a real-life movie.

2ndpillar

Do you even know the difference between passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread? And how do you "celebrate" "passover"? Do you sacrifice an unblemished lamb and paint your lintels with its' blood? If passover is on a Wednesday this year, what day was it on around 2000 years ago, and when would that make 3 days and 3 nights later, and at what time? Where does your "good Friday" come into that equation? Please do not run for president.

Elihoenai

I was raised in a "Catholic" family, but that only gives me an insight into Catholicism, and does not make me a Catholic. As for you and your false prophet Paul determining what God accepts or rejects, that is a large leap of faith, with no foundation apart from false claims of Paul and of yourself. You seem to miss the concepts of the "kingdom" which is imaged by way of the Passover, whereas those with the "blood" on their lintels, will have the angels of death pass by. The "blood" symbolizes the spirit of God, the Spirit of Revelation, is contained within the blood. The "message" of the son of man is the Spirit of prophecy/Revelation (Revelation 19:10 &13), and the "Word of God". As the Jews continue today, they apply the law of God, the "Word of God" to their lintels per Deuteronomy, to fulfill the spiritual aspect of the "Word of God". Now it is those "who commit lawlessness", and consider the "law" put away, as in made "obsolete", who will be gathered "first" and thrown into the furnace of fire (great tribulation), at the "end of the age" (Matthew 13:30 & 39-42) But go ahead and make up stories about you escaping "first" when that only works in 1984 and is not a real-life movie.
2 Peter 3:15-16

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Are you a Christian?

I Am Christian Gnostic viewed as Heretic by the Universal Roman Catholic Church and the subject of an ongoing Inquisition by said Church.

Firstly, you don't understand Paul the Apostle.
Secondly, Paul the Apostle teaches you must do Works Under the Law and you must Keep the Law.

The 2.2 Billion members of Christendom corrupt Paul's Words to Not Practice Law because they want, above all else, to keep their Sin/Flesh. The practices of the Universal Roman Catholic Church supports and promotes with great fervour Sin Keeping.

Do you agree that the Passover is Under the Law?

Last edited:

metis

Informative and honest reply much appreciated. The Passover/Easter you view as Entertainment. Do you agree that almost all the 2.2 Billion Christian members of the Universal Roman Catholic Church also view the Passover/Easter as Entertainment?
Probably many take it as I do as rituals that can very much have meanings for us. Ritual doesn't imply a lack of importance. Also, within Catholicism, we do have the right of personal discernment.

2ndpillar

2 Peter 3:15-16

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
According to a majority of so-called scholars, 2 Peter was not written by Peter, and was written after his death. Not to mention that the "canon" containing 2 Peter was a proscribed by a daughter of Babylon, the Catholic church, via the bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius, in the year 367 A.D., way past the "falling away" of the church. This 2 Peter author, called Paul a "brother", which is correct, as Peter was chosen to fulfill Zechariah 11:16-17, in which Peter, the "worthless shepherd", was chosen as a "shepherd" along with Paul (Zechariah 11:10) and Judas Iscariot (Zechariah 11:12-13). According to Yeshua, it is the "learned" who will not understand (Matthew 11:25), with understanding going to the "babes". 2 Peter would be just a part of the message of the "enemy", the "tare seed", that was to be mixed with the "good seed", the message of the son of man (Matthew 13:24-42). It was Peter who Yeshua called "Satan, and a stumbling block to me" (Mt 16:23).

Zechariah 12I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages. 13Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD. 14Then I cut in pieces my second staff Union, to break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
15The LORD said to me, “Take again for yourself the equipment of a foolish shepherd. 16“For behold, I am going to raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for the perishing, seek the scattered, heal the broken, or sustain the one standing, but will devour the flesh of the fat sheep and tear off their hoofs.

17“Woe to the worthless shepherd
Who leaves the flock!
A sword will be on his arm
And on his right eye!
His arm will be totally withered
And his right eye will be blind.”

Elihoenai

To me it means renewal and spring time, although in Florida there is not much renewing going on.
Romans 12

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

How do you go about Renewing?

Elihoenai

Probably many take it as I do as rituals that can very much have meanings for us. Ritual doesn't imply a lack of importance. Also, within Catholicism, we do have the right of personal discernment.
Mark 14:12-15

12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

The Rituals/Rites are of Critical Importance because that is what Defines the Religion and the Members/Practitioners of the Religion.

ritual

1. an established or prescribed procedure for a religious or other rite.
2. a system or collection of religious or other rites.
3. observance of set forms in public worship.

The Rituals/Rites of the Universal Roman Catholic Church are Temporal Rituals/Rites for Elohim's/God's Earthly Church Dominion. The Dominion of the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus.

Yeshua/Jesus provides Rituals/Rites to Perform in his Ministry. For example, the Ritual/Rite of preparation for the Passover.

Elihoenai

According to a majority of so-called scholars, 2 Peter was not written by Peter, and was written after his death. Not to mention that the "canon" containing 2 Peter was a proscribed by a daughter of Babylon, the Catholic church, via the bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius, in the year 367 A.D., way past the "falling away" of the church. This 2 Peter author, called Paul a "brother", which is correct, as Peter was chosen to fulfill Zechariah 11:16-17, in which Peter, the "worthless shepherd", was chosen as a "shepherd" along with Paul (Zechariah 11:10) and Judas Iscariot (Zechariah 11:12-13). According to Yeshua, it is the "learned" who will not understand (Matthew 11:25), with understanding going to the "babes". 2 Peter would be just a part of the message of the "enemy", the "tare seed", that was to be mixed with the "good seed", the message of the son of man (Matthew 13:24-42). It was Peter who Yeshua called "Satan, and a stumbling block to me" (Mt 16:23).

Zechariah 12I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give me my wages; but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty shekels of silver as my wages. 13Then the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the potter, that magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty shekels of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the LORD. 14Then I cut in pieces my second staff Union, to break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.
15The LORD said to me, “Take again for yourself the equipment of a foolish shepherd. 16“For behold, I am going to raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for the perishing, seek the scattered, heal the broken, or sustain the one standing, but will devour the flesh of the fat sheep and tear off their hoofs.

17“Woe to the worthless shepherd
Who leaves the flock!
A sword will be on his arm
And on his right eye!
His arm will be totally withered
And his right eye will be blind.”
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Firstly, we have to establish if you are a Christian. It appears you are Not a Christian because of your Rubbishing parts of the Bible. If you are Not a practising Christian it's impossible to understand anything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Even the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom do Not Really understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Scholars that are Not Practising Christians and/or do Not have the Holy Spirit don't know what they are talking about.

You didn't answer the questions posed to you, @2ndpillar, in post #10: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Questions:
Are you a Christian?

The Elohim/God Ordained Universal Roman Catholic Church is for Elohim's/God's Temporal Dominion on Earth through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

metis

Mark 14:12-15

12 And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?

13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

The Rituals/Rites are of Critical Importance because that is what Defines the Religion and the Members/Practitioners of the Religion.

ritual

1. an established or prescribed procedure for a religious or other rite.
2. a system or collection of religious or other rites.
3. observance of set forms in public worship.

The Rituals/Rites of the Universal Roman Catholic Church are Temporal Rituals/Rites for Elohim's/God's Earthly Church Dominion. The Dominion of the Earthly Yeshua/Jesus.

Yeshua/Jesus provides Rituals/Rites to Perform in his Ministry. For example, the Ritual/Rite of preparation for the Passover.
So, what's your point?

BTW, I've taught Catholic theology to adults for 15 years now.

2ndpillar

Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Firstly, we have to establish if you are a Christian. It appears you are Not a Christian because of your Rubbishing parts of the Bible. If you are Not a practising Christian it's impossible to understand anything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible. Even the 2.2 Billion Christians in Christendom do Not Really understand the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Scholars that are Not Practising Christians and/or do Not have the Holy Spirit don't know what they are talking about.

You didn't answer the questions posed to you, @2ndpillar, in post #10: What Does Passover/Easter Holyday/Holiday Mean To You?

Questions:
Are you a Christian?

The Elohim/God Ordained Universal Roman Catholic Church is for Elohim's/God's Temporal Dominion on Earth through Yeshua Messiah/Jesus Christ.
According to Yeshua in Matthew 18:16, in line with the Scripture of Deut 15:19, every matter must be confirmed by two or three witnesses). The last part of Matthew 28 is controversial, and is not included in the original text, and is not confirmed by another parallel statement of Luke 24:47, and is antithetical to Yeshua in John 14:30. Plus Yeshua said that in Matthew 24:26, "if they say to you", "he is in the inner rooms, or in the wilderness, do not believe them". Yeshua said that he was leaving and the ruler of the world was coming, who had nothing in him (John 14;30). The "ruler of the world", would be described in Revelation 13:4, as the "dragon", who gave his authority to the "beast", which at the time of 2000 years ago, was the 6th head of the beast (Revelation 17:9-10), Rome, upon who the "woman" (the daughters of Babylon), such as the Roman Catholic church sat. The 7th head of the beast, the "another beast" (Rev 13:11), the "beast with two horns like a lamb", Constantine, is the "beast" who shall "deceive" "those who dwell on the earth" (Revelation 13:14), by means of his Roman Church, and their false dogmas ("abominations")(Rev 17:5), which includes worshipping on the pagan feast of Easter (Astarte), believing in the false concept of the Trinity, and eventually of accepting their NT canon. The Roman Catholic church and her daughter churches, the Protestants, built their "house" on a foundation of sand (Matthew 7:26-28), that being the testimonies of the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd", Peter (Zechariah 11:16-17). Acocrding to the "Word of God" (Psalms 110:1), "my Lord" will sit at the right hand of the LORD, until "I make your enemies a footstool for thy feet." That hasn't happened as of yet, and the kingdoms of Daniel 2:35 have not all be "crushed" "all at the same time", and we remain in the era of the 8th head of the revived beast per Revelation 17:11. As per Hosea 6:2, it is after 2 days, on the 3rd day, when the LORD will heal Judah and Ephraim after they "acknowledge their guilt". (Hosea 5:15). Passover is with respect to preparing the unblemished lamb and coating the lintels of one's home with its blood to have the angels of death pass over, which happens in the early hours of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. It has nothing to do with pagan festivals or of having Easter Eggs, in homage of Babel's Nimrod. After the "day of distress" (Jeremiah 16:19) the Gentiles/"nations" which survive will confess "our fathers inherited nothing but falsehood". Starting with the false dogma of the Trinity, and the Catholic NT canon, the Gentile church is built on a foundation of "sand", and is destined to "fall" (Matthew 7:26-27).

John 14:30
New American Standard Bible
I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in regard to Me,

pearl

It was "passover" that was killed by the Roman Gentile church and replaced by the pagan spring festival of Astarte.

Easter is a celebration observed by the universal church, it is the 'passover of the Lord', not to be confused with secular, materialistic nonsense.

Rome, upon who the "woman" (the daughters of Babylon), such as the Roman Catholic church sat.

You do realize that the reference in Rev you choose refers to the Roman Empire and its persecution of Christians, and not the Roman Catholic Church.

2ndpillar

Easter is a celebration observed by the universal church, it is the 'passover of the Lord', not to be confused with secular, materialistic nonsense.
"Passover" is a term with respect to the angels of death passing over the children of Israel in Egypt. It will be reenacted at the "end of the age" with regard to the angels of the LORD coming to "gatherer" "those who commit lawlessness" and throwing them into the "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:30 & 38-42). As for the "day of the LORD", that would refer to the day of YHWY (Joel 2:31-3-2) in which the "nations"/Gentiles will be gathered to the valley of judgment (Har-Magedon)(Revelation 16:13-16) and be judged. There is not anything more "materialistic" than the pagan feast of Easter, with its pagan traditions and false premises, with exception of the Gentile pagan festival of Christmas, the birthday of the pagan god Sol Invictus, whose symbol was that of a cross.