• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What does 'Jesus' ie Yehoshua being called the word of God mean?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To me (and I might be wrong) 'Jesus' has come to mean "You will save us".

To me (and I might be wrong) Yehoshua or (if you prefer) Yeshu means learn to trust YHVH*. (Did I spell * right?)

Sculelos

To me (and I might be wrong) 'Jesus' has come to mean "You will save us".

To me (and I might be wrong) Yehoshua or (if you prefer) Yeshu means learn to trust YHVH*. (Did I spell * right?)

Jesus : The great spreading of energy and connection of the spreading, I belief this most accurately described the Son of God or Jesus so this is the name I personally use.

Yeshua: The outpouring of energy into far and wide into everything. I believe this also resembled the water's of life that Jesus is.

YHWY: The energy that is outside of the separation and expansion of the heavens and Earth. This is no doubt God.

Either way you slice it Jesus is the neutron and the first and only direct physical creation of God. And everything else was created by the manifestation of God (The electron) in Jesus (The neutron).

The Holy Spirit is God and Jesus working together.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jesus : The great spreading of energy and connection of the spreading, I belief this most accurately described the Son of God or Jesus so this is the name I personally use.

Yeshua: The outpouring of energy into far and wide into everything. I believe this also resembled the water's of life that Jesus is.

YHWY: The energy that is outside of the separation and expansion of the heavens and Earth. This is no doubt God.

Either way you slice it Jesus is the neutron and the first and only direct physical creation of God. And everything else was created by the manifestation of God (The electron) in Jesus (The neutron).

The Holy Spirit is God and Jesus working together.

Thank you. That sounds fine and good. But the point of the thread, if I remember correctly, is how an understanding of The Word is powerful for us. If we do not understand The Word, it cannot benefit us. That is my presumption anyway.

Sculelos

Thank you. That sounds fine and good. But the point of the thread, if I remember correctly, is how an understanding of The Word is powerful for us. If we do not understand The Word, it cannot benefit us. That is my presumption anyway.

To understand the Word of God is to understand God himself. God is the Word and the Word is God and the Word is with God and the Word was God.

WAS: Means a spreading and building up of energy from two points to three points. This means that the combination of God and Jesus which is the electron and the neutron formed together to create the universe and everything within the universe.

If we want to know what the word of God actually means in our lives. I think we would do well to study scripture. Pray and truly seek God's truth in our lives.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It seems to me that all the preaching done about Jesus is concerning his image. But an image is nothing. What The Living God is communicating is what is important. I believe we are able to discern what it is God is telling us by understanding Yehoshua The Word. The Word, like God, is ONE. BUT it is abundant. If important parts are understood incorrectly those parts spoil the rest. And that is what I see happening.

Sculelos

It seems to me that all the preaching done about Jesus is concerning his image. But an image is nothing. What The Living God is communicating is what is important. I believe we are able to discern what it is God is telling us by understanding Yehoshua The Word. The Word, like God, is ONE. BUT it is abundant. If important parts are understood incorrectly those parts spoil the rest. And that is what I see happening.

God and Jesus are of one mind. If you obey God you obey Jesus, if you obey Jesus you obey God.

I think if a person really wants to follow Jesus they will start be reading and following the teachings in the New Testament first to the best of their abilities. And if they love God they will continue learning and growing in his love.

I agree, that many people think Jesus came to bring peace to the world. To teach people that they can still sin even though they aren't doing ANYTHING he asked of them. However he told them plenty of times, if they believe but yet don't show it in their deeds and actions in their belief then their faith is dead and their will be no forgiveness for living in a continual sinful lifestyle.

chinu

chinu
Revelation 19:13 and John 1:1 call Yehoshua the "word". What does being called The Word mean please?

He is arrayed with a garment covered with blood, and his name is called, The Word of God.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

also at Luke 8:11, John 10:35, John 17:17, Acts 6:7, Romans 9:6, Hebrews 4:12, 1 John 2:7, 1 John 5:7

The Logos.

But the same word is also used for "saying" at Titus 3:8 and for the speech of the disciples at Colossians 4:6 and for Paul's contemptible speech at 2 Corinthians 10:10
Word, or Logos is inside all of us but we all are disconnected from it, When one gets connection with this "Word", one get dissolve into this Word like "Drop into sea" and becomes the "Word" itself.

Jesus was word personified, that's why the "Word" is used for jesus.:)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
God and Jesus are of one mind. If you obey God you obey Jesus, if you obey Jesus you obey God.
It is not obey if you mean in the sense of doing something. Obey is correct if it is in the sense of willingness to understand everything under God.

I think if a person really wants to follow Jesus they will start by reading and following the teachings in the New Testament first to the best of their abilities.
No, this is wrong. The teachings are not God. God is God.

And if they love God they will continue learning and growing in his love.
Right! It is what "your sins are forgiven" means. Because how can a person continue in Him if they are not forgiven where they have failed in it?
I agree, that many people think Jesus came to bring peace to the world. To teach people that they can still sin even though they aren't doing ANYTHING he asked of them. However he told them plenty of times, if they believe but yet don't show it in their deeds and actions in their belief then their faith is dead and their will be no forgiveness for living in a continual sinful lifestyle.
"In their belief" is correct. It is not about acting out what we believe he is telling. It is about understanding. To understand something that is heard incorrectly is not possible.
What is it telling me to do? No! It means to be asking God what it is God would have you to be. If you are something you will behave as you are. When you persist in being made new according to the love of God you will demonstrate works and they will prove to yourself you are persisting. What I see being taught by Man is works first then faith. Faith is before works.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Word, or Logos is inside all of us but we all are disconnected from it, When one gets connection with this "Word", one get dissolve into this Word like "Drop into sea" and becomes the "Word" itself.

Jesus was word personified, that's why the "Word" is used for jesus.:)

I can agree with this.

Sculelos

It is not obey if you mean in the sense of doing something. Obey is correct if it is in the sense of willingness to understand everything under God.

No, this is wrong. The teachings are not God. God is God.

Right! It is what "your sins are forgiven" means. Because how can a person continue in Him if they are not forgiven where they have failed in it?
"In their belief" is correct. It is not about acting out what we believe he is telling. It is about understanding. To understand something that is heard incorrectly is not possible.
What is it telling me to do? No! It means to be asking God what it is God would have you to be. If you are something you will behave as you are. When you persist in being made new according to the love of God you will demonstrate works and they will prove to yourself you are persisting. What I see being taught by Man is works first then faith. Faith is before works.

God is infinite. The word is a part of God but not the entirety as the word is finite in nature but yet God is infinite. Human minds can only comprehend God by his works done in Jesus Christ. In the beginning was the Word. Jesus is the Word but the word is the physical structure that comes from God.

Jesus said to Peter, "Do you love me more then my followers?" Peter said "Yes Lord, You know that I love you more." Then Jesus said "Feed my lambs". Jesus asked him again Simon son of Jonas, "Do you love me?", Peter said "You know that I love you!" Jesus said ", "Feed my sheep." Jesus asked him again "Simon son of Jonas, "Do you love me?" Peter said saddened "Lord you know all things and you know that I love you!" Jesus said unto Him "Feed my sheep".

It's important to note that Jesus use the word lamb once and sheep twice. A Lamb is someone that is already following God to the best of their ability a lamb is a disciple. A sheep is someone who is just following whomever is guiding them with no real thought if their leaders are leading them down the right path. They are essentially the unthinking majority. Jesus want's us to Love his followers, but Jesus also wants us to love those who are ignorant, stupid, silly, dumb, blind, deaf, weak. If we love Jesus, we will always try to do good for others even if they have lost their way.

This is the essential message of Christ.